Barry Jackson on U team at present

That's why I'm willing to take my lumps this year with one of the young guys. He's just not very good.

LMAO at people thinking by throwing Perry or Williams in there it will just be taking some "lumps". Did yall see the spring game? We will be 8-4 AT BEST with either of them. Not a knock on them, they just not ready for what we have going on.

Why the **** would we want to go from 10-3, ACC Coastal champs, BCS berth, national relevance AND recruiting momentum to 7-5/6-6 and being completely off the map again just to HOPE one of the young guns will develop and we will be good in 2-3 years. Thats loser logic.

Look at Brad Kaaya. Jacory Harris. Matt Barkley. All 3 started as TrFr and all never took their teams to the promised land. There are no guarantees when you throw a young QB out there and hope he develops on the fly. If anything, you might kill him mentally and then we are starting from scratch but wasted 2-3 years

No thanks. Ill take my chances with Rosier that he will get better this summer and over the Fall and until he proves me otherwise I want him under center against LSU, FSU, etc.

Advertisement
the same that he was key in the 10 wins he was also key in some of our loses last year, and also was key for some of our close wins that shouldn't have been close wins, yes he helped us but dam his failures cost us games that ultimately cost us the end of the season

Again, I am not caping for Rosier. But I **** sure don't want Perry or Williams out there either from what I have seen AND the coaches agree with me because Rosier is still the starter.

We must have a lot of 76ers fans on this board. That "Trust the Process/Lets tank a season or 2 in hopes that the young kids turn out to be great" mentality.

Until he didn’t - don’t rewrite history, it makes you look stupid. Dorsey started exactly when he should have, and not a moment sooner. Had he been pushed out before he was ready, it may have ruined him, and there would have never been the Dorsey we know.

So I don’t even get your post.

Just a really dumb post.
Just saying, Dorsey was tearing Greentree up and could have started day one. Instead we went the so called safe route with Kelly, and his inaccuracy cost us. Also, I don’t believe for a second it would have messed him up. If anything he would have had more confidence going into Washington in early 2000. So yeah, I can see how you wouldn’t get my post.

Does Searles really get none of the blame for our OL being *** every year? We have some talent there, he should be able to mold it into something serviceable.

For some god forsaken reason, yes. He gets a pass.

Richt whose coached Heisman trophy winners doesn't get a pass but Stacy stankin Searels bum *** does.

It makes me sick. Worst staph member we have.

If Jahair Jones can actually be a serviceable G (like Ben Jones his 5th year), I'll feel pretty good about the OL. I mean Barry can trash Mahoney all he wants, but he did a decent job filling in last year, so if that's the weak spot it's not that bad. Plus Boulware or Gaynor are other options there. Hopefully one can step up if needed.

The biggest concern is depth at T. We have none, at least nobody ready. Donaldson and St Louis have to stay healthy

Advertisement
For some god forsaken reason, yes. He gets a pass.

Richt whose coached Heisman trophy winners doesn't get a pass but Stacy stankin Searels bum *** does.

It makes me sick. Worst staph member we have.

I don't get this take. OL is a tough position to recruit for us given the lack of S FL talent.

Searles has recruited well the past 2 years. And OL play improved significantly from 2016 to 2017. Maybe let's see how the OL plays in 2018 before being sickened by him.

LMAO at people thinking by throwing Perry or Williams in there it will just be taking some "lumps". Did yall see the spring game? We will be 8-4 AT BEST with either of them. Not a knock on them, they just not ready for what we have going on.

Why the **** would we want to go from 10-3, ACC Coastal champs, BCS berth, national relevance AND recruiting momentum to 7-5/6-6 and being completely off the map again just to HOPE one of the young guns will develop and we will be good in 2-3 years. Thats loser logic.

Look at Brad Kaaya. Jacory Harris. Matt Barkley. All 3 started as TrFr and all never took their teams to the promised land. There are no guarantees when you throw a young QB out there and hope he develops on the fly. If anything, you might kill him mentally and then we are starting from scratch but wasted 2-3 years

No thanks. Ill take my chances with Rosier that he will get better this summer and over the Fall and until he proves me otherwise I want him under center against LSU, FSU, etc.

We'd be 8-4 with Rosier too. bye

It wouldn't be the first time the light came on for a guy late in his career.

Also, national title aspirations? May want to pump the brakes on that.

That particular light isn't going to come on bright enough to get us where we want to go which is an ACC championship and a berth in the Playoffs; just my opinion at the moment.

