BCS standings thread 10/27

If we beat #2 FSU, then beat VagTech that will be #12-14 by the time we play them and then hopefully a one loss top 10 FSU again in the acc ship, especially if va tech doesn't lose again after us, I think we jump Oregon.

Advertisement
If we go undefeated that means we beat Florida State twice and win the ACC. We will play for the national championship if that happens.

Unfortunately this probably isn't true. If a scenario happens were 5 teams are undefeated the order is going to be:

1. Undefeated SEC team (Bama or Mizzou)
2. Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC team (Miami or FSU)
4. Baylor
5. Ohio St

I think it is

1. Undefeated Bama or Mizzou (if they beat an undefeated Bama and are undefeated)
2. Undefeated Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC
4. OSU
5. Undefeated Big 12 (Baylor or Tech)**

*I think OSU will get the slide because of stupid BS that has nothing to do with football over undefeated Big 12 team UNLESS...
**The only way an undefeated Big 12 gets in over OSU, is if both Tech and Baylor are undefeated when they play each other**

didnt oregon get leap frog-ed by an undefeated ACC team?

For now, but if the season finishes (as I stated above) I believe they will get the nod over FSU. Oregon is .0028 behind FSU, that is not tremendous lead. After Oregon plays #12 UCLA and @ #6 Stanford, I expect them to lap them. They also have a ranked Oregon State on the schedule which would help as well (Assuming they keep winning) and a PAC-12 Conference Championship Game.

FSU has us and whoever they play in the ACCCG, perhaps if they had VT on the schedule they would have a better SOS. Remember UF may have a losing record (LOL) by the time they play them and their OOC schedule was dog s.hit.

If we beat #2 FSU, then beat VagTech that will be #12-14 by the time we play them and then hopefully a one loss top 10 FSU again in the acc ship, especially if va tech doesn't lose again after us, I think we jump Oregon.

A ton of "ifs" there.

There are a ton of scenarios left and Oregon may just flop one on their own.

Oregon still has a pretty good #12 UCLA, a road game at #6 Stanford and a game against rival Oregon State (who is ranked). In addition, they have another game in the PAC-12 Champ Game.

This is a real difficult schedule remaining.

On top of everthing, we need Duke (5-2) and Pitt (4-2) to win out until they play against each other, vt or us. Therefore, they can possibly finish the season 8-4.

Its laughable that some of you in here are throwing around beating FSU (TWICE) as if we are playing middle of the pack team. Hate or Flame or NEG me if you like, but the truth is we are going to be **** lucky to get out a Talley with a win the way we are playing right now. What on earth have you seen from our previous 6 games tells you we are primed and ready for FSU. We have a ton of work to do in this next week and if we can't fix the turnovers, we have no shot in **** of even making it respectable. That's not to mention and Wake Forest team that is playing very well right now. Perfect storm for a trap game after a trap game. FSU for once is the real deal. We are such a better team from last year but we are wildly inconsistent on offense. Lets get thru Wake and prepare like crazy for FSU. That rivalry game goes either way in any given year regardless of how good we are. To think we can knock them off twice like its nothing means you really do not understand the history of said rivalry. As for as the ranks....I'll take whatever they give us right now! LOL

Advertisement
Its laughable that some of you in here are throwing around beating FSU (TWICE) as if we are playing middle of the pack team. Hate or Flame or NEG me if you like, but the truth is we are going to be **** lucky to get out a Talley with a win the way we are playing right now. What on earth have you seen from our previous 6 games tells you we are primed and ready for FSU. We have a ton of work to do in this next week and if we can't fix the turnovers, we have no shot in **** of even making it respectable. That's not to mention and Wake Forest team that is playing very well right now. Perfect storm for a trap game after a trap game. FSU for once is the real deal. We are such a better team from last year but we are wildly inconsistent on offense. Lets get thru Wake and prepare like crazy for FSU. That rivalry game goes either way in any given year regardless of how good we are. To think we can knock them off twice like its nothing means you really do not understand the history of said rivalry. As for as the ranks....I'll take whatever they give us right now! LOL

No reason to neg you. You seem negative enough already my friend.

If we go undefeated that means we beat Florida State twice and win the ACC. We will play for the national championship if that happens.

Unfortunately this probably isn't true. If a scenario happens were 5 teams are undefeated the order is going to be:

1. Undefeated SEC team (Bama or Mizzou)
2. Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC team (Miami or FSU)
4. Baylor
5. Ohio St

I think it is

1. Undefeated Bama or Mizzou (if they beat an undefeated Bama and are undefeated)
2. Undefeated Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC
4. OSU
5. Undefeated Big 12 (Baylor or Tech)**

*I think OSU will get the slide because of stupid BS that has nothing to do with football over undefeated Big 12 team UNLESS...
**The only way an undefeated Big 12 gets in over OSU, is if both Tech and Baylor are undefeated when they play each other**

didnt oregon get leap frog-ed by an undefeated ACC team?

Only because of the computers, experts have already said oregon will rejump them because Oregon has the tougher remaining schedule

Not negative at all. Just realistic homie! I ride or die regardless, however some of the rationale in here does not run parallel with our product on the field. I LOOOOOOVE that we are 6-0 and wearing it proudly, but just at Coach Golden said on Joe Rose show today, we still have half a season to play. We still need lots of improving. Real Talk.

keep in mind that lestat went out of his way to go to the FSU board and praise the **** out of them along with bash um posters last year

marinate on that folk

Advertisement

my sentiments exactly. reading some of these posts on this board its like people think this is 2002. some of you are giddy like little school children. we need to take care of our business and keep the momentum going for this program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU*
5. Stanford
6. Baylor
7. Miami
8. Clemson
9. Mizzou
10. OU

Thanks for posting.

Interesting.

3 ACC teams in top 10.
2 sec teams
2 PAC 12
2 big 12 teams
1 big 10

At least national perspective has changed.
Preseason top 10 had Bama, LSU, Georgia, Texas am, South Carolina in top 10 with Florida at 12.
Miami, Missouri, Baylor and Oklahoma were either unranked or at the very bottom of the top 25.

Just further proof that any preseason rankings are basically blind throws at a dart board from 100 meters.

Last edited:
Look unless we beat FSU we are the second most overrated team in the nation second to the no. 5 team that lost to an in ranked team

Last edited:
Not negative at all. Just realistic homie! I ride or die regardless, however some of the rationale in here does not run parallel with our product on the field. I LOOOOOOVE that we are 6-0 and wearing it proudly, but just at Coach Golden said on Joe Rose show today, we still have half a season to play. We still need lots of improving. Real Talk.

You know what we've shown in our 1st 7 games that makes me believe we will win in Tally?
Mental toughness, discipline, and the ability to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
We've shown the ability to win games when we play like crap.

Last time I checked Clemson, Stanford, Missouri, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Oaklahoma, South Carolina, Texas A&M haven't shown the ability to gut out wins when all the Shiit has hit the fan. Those teams have, at one point or another, been in the top 10.

You doubters should be asking, "how will FSU react when they get clobbered in the nuts?"
Do they have the maturity, leadership and balls to win when everything is going wrong?

I know that we do.
Were going to find out how tough FSU is because we will be ready.
Time to see how hard the Seminole chin is.

Advertisement
Back