Barry Jackson on U team at present

Problem is, some of those close games we won can just as easily turn into losses this year. UNC and GT come to mind. Every team we face from this point on will try to make Rosier beat them, and I am not confident he can get as lucky next year as he did last year.
He’s a year more experienced with a much more talented team and other experienced players. Relax, this is the best position we have been in depth wise in over 10 years

Advertisement
Rosier's luck will run out, and we very well could be an 8-4 team with him starting. Lord knows we were almost that last year. Don't let the 10-0 start fool you. We didn't start 10-0 because of Rosier, but in spite of him.

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I'm not saying Rosier was an all conference QB but to say he had nothing to do with our 10-0 record is crazy.

This isn't a Brock Berlin situation from 2003 where Brock literally was the reason we didn't win or at least go to the MNC. We had 6 guys go in the first round that year. Would have been 7 if Antrel Rolle had come out.

There were a lot of holes on last years team and we found that out later in the year. Lets not lay all of our bones from last year on Rosiers table. I am not caping for him but you can rest assured that if Perry or Williams get thrown out there we are definitely going 8-4/7-5. At least with Rosier we will always have a chance in ****.

This season is 100% on Richt as a play caller. He was vanilla alllllllll year. Minimal creativity and predictable. We have too many weapons to not be successful.
sure we have weapons, but go back and watch Pittsburgh game.... playmakers running wide open all over the field and QB
had massive accuracy issues. prior year Kayya was bombs away and we put up 40+.
Richt can not make the throws only call the plays. execution is on players.
championships are won upfront, thats were we are weak in terms of overall depth and Strength.
we have not been dominant up front since Butch left.....

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I'm not saying Rosier was an all conference QB but to say he had nothing to do with our 10-0 record is crazy.

This isn't a Brock Berlin situation from 2003 where Brock literally was the reason we didn't win or at least go to the MNC. We had 6 guys go in the first round that year. Would have been 7 if Antrel Rolle had come out.

There were a lot of holes on last years team and we found that out later in the year. Lets not lay all of our bones from last year on Rosiers table. I am not caping for him but you can rest assured that if Perry or Williams get thrown out there we are definitely going 8-4/7-5. At least with Rosier we will always have a chance in ****.
I didn't say he had NOTHING to do with it, but he was not the main reason we were 10-0. He was the reason we had some close calls. He was the reason we lost to Pitt. He was a below average QB on a team that needs at the very least a QB that can keep the chains moving. His completion percentage was bad. His inability to scan the field and get the ball to the right players at the right time was evident.

I just can't believe a guy that gets the team a whopping 3.6 3rd down conversions a game is the answer. Let that number sink in. 3.6. That was good for 129th in the country.

Advertisement
He’s a year more experienced with a much more talented team and other experienced players. Relax, this is the best position we have been in depth wise in over 10 years
He could have Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin (the original) and it wouldn't matter. His skill set is limited, and that isn't going to improve.

Like we had to have a perfect game to beat #3 Notre Dame and top15 ranked va tech?....(mind you malik had 3 ints in that game). FSU game malik was 25% passing at half time and we gave up 2 late tds on defense.... none of those games had little margin of error and we definitely did not play a near perfect game to get any of those wins....
You are talking about last year. I’m talking about this year. I stand by my statement. Homers rarely want to recognize that our team may have weaknesses in various areas and rationalize with non related comments, as you have done above. I believe all of us want our team to be dominant and attain elite status. IMO we have areas in our team that are more serious than we had last year. 10-3 was a good year, but because of fatigue and depth issues we ran out of gas. This year may mirror last years performance.

I didn't say he had NOTHING to do with it, but he was not the main reason we were 10-0. He was the reason we had some close calls. He was the reason we lost to Pitt. He was a below average QB on a team that needs at the very least a QB that can keep the chains moving. His completion percentage was bad. His inability to scan the field and get the ball to the right players at the right time was evident.

I just can't believe a guy that gets the team a whopping 3.6 3rd down conversions a game is the answer. Let that number sink in. 3.6. That was good for 129th in the country.

That's why I'm willing to take my lumps this year with one of the young guys. He's just not very good.

Best shît i read. Don't want to see rosier at all but will take this for now.

but one UM source said N’Kosi Perry and Jarren Williams cannot be ruled out and that Rosier isn’t going to have a long leash during the season if he struggles.

A UM official also said; “He (Perry) hasn’t been quite as dynamic a playmaker as some expected.”

If you believed the comments by many on this message board during last year's season...Perry was a superstar who should have immediately supplanted Rosier as the starter. Flash forward to today and Perry is fighting just to be the back-up QB.

Is it possible that the coaches may in fact know just a little bit more than well meaning fans concerning who should start and who should sit ?

I don't stay awake at night wringing my hands as to who will be the starting QB at any point during next year's crusade. I believe when the time comes Coach Richt will make the right decision as to who will lead his team.

If you want to worry about something...worry about the offensive line in which the success of next season rests on their shoulders.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
That's why I'm willing to take my lumps this year with one of the young guys. He's just not very good.

People that say stupid shlt like this must never have played a sport or coached a sport.