And yes I would assume that the team is aspiring to win the national championship this year. They won't be able to do that trotting out these two at OG in their current form.

Advertisement
Again, I am not caping for Rosier. But I **** sure don't want Perry or Williams out there either from what I have seen AND the coaches agree with me because Rosier is still the starter.

We must have a lot of 76ers fans on this board. That "Trust the Process/Lets tank a season or 2 in hopes that the young kids turn out to be great" mentality.

So if we start perry or williams over him we are tanking the season? Thats a little extreme, Our schedule isn’t harsh

So if we start perry or williams over him we are tanking the season? Thats a little extreme, Our schedule isn’t harsh

From what I saw from Perry..if he doesn't work on his game and keeps playing sandlot ball like he is Johnny Manziel and we throw him out there..I take that as we have decided to tank the season.

Williams could probably learn on the fly. But again, what are you saying to your upperclassmen who want to go for it all? This reminds me of the "Kaaya over Ryan Williams" decision that ultimately led to Golden losing that team before the season even started (especially the upperclassmen). We have come too far to let that happen again.

He could have Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin (the original) and it wouldn't matter. His skill set is limited, and that isn't going to improve.

i'm not so sure you had to highlight which irvin here

I don't think people were wondering

Advertisement
From what I saw from Perry..if he doesn't work on his game and keeps playing sandlot ball like he is Johnny Manziel and we throw him out there..I take that as we have decided to tank the season.

Williams could probably learn on the fly. But again, what are you saying to your upperclassmen who want to go for it all? This reminds me of the "Kaaya over Ryan Williams" decision that ultimately led to Golden losing that team before the season even started (especially the upperclassmen). We have come too far to let that happen again.
So you're saying that even if Jarren proves he's the best QB come the Fall, that Richt should start Rosier to avoid upsetting our upperclassmen? I think that's precisely the scenario that concerns many of us. You have to start the best guy. Period.

Love how people use example of true freshman qb kaaya with that awful defense in 2014.... but fail to mention true freshman success stories like Jalen hurts or Jake frohmm. And FYI we didn’t go 6-7 because of kaaya that was because of Golden’s ****** coaching and that sorry *** defense...
Some of y’all so obsessed with fatasizing about the team underperforming every offseason that the sh*t is sickening. I’m convinced some of you will find a way to complain about anything even with the talent we just signed. Some ****head would make a comment and say “it’s not a top 5 class though” stfu with your ungrateful ***.

Bottom line this is the best position we have been in on both sides of the ball in addition to the coaching staff, facilities wise. All year multiple of you said before the season that we would do horrible but look how that turned out. Now sit back, Enjoy the ride and quit being a pessissmistic canes fan all the **** time. Sick of some of you mfs. Acting like Miami the only team that got things that need to be fixed, look around every team can improve period

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just saying, Dorsey was tearing Greentree up and could have started day one. Instead we went the so called safe route with Kelly, and his inaccuracy cost us. Also, I don’t believe for a second it would have messed him up. If anything he would have had more confidence going into Washington in early 2000. So yeah, I can see how you wouldn’t get my post.

LOL - “Dorsey was tearing Greentree up” says who? If he was, then Kelly was tearing it up even more.

In case you’ve forgotten, ole Butch’s seat was hotter than fire back then, he was starting the QB he thought was giving him the best chance to win.

Do you retards think coaches keep their best QB on the bench? NO! They start the guy they think gives them the best chance to win.

Don’t be a dope. Dorsey was a true freshmans and he wasn’t ready until late in the season. God, you’re just making history up now.

if we are relying on Jahair Jones......
Stop Hatin'!!! Season's not even here and you're already putting guys down that haven't even played.

From what the coaches have said is Jones has made improvement and looks solid.

How soon you forget that MJ was a sub par DB. People were saying he wasn't Miami material. Now he's our best CB.

Let's wait until Fall camp and a few games before we start losing faith in player's abilities.

So your main concern is losing the team? Who would you have started that uear kaaya or williams? Which gave you the best chance to win?

Which do you prefer:

1) inexperienced qb with a sky high ceiling, while also having a experienced capable backup with limited potential (definitely incapable of taking over a game)

OR

2) 3 inexperienced qbs vying to be starter, none of whom has started a college game

That's the scenario we'll be in 2019 if we start Rosier in 2018. IF the competition is basically tied at the end of camp, the smart move is going with the inexperienced qb with upside. If he flops, still have a chance to salvage the season and win division title with the less talented qb (which was his ceiling anyways even if he'd started the whole season)

Advertisement
Back