Battle has a new reason to leave

My dislike for everything OSU in monumental. However, if we are going to recruit a top tier student athlete, it should be about one thing; The U. We should not have to rely on negative recruiting. I believe we are getting ever so close to that as a team and an institution.

Advertisement
I think this plays into the committee’s greatest fear of keeping Meyer and having other things come out after. The isolated incident of spousal assault is no longer the topic of conversation. One must think the committee is now in the business of protecting their own reputations going forward. The “we didn’t have that information at the time of our ruling” won’t play anymore. It’s going to become a **** show and everyone knows it. I’ve said a hundred times he stays. I’m changing my mind. He’s gone and everyone associated with him will be gone eventually too. The university’s reputation is bigger than Meyer and football. It’s no longer an option to keep him. Error on the side of caution, fire him.

Exactly. McMurphy has too much concrete evidence that no one knows the full extent of. All he's got to do is whisper to the OSU admin, 'This is just the tip of the iceberg, ladies and gents.' Because we know and can see that the cover-up now is way more than just spousal abuse.

Very ironic that the investigation was supposed to end tomorrow and this just happens to leak out. It's almost as if McMurphy is baiting them to go ahead and slap Urban on the wrist (because we all know that's all they really want to do) so he can then unleash the real bombs to make the school look stupid and have to reverse course and face the public embarassment.

If OSU admin cares about the integrity and perception of their school, they drop Urban now and cut their losses.

Thats why I think hes done the guy has way to much and hasnt showed his full hand, he must have like this vendetta against Urban. It seems personal or am I reaching?
Maybe. But this solidifies McMurphy's career. If he brings down Urban Meyer, that will always be associated with him. And I think he'd love that.

Urban will be back. After Tressel, I gotta think Ohio State knows how to cover everyone's *** in this scenario. Someone might have to fall on the L or two - like his wife or maybe even Gene Smith - for Urban to live, but I gotta think there isn't a direct link to Urban with this story, or if there is, he adequately passed the buck. Big time college football, especially at these monster powerhouse Universities, are getting better at covering **** up.

With that said...

I still think there is a chance with Battle. Door is cracked open. Just gotta hope we can recruit the **** out of him and convince him to stay at a safer spot at home.

Hard to cover things up when all of the details are out in the public.....so far.

I don’t know how many more details you need? This incident was from 2009, and he rehired him and kept him on the staph for 6 more years, through a few more run ins.

Attachments

• D3179B4C-9F02-4082-886D-93BDF6D6B1F8.jpeg
    D3179B4C-9F02-4082-886D-93BDF6D6B1F8.jpeg
    619.9 KB · Views: 84
Advertisement
Coaching football , beating his old ladies ***, sexting from the WH, banging in the team facilities and getting *** toys delivered there?

That guy earned his buckeye nut.

I agree with this.

This has no bearing (most likely) on the current investigation on Urban.

But from a public perception, you have to question the kind of characters that Urban has/had on staff. There was enabling Aaron Hernandez, now there's this.

What if the “football staffer “ he was bangin was Urban?

This could be a real life brokeback mountain, he just couldn’t quit Zach.

Last edited:
I really hope he's dropping these little tidbits and waiting to drop a bomb after OSU rules to keep Meyer

Advertisement
Thats why I think hes done the guy has way to much and hasnt showed his full hand, he must have like this vendetta against Urban. It seems personal or am I reaching?

Don’t think it started off as personal but once Liar attacked him and impugned his journalistic credibility at media day it became personal. Especially since McMurphy is still a little salty over his ESPN firing and needs to defend his rep.

I think this plays into the committee’s greatest fear of keeping Meyer and having other things come out after. The isolated incident of spousal assault is no longer the topic of conversation. One must think the committee is now in the business of protecting their own reputations going forward. The “we didn’t have that information at the time of our ruling” won’t play anymore. It’s going to become a **** show and everyone knows it. I’ve said a hundred times he stays. I’m changing my mind. He’s gone and everyone associated with him will be gone eventually too. The university’s reputation is bigger than Meyer and football. It’s no longer an option to keep him. Error on the side of caution, fire him.

They arbitrarily decided 2 weeks was a long enough investigation. Only people who already know the findings decide on the length of investigation before it starts. The problem for them is that if more comes out, people might wonder why they stopped at 2 weeks as opposed to going util they had all the info.

I still think he stays. These people might want to protect themselves, but without some type of smoking gun there will be tremendous pressure to keep urb, and so far there isn't much to put on him. He can still say he didn't know about almost all of this.

Advertisement
I don’t know how many more details you need? This incident was from 2009, and he rehired him and kept him on the staph for 6 more years, through a few more run ins.

My goodness.. dude tried to bring home another chick while his wife was preggo?? How TF did she stay so long??

It seems like they are trying to really dirty this guy up and them will claim 'the problem' is gone when they officially fire him, excusing the fact that meyer probably knew. OSU isn't letting Meyer go.

I dont know how any parents would send their kid to him. This guy is scum. From letting players play ganagsta and then faking a heart attack when it got too tough, letting coaches run around like teenagers and claiming to be unaware of close to a decade of abuse, former players coming out and said his methods were abusive, his protege (who uses the same methods) literally running a player into his grave, I don't know who would send their son to this guy. I'm not even saying this for a recruit I just mean what parent, after hearing all this, thinks he has the best interest of any kid in mind. It's all cool if your son is Tim tebow, percy Harvin, or Ezekiel Elliott but God forbid your kid ends up going thru a tough time in college (like most do). Meyer wouldn't give a **** if they aren't Heisman worthy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
CAN u summarize the latest bit from ivins

"we have heard that the communication between Miami and Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas Top100 safety Jordan Battle has only continued to pick up as the Urban Meyer investigation plays out at Ohio State. We caution however that we don't expect Battle to take visits elsewhere unless Meyer is out in Columbus. "

wtf???

does Jordan Battle not have parents? I'm not even saying he needs to go to Miami but how could you entrust your kid to Urban and these weirdos?

because his nfl probability at OSU is high?. No reason other than that really. They have just trotted out nfl 1st round dbs over and over no matter how bad those guys were. I think we should do what we are currently ...keep recruiting him and his parents and win during the season

"we have heard that the communication between Miami and Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas Top100 safety Jordan Battle has only continued to pick up as the Urban Meyer investigation plays out at Ohio State. We caution however that we don't expect Battle to take visits elsewhere unless Meyer is out in Columbus. "
I'll keep saying this if Meyer stays i don't see how when it comes down to it at the end do you really oull the trigger and go? You can't be that stupid and if you are you're just selling your soul

Advertisement
Back