Barry Jackson's Wednesday Buzz- new S&C at UM

Advertisement
Under Golden Showers, Alexa Gal was the athletic type the coaches were looking for.

Couldn't the outscoring in the 4th also have something to do with the crappy prevent D' No would have us in? I don't think the fact 2 players could not finish a work out is a big indictment on our prior strength and conditioning.

FWIW I herd WQAM say that NFL scouts claim Georgia's athletes were some of the worst conditioned in the country. Putting them slightly above *** and his UFAT program.

That's funny though, their head guy was bamas s/c coach Cochran main assistant when he was at bama for a number of years Mark hoake

No it's not funny.

yeah i heard that on big o show. don't know if it's true bc supposedly mark richt promoted the guy from being a video coordinator.

Maybe they puked carrying all the pillars of strength out of Swasey's office.
Or maybe, they puked doing a muscle milk challenge....

Advertisement
Georgia was 5-3 in the SEC. They beat Vanderbilt, USCe, Missouri, Kentucky, and Auburn. Even Al would have been expected to win those games.

They got blown out by Florida and Alabama and played Tennessee close.

Nothing to brag about there and that's why he was fired.

But if he can bring his Georgia pipeline to our South Florida pipeline, we might be on to something great.

that's last year. why are we not looking at the entirety of his career?

Oh.....the same UGA that lost to the "Al Golden Equivalent" coached Tennessee and offensively challenged UF?

Not!

Any team with a slight pulse was capable of beating UGA on any given Saturday! That is why we have Mark Richt now.

Al Golden like Tennessee? You mean the Tennessee that had 9 wins playing in the SEC, took Bama to the wire, finished ranked, and blew out a ranked opponent in their bowl game? Didn't know Golden could do that. Also, UF's offense didn't struggle until the end of the game.

ALL that aside, this years UGA would beat ANY Miami team over the last ten years.

Kendallcane said it best:

"Georgia was 5-3 in the SEC. They beat Vanderbilt, USCe, Missouri, Kentucky, and Auburn. Even Al would have been expected to win those games.

Nothing to brag about there and that's why he was fired."

Once again, UGA was soft and poorly coached in 2015!

When Golden was here you guys predicted losses to teams like Florida Atlantic. Now he'd beat 5 SEC teams. (Even though he got beat by one of those teams in last year's bowl) Stay whining my friends.

5 Sh*tty SEC Teams!

Stop acting like the SEC is Dominant from Top to Bottom.

The SEC is nothing more than a Top Heavy Conference...Bama, UF and LSU. The rest are Wannabees!

I agree with the SEC being top-heavy but you can't sit there with a straight face and say that we would have beaten those 5 teams with Big Al of Big Al's Used Car Emporium running the show. Did you forget that USCe beat the skin off our asses just over a calendar year ago? Even with their year goin to ****, do you really think we would've beat Auburn this year? What do think Coach Kool's line at Mizzou would've done to Alex "You haven't transferred to UC yet?!?!" Gall and the rest of the Marshmallow Gang? Maybe, just maybe we beat UK or Vandy(not both) but after watching fu.ckin Cincinnati push our **** in I doubt if that woulda been possible. Again, you're right about the SEC but you're avoiding the fact that most of those wannabees would've outcoached us and kicked our asses up and down the field.

Advertisement
Oh.....the same UGA that lost to the "Al Golden Equivalent" coached Tennessee and offensively challenged UF?

Not!

Any team with a slight pulse was capable of beating UGA on any given Saturday! That is why we have Mark Richt now.

Al Golden like Tennessee? You mean the Tennessee that had 9 wins playing in the SEC, took Bama to the wire, finished ranked, and blew out a ranked opponent in their bowl game? Didn't know Golden could do that. Also, UF's offense didn't struggle until the end of the game.

ALL that aside, this years UGA would beat ANY Miami team over the last ten years.

Kendallcane said it best:

"Georgia was 5-3 in the SEC. They beat Vanderbilt, USCe, Missouri, Kentucky, and Auburn. Even Al would have been expected to win those games.

Nothing to brag about there and that's why he was fired."

Once again, UGA was soft and poorly coached in 2015!

When Golden was here you guys predicted losses to teams like Florida Atlantic. Now he'd beat 5 SEC teams. (Even though he got beat by one of those teams in last year's bowl) Stay whining my friends.

5 Sh*tty SEC Teams!

Stop acting like the SEC is Dominant from Top to Bottom.

The SEC is nothing more than a Top Heavy Conference...Bama, UF and LSU. The rest are Wannabees!

9-2 in bowl games this year with a national title.

