BCS standings thread 10/27

Advertisement
All of this means nothing if we can't win the coastal. Even if we lose to FSU on the 2nd, if we beat VT we still are able to accomplish our goals. Coastal champs, ACC champs then a shot at the national championship.

Let's not get carried away with all this debate about rankings. Still a lot of football to play before the dust is settled.

Don't look now, but VT is in the top 15 lurking. Motos were unranked when the month started.

From now on if your a canes fan, you root for Clemson to lose. If we blow a game and dont make it to the acc championship or lose in the acc championship game then we need to be higher ranked than clemson at a shot at an at large bcs bid at the end of the season.

Its great to be this far in the season and worrying about rankings

Oregon Mizzou and Ohio State all have tough games this upcoming weekend, i think that 1 or even 2 could fall. Plus don't count out Tenn at Bama, they almost got em a couple years ago at Bryant Denny if it wasnt for Cody's blocked field goal.

lolwut does this mean i have to stay awake saturday?

Advertisement
I don't care what we're ranked , we control our own destiny. Nov 2nd takes care of everything.

We most certainly do not control our own destiny unless you are sure that we will jump Oregon should we both win out, and that's unlikely.

Mizzou will lose to the GameCocks next week, we will jump Stanford and November 2nd will be throwback Saturday!
#2FSU v #5UM. Finally we have a REAL FSU MIAMI game, it's been a looooong time.
I already can't wait, my body is ready.

Connor Shaw may not even play next week.

agreed. mizzou ain't losing to USCe. they will lose to aTm at the end of the season though, possibly even ole miss before that

doesn't matter though, we'll jump mizzou after winning the FSU game and we won't look back

Also a question for everyone.

Stanford beating oregon, does stanford get in the national championship with 1 loss over an undefeated Miami team?

I believe Miami would win out with pollsters so it wouldn't be an issue, but it's an interesting question I believe

Stanford ahead of us now with a crappy loss against an unranked team, we would be pretty much trading strength of schedule with them the rest of the way. FSU would be their Oregon. VT game and conference championship game might push us over the edge

If we go undefeated I guarantee we will be ahead of all 1-loss teams. Beating FSU, VT, and probably FSU again in the ACCCG would do wonders to our computer score. I saw something that said that UM's opponents record to date is something like 13-25 and our remaining opponents are 25-13. I am making those numbers up, but they are close... it will flip, which is why we have a low computer rating, and why we will have a much better computer rating, should we win out, which we won't anyway.

If we go undefeated that means we beat Florida State twice and win the ACC. We will play for the national championship if that happens.

I echo the statement from someone above, we really have to be rooting against Clemson

Advertisement
Computers don't like rematches. If we face FSU twice it will not be good for us. Championship wise.

Realistically FSU probably isn't losing twice in the regular season. We need to hope that if we potentially end up with 2 losses (including acc champ) that we can still get a bcs bid, a 1 loss Clemson team would get in over us and I'd be worried that even if we had one loss that they'd find a way to give it to clemson, remember only 2 teams per conference can make the bcs games.

If it bothers you, and it shouldn't, realize that, when we win the games we have left, our computer ranking has nowhere to go but up.

If we go undefeated that means we beat Florida State twice and win the ACC. We will play for the national championship if that happens.

Unfortunately this probably isn't true. If a scenario happens were 5 teams are undefeated the order is going to be:

1. Undefeated SEC team (Bama or Mizzou)
2. Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC team (Miami or FSU)
4. Baylor
5. Ohio St

Advertisement

Unfortunately this probably isn't true. If a scenario happens were 5 teams are undefeated the order is going to be:

2. Oregon
4. Baylor
5. Ohio St

Disagree if Fsu VA tech and Clemson have solid seasons (2 losses each and Clemson with the 1)

Something Miami has going for us is the name brand. Beat Fsu after all the love they are getting will pay dividends

as much as our UNC game gets scrutinized, seems as though whomever is giving Stanford such high regard missed the epic battle they had with Army where the game was in question into the late 4th... Stanford loses 2-3 more games this year

I dont think so. Not if Bama and Oregon run the table. Bama or the winner of the SEC is a lock for one spot. Oregon has three ranked opponents left and all their remaining opponents have winning records thus far. I suppose its possible we could jump them but statistically unlikely.

This assumes of course that they both win out. I think this year has all the makings of a disastrophe with at least 1 unbeaten team - FSU/Miami - being on the outside looking in.

Advertisement

2. Oregon
4. Baylor
5. Ohio St

I think it is

1. Undefeated Bama or Mizzou (if they beat an undefeated Bama and are undefeated)
2. Undefeated Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC
4. OSU
5. Undefeated Big 12 (Baylor or Tech)**

*I think OSU will get the slide because of stupid BS that has nothing to do with football over undefeated Big 12 team UNLESS...
**The only way an undefeated Big 12 gets in over OSU, is if both Tech and Baylor are undefeated when they play each other**

2. Oregon
4. Baylor
5. Ohio St

I think it is

1. Undefeated Bama or Mizzou (if they beat an undefeated Bama and are undefeated)
2. Undefeated Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC
4. OSU

*I think OSU will get the slide because of stupid BS that has nothing to do with football over undefeated Big 12 team UNLESS...
**The only way an undefeated Big 12 gets in over OSU, is if both Tech and Baylor are undefeated when they play each other**

When you step back and look at it, what a cluserf*ck.

College football desperately needs a true playoff.

2. Oregon
4. Baylor
5. Ohio St

I think it is

2. Undefeated Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC
4. OSU

When you step back and look at it, what a cluserf*ck.

College football desperately needs a true playoff.

The thing is 4 teams only helps this nightmare, it doesn't fix it.

If 5 teams finish undefeated, it could happen (very unlikely), then you still have a disaster because it is simply unfair to leave one of the above out. Sure OSU schedule is weak but they beat everyone on it and play in a decent conference. All a team can do is control their own destiny, they can't control the destiny of teams they play.

Since enough teams don't schedule quality OOC teams (SEC), you could have a bunch of undefeated teams playing for a few spots.

4 teams fixes the problem, 8 teams might solve it.

2. Oregon
4. Baylor
5. Ohio St

I think it is

2. Undefeated Oregon
3. Undefeated ACC
4. OSU

didnt oregon get leap frog-ed by an undefeated ACC team?

Advertisement
Back