#BarryJackson

Sulcanes01

Redshirt Freshman
IMG_0374.jpg
LOL really rooting for Joe to make it in the league. #BarryJackson too good

Advertisement
He was really getting frozen out at the end of last year. It seemed pretty clear Richt was giving him the sign that it was time to go. Best of luck to him, and hopefully he makes a team.

Advertisement
Joseph Yearby is talented enough to make a team.... Somebody said if Mike James can make the NFL so can Joe Yearby, no knock on Mike James as a rb, but I agree bc Joe Yearby is way more talented with the ball in his hands than Mike James.

Barry Jackson is a becoming a tool, but one thing is he right that yearby should have stayed. It is what it is though

Joseph Yearby is talented enough to make a team.... Somebody said if Mike James can make the NFL so can Joe Yearby, no knock on Mike James as a rb, but I agree bc Joe Yearby is way more talented with the ball in his hands than Mike James.

he's not big or fast enough, and you have to have one or the other. You can't be small with average speed. Look at Duke Johnson... He's not even playing RB after shattering all our records at the position, running a 4.5, and being infinitely better than Joe. There's life after football.

Don't think Richt would have had a choice but to run JY as 2nd team , doghouse or not ,cause it seems Homer might not be what everyone thought he was or as of yet hasn't shown it...I know sitting at 3rd team is tough but the real world and the NFL are a lot tougher...

had he gotten carries or not,and I think he'd have gotten a lot of run,that degree from the U of M is VERY valuable especially to a young man that has marginal skills when it comes to the league and has two Little mouths to feed.

I think,and it's my opinion only,that the kid should have stayed and done what was necessary to get out of the doghouse,if that is true,and get back on the field.He would have gotten plenty of run and would have been one play at any time away from being the starter.

Just another example of kids leaving early thinking the pro league is just taking everyone and handing out money to everyone no matter their talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I'd take Mike James any day over Yearby.
He ran a 4.53 at 223 pounds and had 22 career TDs at Miami.

Barry Jackson is a becoming a tool, but one thing is he right that yearby should have stayed. It is what it is though
You would know what that transformation is like...

Don't think Richt would have had a choice but to run JY as 2nd team , doghouse or not ,cause it seems Homer might not be what everyone thought he was or as of yet hasn't shown it...I know sitting at 3rd team is tough but the real world and the NFL are a lot tougher...

had he gotten carries or not,and I think he'd have gotten a lot of run,that degree from the U of M is VERY valuable especially to a young man that has marginal skills when it comes to the league and has two Little mouths to feed.

I think,and it's my opinion only,that the kid should have stayed and done what was necessary to get out of the doghouse,if that is true,and get back on the field.He would have gotten plenty of run and would have been one play at any time away from being the starter.

Just another example of kids leaving early thinking the pro league is just taking everyone and handing out money to everyone no matter their talent.

That's how I see it too, last season was last season, and with Gus gone, I find it hard to believe Richt wouldn't have strongly preferred Yearby to all other alternatives after Walton. Still believe Homer will be great...but one more year would have just benefitted all parties.

Advertisement
Why should have yearby stayed? Football wise it wasnt going to boost his stock. Only thing is he could have finished school but he still can do that.

I'd take Mike James any day over Yearby.
He ran a 4.53 at 223 pounds and had 22 career TDs at Miami.

Mike James could pick up 3rd and short. That's something we haven't had in years. People love to blame Kaaya for our 3rd down woes but good teams can pick up 3rd and 1 (or God forbid 2!) on the ground.

Advertisement
Back