You’re basically saying you’re willing to lose this year, when there is no guarantee at all of getting any wins for taking those losses this year.

Just dumb.

You always put the team and players out there that gives you the best chance of winning that game.

To do otherwise is to cheat the players, the coaches, and the fans. You play every game, and play players that give you the best chance to win.

Rosier's luck will run out, and we very well could be an 8-4 team with him starting. Lord knows we were almost that last year. Don't let the 10-0 start fool you. We didn't start 10-0 because of Rosier, but in spite of him.
So if you
He could have Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin (the original) and it wouldn't matter. His skill set is limited, and that isn't going to improve.
It’s limited but serviceable

People that say stupid shlt like this must never have played a sport or coached a sport.

You’re basically saying you’re willing to lose this year, when there is no guarantee at all of getting any wins for taking those losses this year.

Just dumb.

You always put the team and players out there that gives you the best chance of winning that game.

To do otherwise is to cheat the players, the coaches, and the fans. You play every game, and play players that give you the best chance to win.
Starting Rosier isn't a guarantee the season won't be ugly.

Highly discouraging regarding Scaife. I didn't think he'd be that far from serious playing time. Kai's development is also concerning. As bad as Darling & McDermott were, their inexperienced replacements & the positional shuffling (is St. Louis really a LT?) could make things considerably worse.

This will be the weak link once Jarren takes over. They'll struggle against the better DLs. That being said, there's some ridiculous talent on offense. We won't need a great OL to rack up to yards & points with an accurate QB.

Advertisement
You are talking about last year. I’m talking about this year. I stand by my statement. Homers rarely want to recognize that our team may have weaknesses in various areas and rationalize with non related comments, as you have done above. I believe all of us want our team to be dominant and attain elite status. IMO we have areas in our team that are more serious than we had last year. 10-3 was a good year, but because of fatigue and depth issues we ran out of gas. This year may mirror last years performance.
Every team has weaknesses period. Only game Miami should have lost was clemson. Wisconsin we was up 14-3 but due to Malik’s play the game took a turn, pitt game up 7-3 and just had a turnover near the 50 yardline and didn’t do anything with it. Due to Malik’s inaccuracies we lost that game as well. He just needs to be more consistent if he wants to play this year

Highly discouraging regarding Scaife. I didn't think he'd be that far from serious playing time. Kai's development is also concerning. As bad as Darling & McDermott were, their inexperienced replacements & the positional shuffling (is St. Louis really a LT?) could make things considerably worse.

This will be the weak link once Jarren takes over. They'll struggle against the better DLs. That being said, there's some ridiculous talent on offense. We won't need a great OL to rack up to yards & points with an accurate QB.
A QB that can make quick decisions and not be afraid to take a hit and deliver the ball will make an O-Line look better than a QB that can't and won't.

A UM official also said; “He (Perry) hasn’t been quite as dynamic a playmaker as some expected.”

If you believed the comments by many on this message board during last year's season...Perry was a superstar who should have immediately supplanted Rosier as the starter. Flash forward to today and Perry is fighting just to be the back-up QB.

Is it possible that the coaches may in fact know just a little bit more than well meaning fans concerning who should start and who should sit ?

I don't stay awake at night wringing my hands as to who will be the starting QB at any point during next year's crusade. I believe when the time comes Coach Richt will make the right decision as to who will lead his team.

If you want to worry about something...worry about the offensive line in which the success of next season rests on their shoulders.

Go Canes!

The o-line been *** for years. Need a qb that can hit simple throws and wide open guys.

Advertisement

Just dumb.

No the **** you say is dumb. Rosier is bad, and if given the chance I think they will be better than Rosier. We lost 3 games with him last year, and if he plays the entire season we'll lose at least that many. Yes, if we're going to lose 3 games, and we will with Rosier playing the whole season, I'd rather play the guys who will be here next year, they won't lose more than that. Rosier is gone and not a moment too soon.
Stop being so narrow minded and look at the big picture.

btw, I played sports, but I doubt you've played a minute of cricket.

No the **** you say is dumb. Rosier is bad, and if given the chance I think they will be better than Rosier. We lost 3 games with him last year, and if he plays the entire season we'll lose at least that many. Yes, if we're going to lose 3 games, and we will with Rosier playing the whole season, I'd rather play the guys who will be here next year, they won't lose more than that. Rosier is gone and not a moment too soon.
Stop being so narrow minded and look at the big picture.

btw, I played sports, but I doubt you've played a minute of cricket.

LOL the cricket player says it’s ok to lose games

I agree the talent level on offense this year will be miles ahead of last year. Didn't really have Richards most of the season last year and we were dependent on a couple of talented rookies learning the offense to help stretch the field. We had really no one behind Herndon, and lost Walton for most of the season.

This year our backfield will have plenty of talented and experienced depth, we have two freshmen TE that can probably contribute right away, and we get Richards back, hopefully healthy, and some fresh talent at wr w/ Hightower who looks ready to contribute right away.

Rosier is Rosier, but no doubt he will be better off with all these horses he will have at his disposal (if he is starter).

Advertisement
Back