Barry Jackson says what everyone has been thinking

Advertisement
Just an FYI. Click on Barry's twitter and when his account pops up, click on the article. This will bypass the subscription requirement.

Pulled no punches on that one.

Unless Enos runs Locksleys playbook from Bama, he is incapable of running a spread.

If Manny retains him his best bet would be to focus on tempo. We need to ditch the huddle and get that ball hiked with 20 on the play clock.

It's pretty ******* sad that people around the program talk of a modern offense the same way that crusading knights would talk of the holy grail.

Shows you the how woefully mismanaged the program has been.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami should have gone spread 10 YEARS ago

Why we kept hiring these same coaches who think they know better is ridiculous

***** being a glorified NFL minor league team

Put your players in positions to succeed and win some **** football games

BARRY ****** JACKSON.

Holy **** he ******* nailed it, thank god. Somehow hopes this spreads around Hecht and gets to Manny.

Manny ****ed himself with Enos. Either fire him and hire a spread/air raid guy (like we all wanted) or force Enos to change

Myself like many others have said this since the beginning. This is the exact kind of dog$hit ancient offense Diaz wants to run here! It’s not Enos is fault because he didn’t hire himself. Diaz is a ******* lying scumbag who lied to us fans and clearly lied to Blake James as well because he is running the same kind of ancient pro set offense richt ran! So basically this unqualified scumbag just trotted our the same richt offense with some more motion. Unbelievable, unfvcking believable!fvck this guy and anyone associated with him! It’s time for a full on onslaught on this university and athletic Dept! Even Barry has had enough!!! billboard time gents!

There's part of me that wonders if we don't have some old school trustees or executives in the hiring committee who are pushing for Pro Style.

There are a lot of old heads who think "Pro Style made Miami great.... Miami has always been known as a pro style team.... it worked when I played.... Miami should keep running the pro style."

I know Bernie Kosar has been involved in coaching search committees in the past, and I could definitely see him pushing for UM to remain pro style. Don't know if there are others.

There is ZERO reason Miami should be running the offensive system it runs. It's just stupid at this point.

Advertisement
Just an FYI. Click on Barry's twitter and when his account pops up, click on the article. This will bypass the subscription requirement.

Pulled no punches on that one.
Didn't work....Sitting there behind a paywall like the Miami Herald is publishing Pulitzer Prize winning articles....

Post Miami Herald.jpg

Advertisement
I can see Enos going to the NFL as a QB coach next year. That would give Manny o do over on the OC hire.

LSU tried to make Ensminger start running a spread vs his typical pro style and it didn’t work. Hired Brady to implement it and they’re unstoppable. If we’re gonna compare our loss to FIUto LSU losing to Troy we should compare their hires to ours and bypass letting the pro style guy run the spread and skip straight ahead to someone that specializes in it

Funny you should mention that model (experienced playcaller combined with innovative offensive co-coordinator). Could be emulated with Enos and Bedenbaugh.

Advertisement
Back