Go get an SEC tattoo or something. You can talk up the SEC all you want and their bowl record, but I am referring to Richt's SEC schedule. He didn't beat any SEC teams with a winning conference record and Auburn was the only SEC team he beat that finished above .500 overall.

These were his wins:

USCe - 3-9 - didn't make it to a bowl game
Missouri - 5-7 - didn't make it to a bowl game
Vanderbilt - 4-8 - didn't make it to a bowl game
Kentucky - 5-7 - didn't make it to a bowl game
Auburn - 7-6 - Beat 3rd place American Athletic Conference West team Memphis in a bowl game

3 wins against high school teams: Southern, Ga. Southern, ULM

Ga Tech was 3-9 and Penn St. was 7-6

He gets his ten wins which would be a nice change for us, but he only had one team that would be considered elite in 15 years. That is why I can't get too hyped until September comes.

Last edited:
Or our failure to convert 3rd downs all game long. I'm honestly surprised the 4th quarter scoring was as close as it was, as bad as we were.
Couldn't the outscoring in the 4th also have something to do with the crappy prevent D' No would have us in? I don't think the fact 2 players could not finish a work out is a big indictment on our prior strength and conditioning.

Advertisement
Go get an SEC tattoo or something. You can talk up the SEC all you want and their bowl record, but I am referring to Richt's SEC schedule. He didn't beat any SEC teams with a winning conference record and Auburn was the only SEC team he beat that finished above .500 overall.

These were his wins:

Auburn - 7-6 - Beat 3rd place American Athletic Conference West team Memphis in a bowl game

He gets his ten wins which would be a nice change for us, but he only had one team that would be considered elite in 15 years. That is why I can't get too hyped until September comes.

We'll see how he does come September. And I understand that there is a crowd that can't get over Davis was not offered the job. All of Mizzou's 7 losses were in conference. So were Auburn's. 6 of 7 of Kentucky's losses were in conference. South Carolina beat North Carolina and lost to Clemson by 5 points. It's a terrific conference.

By no means was this a very good Georgia. Their quarterback situation was awful. Lambert wasn't very good at Virginia and Bauta was awful. Chubb was probably top 5 before he got hurt. So Richt turned around and got a commitment from Tony Eason's kid.

These were his wins:

Agreed!

These were his wins:

We'll see how he does come September. And I understand that there is a crowd that can't get over Davis was not offered the job. All of Mizzou's 7 losses were in conference. So were Auburn's. 6 of 7 of Kentucky's losses were in conference. South Carolina beat North Carolina and lost to Clemson by 5 points. It's a terrific conference.

By no means was this a very good Georgia. Their quarterback situation was awful. Lambert wasn't very good at Virginia and Bauta was awful. Chubb was probably top 5 before he got hurt. So Richt turned around and got a commitment from Tony Eason's kid.

Mark Richt getting fired is the best thing that could happen for Eason.

Advertisement

These were his wins:

Have you ever asked yourself: Why was Georgia's qb situation so awful? Two Words: Mark Richt.

These were his wins:

Have you ever asked yourself: Why was Georgia's qb situation so awful? Two Words: Mark Richt.

Yes, one bad year. And he was bringing in Eason's kid who is a stud. Let's see Dave Greene, DJ Shockley, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Murray. That's a pretty good run.

These were his wins:

Dont worry..dude majority of our fans on this board are ready to suck off any thing.."sec"...more so than their own team..since most came on when we were the big dawg...their just going along with the hype now as well....

THE SEC EAST is/was bad yearly.....The sec is like most other conferendces top heavy with two legit teas, a contender...the rest are in a glob with every conference.....

just cause espn promotes it doesnt mean a **** thing...i honestly think our team would be just what we were in the acc over there....an we havent been sh*t in awhile...
I watched alot of the games...not high lights...and not much in the conference impressed me.

Why do some of y'all feel the need to bash the SEC?

Is it just to balance the scales of what you consider to be a "pro-SEC" sentiment?

The debate is trivial, IMO.

Th best SEC programs are better than the top programs in other conferences. The mid-level SEC teams are better than the mid-level teams from other confences. And their bottom schools are better than other bottom schools. The majority of their programs just care more about football ... It's a fact.

We hired a coach that hovered between top level and mid-level in the SEC. At minimum, that means we should be above the other mid-level programs. The question is, will he be able to get us over the hump with easier access to better players?

As for the S&C report ... It's normal off-season nonsense. Everyone has always claimed to be getting bigger, stronger, and faster during the off-season. Even Chick use to speak positively about the S&C program ... And now we know his true feelings.

As has been mentioned ... We'll find out how good Felder is on Saturday next Fall. In particular, in the games against Notre Dame and FSU ...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back