Barry Jackson on U team at present

Advertisement
This season is 100% on Richt as a play caller. He was vanilla alllllllll year. Minimal creativity and predictable. We have too many weapons to not be successful.

Advertisement
This season is 100% on Richt as a play caller. He was vanilla alllllllll year. Minimal creativity and predictable. We have too many weapons to not be successful.
I think this season will depend on the O Line play

Hard to be creative when you struggle doing the simple stuff. And richt definetly showed some wrinkles vs vt and nd.

Advertisement
Best shît i read. Don't want to see rosier at all but will take this for now.

but one UM source said N’Kosi Perry and Jarren Williams cannot be ruled out and that Rosier isn’t going to have a long leash during the season if he struggles.

This season is 100% on Richt as a Head Coach. We won't know who Richt is as a play caller until he has a QB that can effectively operate his playbook.

One UM official said Perry’s issue is that he looks to run at times when he should be looking to throw
The word on Williams is that his accuracy at times was the best of all the quarterbacks and he has a legitimate chance to challenge Perry for the backup job, with an outside chance to win the starting job. But if you give Williams the backup job, you risk losing Perry, who could become disillusioned.

What’s holding back Williams is knowledge of the offense. Though he’s a bright young man, it takes time to learn the playbook, checkdowns and have a grasp of college defenses.

This is all stuff I said in years prior. Perry has the Gabbert disease where he flees clean pockets and drops his eyes looking to play backyard football. He was never a great fit for a coach who likes structured offense.

That being said, Williams faces an uphill battle to learn the playbook in time so it makes sense for him to redshirt and enter 2019 as the prohibitive favorite to start. Again these are things I said last year and Jackson's sources are just confirming the obvious.

Lawrence Cager and Langham don’t consistently play to their size, which frustrates coaches.

This frustration falls on the coaches not the player. Cager is a big WR who plays small because he has a narrow, thin frame and unique agility for his size. Use him like you would a small WR and his size and separation skills will be an asset. Pigeonhole him into the 'X receiver to the boundary slant/fade contested catches' role and he will continue to disappoint.

Advertisement
I didn't want to start a thread simply just off a tweet. Therefore, I figured I would ask my question here, considering this thread is about the offense.

This is a cool short vid of Richards and Cager working out. Richards looks pretty healthy to me. Who is the third guy with Richards and Cager?

I didn't want to start a thread simply just off a tweet. Therefore, I figured I would ask my question here, considering this thread is about the offense.

This is a cool short vid of Richards and Cager working out. Richards looks pretty healthy to me. Who is the third guy with Richards and Cager?

Rashawn Scott dolphins receiver and former Miami hurricane

Advertisement
I swear Barry Jackson must be lurking here on CIS on the low. Some of the things he mentioned are frequent topics the more astute posters tend to agree with. To wit:

1. Rosier is likely to start against LSU.
2. Rosier will have a short leash.
3. The OLine is far from where it needs to be and a serious concern.
4. Jarren Williams is the most accurate (I'd say best) passer.
5. Starting Jarren ahead of N'Kosi may disillusion N'Kosi.
6. We need our frosh TE's here badly.

It's not always the case you have a journalist accurately diagnose the team's strengths and weaknesses. Good article.

Im not worrying about the Oline yet we have some pieces coming in that can change things for the better. like a grad transfer who has playing experience. Lets see what the summer holds. But i agree with we need to get some true tackles in.

Advertisement
Back