BCS standings thread 10/27

We beat WF and FSU and we should be 3rd, 2nd if Ducks lose by then. Al needs to get some IT geek working on the computer ranking program and start playing to it like FSU does. Basically, score all you can and have no mercy. How great is it to be ****ing about only being 7th in the BCS poll and heading to Tally in two weeks to take the heart out of the Noles one more time. I've been waiting for this moment all on my life, oh Lord. The only thing that could make going undefeated and playing Bama in the NC even better is leaving a frigging undefeated Urban lead OSU out in the dark weeping and nashing their teeth. Sweet.

If Morris keeps throwing it to the other team, none of this will matter. He's the key and needs to start playing a lot better.

Advertisement
Guess what? Who cares, we are top 7 in the country! When was the last time we were even that?! Just ******* enjoy where we are, and focus on winning our games, the rest will take care of itself.

We back?

since nobody posted it.

1. Alabama
2. FSU
3. Oregon
4. Ohio State
5. Mizzou
6. Stanford
7. Miami
8. Baylor
9. Clemson
10. Texas Tech

interesting to see the BCS computers have FSU ranked number one but Harris poll and coaches poll is holding them back

Last edited:
the same computers that have us 10 love mizzou f or beating depleted uga a nd uf teams

How are those wins good to computers?

If they really are computers, beating those two teams shouldn't be impressive because neither team is ranked anymore. Unless of course there's an SEC-bias code in those systems.

Advertisement
Mizzou will lose to the GameCocks next week, we will jump Stanford and November 2nd will be throwback Saturday!
#2FSU v #5UM. Finally we have a REAL FSU MIAMI game, it's been a looooong time.
I already can't wait, my body is ready.

Connor Shaw may not even play next week.

Mizzou will lose to the GameCocks next week, we will jump Stanford and November 2nd will be throwback Saturday!

agreed. mizzou ain't losing to USCe. they will lose to aTm at the end of the season though, possibly even ole miss before that

doesn't matter though, we'll jump mizzou after winning the FSU game and we won't look back

Also a question for everyone.

Stanford beating oregon, does stanford get in the national championship with 1 loss over an undefeated Miami team?

I believe Miami would win out with pollsters so it wouldn't be an issue, but it's an interesting question I believe

Stanford ahead of us now with a crappy loss against an unranked team, we would be pretty much trading strength of schedule with them the rest of the way. FSU would be their Oregon. VT game and conference championship game might push us over the edge

Last edited:

I still wouldn't count out USClite. Their defense will keep them in the game.

Advertisement
I am thankful we are in the top 10 its been a long time coming...glad the BCS crap is ending though...lets press on...

It doesn't end, it will be used for the playoffs

No it won't. Just like the NCAA tournament, a group of people will decide the top 4 teams.

You are correct, forgot about the commission, my bad, spoke too quickly out of my *** on that one

Once again, to all those complaining, chillax and enjoy being relevant and a top 10 team again!

I am thankful we are in the top 10 its been a long time coming...glad the BCS crap is ending though...lets press on...

No it won't. Just like the NCAA tournament, a group of people will decide the top 4 teams.

You are correct, forgot about the commission, my bad, spoke too quickly out of my *** on that one

Once again, to all those complaining, chillax and enjoy being relevant and a top 10 team again!

the rest of the top 25 is standard ap/coaches poll bowl games right?

Honestly, never understood why people still mention the AP? I get the media because they want to be relevant, but the AP has not been part of the BCS process in years. The AP is meaningless and has no bearing or effect on the bcs poll what so ever

Advertisement
the same computers that have us 10 love mizzou f or beating depleted uga a nd uf teams

How are those wins good to computers?

If they really are computers, beating those two teams shouldn't be impressive because neither team is ranked anymore. Unless of course there's an SEC-bias code in those systems.

they were both ranked due to the SEC "it's ok to lose to another SEC team" thing.

Honestly, never understood why people still mention the AP? I get the media because they want to be relevant, but the AP has not been part of the BCS process in years. The AP is meaningless and has no bearing or effect on the bcs poll what so ever

See 2003.

I see what you're saying but they are eliminating the bcs so thats not how it'll be in the future, i was just asking if rankings will be solely off the coaches poll or if they'll factor in the ap poll at all

maybe i'm crazy, but i'd rather have the media vote on teams.

most coaches don't care about other programs at all, and don't pay any attention to other games around the country because they are too busy with their own teams. Media will at least be more informed imo

Advertisement

I see what you're saying but they are eliminating the bcs so thats not how it'll be in the future, i was just asking if rankings will be solely off the coaches poll or if they'll factor in the ap poll at all

maybe i'm crazy, but i'd rather have the media vote on teams.

most coaches don't care about other programs at all, and don't pay any attention to other games around the country because they are too busy with their own teams. Media will at least be more informed imo

Agree with the coaches poll being just as useless, when it is common knowledge they have their assistants just send it in, and they don't follow what is going on, and understandable, they spend all their time focusing on their team, and then somehow people put them in a position to evaluate the worth of other teams without even watching them unless they played them. Just as dumb.

AP issue I have is the bias, especially preseason, but they are better equipped than the coaches, personally I would eliminate all polls until now. It is the one aspect of the BCS I like.

Now as to your original question, I do not know exactly what polling systems will be in place for the committee to use for their selections

I understand the debacle about Stanford being in front of us, they shouldn't be, but we are continuously flying under the radar... I like that... I want the Def to play FSU better than they played UF and Stephen Morris to play the best game he has ever played in his life and no more injuries. We will miss Dorsett for that game trust me... he is our deep threat, even though I think Coley can step in and pick up. Thing is he is not as fast as PD. We beat FSU and VT we will be #2 and play Alabama for a championship. We owe them an *** whoopin anyway.

Advertisement
Back