Barry Jackson--recruiting tips for Diaz

Bring back Barrow to coach LB/ST, hire T-Rob as DC, & bring Kevin Patrick back home as DLC.

can you learn about other of the hundreds of coaches around the country. miami coaches arent the only people that should be working here. its ******* exhausting hearing you morons over and over suggesting the same tired people.

Advertisement
We should 100% go get Devin Bush Sr.

**** I'd even be in favor of bringing back guys like Corey Bell or Wesley McGriff.

Also would replace Stubbs with DJ McCarthy to, but he's beloved on this board so you're not really allowed to speak on that, but I can tell you we're going to struggle landing South Fla WR's for the 2021/22 classes with him calling the shots as WR coach.

Get prepared for lots of OOS medium speed "route technicians" for the near future.
God I hate reading the truth

Crazy **** is I called this same thing when he was brought here but no one.listened. I'm glad someone with your pedigree sees it and says it....he's the Rumph on offense. Lol at route technicians lol

Miami with no speed is golden type ****......and people sunshine pump on here these ordinary *** players we will be recruiting if Stubb's and MR stay....skill positions slow at Miami is amazing to me and sickening

Because that would be more of the same incompetence. If #20 wants to coach, come to Miami as a GA or something like that work your way up and earn the position. I guess hiring him as DB coach would be a slight step up from hiring a former bartender though...

Ed Reed is a football genius.

If there ever was a guy who could jump straight onto a a coaching staff, he would be it.

Why not test him out as an analyst and practice assistant?

Maybe they don’t want a guy like him showing up the bartender. With Ed in the room breaking down tape, Banda might only be good for mixing a Coke and Hen.

2019 NFL Draft had one of the deepest WR groups of all time. 2020 class looks just as strong if not stronger.

WR skills training and development at the grassroots level is very strong and continuing to grow. There are plenty of talented WR recruits to find if you evaluate well enough. Miami is not going to suffer the way you think if they miss on local raw athletes. The talent pool is too deep. It would be nice to start landing the more polished guys like the Coopers, Jeudys and Dunmores though.
South Fla WR's are mischaracterized as "raw athletes" as to insinuate that they're just fast with no technical skill, but the NFL is loaded with them...

Tyreek Hill, TY Hilton, Amari Cooper, Marquise Brown, John Brown, Calvin Ridley, Sammy Watkins, Travis Benjamin, Allen Hurns, Phillip Dorsett, Johnny Holton, Deonte Thompson, Ricardo Louis & Isaiah McKenzie, and that's not including Tampa guys like Deon Cain & Ray Ray McCloud & unsigned out of work guys like Antonio Brown, Kamar Aiken & Eli Rogers who were all productive when they were in the league. Not to mention the next crop that will be heading into the league this upcoming draft spearheaded by Jeudy (who will be a first rounder).

I know there's a big push on the board for us to stop recruiting South Fla because the local guys are supposedly all undisciplined, overrated & stupid, but the reality is WR is an unquestioned position that the region produces literally every year. We can debate on positions like QB, OL, etc.., but WR, that debate is over with 3 decades worth of elite playmakers that have excelled & been highly productive in both college & the pro's.

I'm not saying we shouldn't recruit non South Fla WR's, whoever is good & wants to play here go get'em wherever they are, no problem with that. But if people think those types of guys we produce in our backyard can be replaced with a bunch of slower Enox/Stubbs prototype possession WR's then I simply hope people get comfortable with where we are now...

We need talent & neglecting local talent simply because we have coaches who don't know how to recruit them is what's commonly referred to as, hustling backwards.

Advertisement
This comes from a lack of understanding of the kids you're speaking about, I'm from there & understand the environment better than most on this board, whenever I speak on it I get shouted down by people who have on body armor protecting the staff, but the truth is they fumble over themselves trying to recruit locally because they seriously don't know wtf they're doing.

It's more than just bags, not saying that it's not a factor, but if you think all you need to do to get those type of kids yall like to stereotype in that way is just to throw cash at'em, you'd actually be surprised.

The highest ranked kids are the ones that get paid , the other ones are as equally up for grabs as anybody, it's more about the effort than anything.
Agreed. I dont' think it takes someone who is 100 in lock step with an inner city environment. It takes genuine nature, a visible and last work ethic, and being consistent and honest with kids and there families.

Advertisement
I also like this mentioned in the article--

St. Thomas Aquinas three-star offensive tackle Marlon Martinez said he committed to LSU early in the process because Miami hadn’t offered him; the Canes have tried recently to get him to be part of their 2020 class but without success.

And Hollywood McArthur three-star linebacker Ruben Hyppolite said he committed to Maryland earlier because Miami wasn’t seriously recruiting him; the Canes reportedly later offered him but then stopped contacting him.

And these clowns make more money than me. SMH

This is a bad hire; however, how are they friends? When did they work together?
Usually coaches hire friends. I think Diaz brought in his defensive staff those are his guys. The Dcord his guy.....Enos his guy played against him I'm sure they know each other. I'm not saying they have family Hangouts..,.....Rumph been begging to get fired but hasn't.

Not that changes don't need to be made but Bluestein just doesn't have it anymore. How do you say there is nobody who can go into inner city living rooms and then mention Pat Surtain 🤔?
Exactly Surtains ain't inner city at all. Most inner city blacks distrust non city blacks. They feel like they can't relate.

Advertisement
And these clowns make more money than me. SMH
They probably stopped because Ruben wants to be sucked off. So now he can go to Maryland and once Locksley is fired after next year we will see how many jump ship. UmD sucks and they had a bunch of juniors declare early... that should tell you

Advertisement
I'm not sure why anyone should be concerned about the lack of offers out there at certain positions.

Eventhough Richt slow played offers, trying to make the Miami offer mean something again, it was discussed by some how Manny had to review/approve every offer on the defensive side of the ball and liked to take his time to look at each separately....which caused many DB offers in particular to be late.

Eventhough the HC needs that level of involvement and control, he needs to act quicker. Yes take time to really evaluate some kids but we've seen him offer projects and kids with questionable testing times but not kids who are known to be ballers. Confusing.

Barry seemed to start off strong in the recruiting game, identifying certain "types" but has completely bombed since.....as has his unit. Recruiting on the defensive side has always been questionable at best....and that continues. LB decisions didn't make sense. The lack of DB recruits doesn't make sense. DE is the only position that makes sense.....and that coach has been a strength coach longer in his career than he has a Dline coach.

Banda and Patke have been literally given every opportunity to succeed and they've failed miserably; we're all very well aware of the offensive side of the ball, but these two imbeciles need to be shipped as far away from this program as humanly possible. Baker as well.

Personally I'd throw Rumph in there as well; **** I was done with him after the Stevenson fiasco because it's so abundantly clear this man couldn't sell a tractor to a farmer. Does he develop guys? Yeah I guess, but Bandy's drop off in performance coupled with Ivey's putrid play makes me question that aspect as well.

In college football your assistants need to be able to develop players AND RECRUIT THEM. We can't sacrifice one or the other, not to mention that most of this staff can't do either.

Advertisement
Back