Beckham approved for stadium on OB site

sun life stadium capacity 76,100

orange bowl capacity 72,319

Beckum stadium capacity at former OB 40-45,000

I know this isn't a realistic option, but it would be nice to play at Beckham's stadium for most games and play bigger games at Sun Life. Maybe a more realistic option (but still unlikely) is to play one game a year at Sun Life (FSU and then every other year one marquee OOC opponent).

^^^^ This. Keep Sun-Life for Marquee games ONLY. If Beckham's staduim is indeed a 40-45k stadium, that is fine for our fans. I don't care what the ticket sale stated, there's no way in **** Sun Life had 50k ppl in it when it was clear that only 30-35 showed up.

Advertisement
y'all realize SunLife is going to be one of the nicest stadiums in the US after the renovations or nah?

y'all realize SunLife is going to be one of the nicest stadiums in the US after the renovations or nah?

Y'all realize it's still nowhere near campus and is barely in MIAMI or nah?

**** it...let's just rename them the Florida Hurricanes, or maybe the Broward County Storm.

Some of you will go to any depth to *** kiss the administration and back up anything they do. Our only hope at this point is Beckham.

nothing about sun-life feels like home. not the neighborhood, not the commute, not the tailgating...nothing. nothing about sun-life feels like a college football atmosphere. if anything, all this does it suggest that this stadium should be used for big games only...not every weekend football games.

Stadium suck as was. I'll wait till its done to see what its like. What sure does suck is the way we play under El Foldo, which is the real problem. I have seen people turn out and rock sun life. How can a stadium have like with 15k? Answer that. Have you see 60k people there and it has no atmosphere? No the problem is attendance at said stadium. And it's crappy because we play like ****

Advertisement
What I want to know is, why couldn't the University of Miami get on this site on its own? Why do we always have to piggy back on someone else's money?

zero leadership, and zero desire for investing in football from the powers that be.

**** it...let's just rename them the Florida Hurricanes, or maybe the Broward County Storm.

Some of you will go to any depth to *** kiss the administration and back up anything they do. Our only hope at this point is Beckham.

I accepted awhile ago that we aren't going to be getting a different stadium.

What's the point of being negative about it?

Group me in with the slurps though ... I'll **** you up dawg

When we moved to Sunlife I told everyone to relax it would be fine. I was wrong it sucks.

I accepted awhile ago that we aren't going to be getting a different stadium.

What's the point of being negative about it?

Group me in with the slurps though ... I'll **** you up dawg

Consider yourself grouped

There's no reason to be positive about ANYTHING going on with this program right now. It's the worst administration it the country and every day that passes where no changes are made we get incrementally worse as a program.

I'll never accept that ****. I'm rooting for Beckham.

Advertisement
Don't matter if we play in a high school stadium...I'm going and having a great time...especially if we win. When I was in the OB watching us get raped by Virginia...OB sucked.

What I want to know is, why couldn't the University of Miami get on this site on its own? Why do we always have to piggy back on someone else's money?

zero leadership, and zero desire for investing in football from the powers that be.

this...

Advertisement

Dude, SLS won't even be in the same league as the newest stadiums (Cowboys, Giants, Cardinals, Etc.) throughout the nation. Besides, it won't provide a "College Football" atmosphere like the elite programs in the country. Just stop.

Advertisement
Texas St. Bobcats have an on campus stadium. Miami Hurricanes do not.

30.jpg

I doubt Beckham and co. will agree to accepting that proposed stadium site. They've already called it "spiritually tainted" with all the bad karma/taste from the Marlins ordeal. I think if Beckham doesn't find a better location soon, then he's just going to bail on MLS Miami period.

Do you ever attend any games? Speak for yourself.

nothing about sun-life feels like home. not the neighborhood, not the commute, not the tailgating...nothing. nothing about sun-life feels like a college football atmosphere. if anything, all this does it suggest that this stadium should be used for big games only...not every weekend football games.

i think your wrong sun life is gonna be rocking they moved every seat closer to the field even the top level, the roof is gonna trap that noise and the fans are going to be right on top of the players i think sun life could be an hostile environment we as fans just has to show up and support our team, plus a soccer field is 100 feet wide the seats are going to be to far on one side look we need to stay at sun life untill we get our own stadium.

Yeah sure. Except for all the empty seats and lackluster product on the field you might be right. Except for small number of seats must seats will still be far from action due to angle of incline.

Seats are not far because of the angle.. current angle is slightly steeper then most modern stadiums. The seats are far because they tried to build an all in one stadium.. can host soccer, baseball, football... all of which in a poor way.

Advertisement
Back