Barry Jackson on U team at present

Don't jump ship yet. Last yr this time if anyone would have told this board we would have been undefeated and the #2 team in the country going into our last game you would have been banned and called an idiot.

We have work to do. But that article told some positive things. Our D will be elite if certain guys step up this summer and work hard to raise their level of play (Ford and the LB corp to a greater degree and JDean to a lesser degree) and we have skill players all over the field. Just need Rosier to work on his game as well this summer. Rosier being out there will get you an 8-4 season.

I'm optimistic due to our Defense that fact that we have guys that can make game changing plays at WR and RB and help is on the way at TE.

The OL has been an issue it seems for years. Just find 5 guys, keep them healthy and hope for the best. Clearly we need a grade of "A" in this next OL recruiting class.

fify

Advertisement
The o-line been *** for years. Need a qb that can hit simple throws and wide open guys.

There is no question that Rosier is streaky concerning accuracy and decision making. Some percentage of that will be corrected should the offensive line begin to perform at a higher level and Rosier further matures. Additionally, Rosier's contributions will grow with a the addition of a significant running game...again, see offensive line.

It's a false economy to believe that replacing Rosier with one of the youngsters will magically transform the offensive production. Without improvement; a new QB will line-up behind the same ineffectual offensive line and many of the same complaints about Rosier will soon be wrapped around the neck of the new starter.

Fixing the offensive line will make every QB on the current roster much, much better.

Did I mention that the offensive line may be a problem?

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I'm not saying Rosier was an all conference QB but to say he had nothing to do with our 10-0 record is crazy.

This isn't a Brock Berlin situation from 2003 where Brock literally was the reason we didn't win or at least go to the MNC. We had 6 guys go in the first round that year. Would have been 7 if Antrel Rolle had come out.

There were a lot of holes on last years team and we found that out later in the year. Lets not lay all of our bones from last year on Rosiers table. I am not caping for him but you can rest assured that if Perry or Williams get thrown out there we are definitely going 8-4/7-5. At least with Rosier we will always have a chance in ****.

the same that he was key in the 10 wins he was also key in some of our loses last year, and also was key for some of our close wins that shouldn't have been close wins, yes he helped us but dam his failures cost us games that ultimately cost us the end of the season

Y’all act like the oline was downright terrible in every game..... they wasn’t. In fact unc, pitt(we should have won this game period if malik hit his passes) clemson is the only games that they performed terrible in my opinion. They played good enough in Wisconsin game too. They blocked 3 of our 4 other toughest Opponnents well too including FSU, va tech and Notre Dame

There is no question that Rosier is streaky concerning accuracy and decision making. Some percentage of that will be corrected should the offensive line begin to perform at a higher level and Rosier further matures. Additionally, Rosier's contributions will grow with a the addition of a significant running game...again, see offensive line.

It's a false economy to believe that replacing Rosier with one of the youngsters will magically transform the offensive production. Without improvement; a new QB will line-up behind the same ineffectual offensive line and many of the same complaints about Rosier will soon be wrapped around the neck of the new starter.

Fixing the offensive line will make every QB on the current roster much, much better.

Did I mention that the offensive line may be a problem?
No rosier is just inaccurate. There was a ton of times last year when he had protection and missed wide open guys. Don't try to defend his sorry *** to me cause i aint trying to here that bullshît.

Advertisement
Y’all act like the oline was downright terrible in every game..... they wasn’t. In fact unc, pitt(we should have won this game period if malik hit his passes) clemson is the only games that they performed terrible in my opinion. They played good enough in Wisconsin game too. They blocked 3 of our 4 other toughest Opponnents well too including FSU, va tech and Notre Dame
They were bad in run blocking for most of the year but they were ok in pass protection.

No rosier is just inaccurate. There was a ton of times last year when he had protection and missed wide open guys. Don't try to defend his sorry *** to me cause i aint trying to here that bullshît.
They were bad in run blocking for most of the year but they were ok in pass protection.
in those games I listed Yeah but I thought their run blocking was above average. We struggled in the pitt, unc and clemson games running wise but did pretty well in the others

Advertisement
Our run blocking wasn't great last year but it got worse when teams figured out our QB couldn't hit basic passes and started stacking the box almost every play. I guarantee if Rosier plays like he did last year he will have a very short season.

I am not freaking out about the O line yet. We have a lot of you guys who have 4 more months to improve and get ready for the season.

Iirc we were in deeper **** last year at OL

This year we move st.louis back over to LT
Gauthier stays put
Donaldson kicks out to RT (not best case scenario bc we lose him at RG)
Boulware will occupy one other the guard spots

We essentially already have 4 returning starters w boulware as the 4th

Well, then I encourage you to set-up an appointment with Coach Richt and educate him what a terrible QB Rosier is and offer your solution as to who should replace him.

But, my problem with your etched in stone conclusions...you were adamant that N’Kosi Perry replace Rosier, yet, he wasn't able to do so all of last season and after a just concluded full Spring practice. As I earlier posted, a UM official said; “He hasn’t been quite as dynamic a playmaker as some expected.” Is it your view that is an endorsement for Perry to start?

So, now we have another young QB, Jarren Williams, who you have no worldly idea how he measures up to Rosier (nor do I), other than some random positive comments coming out of UM's football headquarters. He's never played a competitive down in a college football game. And he also did not beat out Rosier for the starting QB job during the Spring. Yet, apparently, you believe he should also surpass Rosier as QB. To be sure, it is my hope that Williams reignites the "Quarterback U" mantra, but I am not going to anoint him as a savior until I see real proof.

Like it or not, Rosier led the Canes to a 10 win season, ACC Coastal Championship and an Orange Bowl berth. Had he been working behind a strong offensive line and the rash of injuries to key players had nor occurred the Canes season could have been even more remarkable...WITH ROSIER AS THE QB!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Scaife doesn't look ready to me from a physical standpoint. I'm sure he'll get there but he needs to put on some weight.

There's a difference in size between Miami and teams from up north. I've theorized before that it's hard to keep weight on down here, especially in the summer months when you lose 10 lbs every time you take a ****. This is why our OL should pack up their things and move up north to Canada to train for the summer. I think we'd notice a difference in the size/girth of our OL if we get them away from South Florida during these vital months. Research has shown that we digest our food more slowly in hotter weather, which leaves us feeling fuller longer.

Does Searles really get none of the blame for our OL being *** every year? We have some talent there, he should be able to mold it into something serviceable.

People that say stupid shlt like this must never have played a sport or coached a sport.

You’re basically saying you’re willing to lose this year, when there is no guarantee at all of getting any wins for taking those losses this year.

Just dumb.

You always put the team and players out there that gives you the best chance of winning that game.

To do otherwise is to cheat the players, the coaches, and the fans. You play every game, and play players that give you the best chance to win.
I'll say this. We will be a better team at the end of the season if we start Williams over Rosier. With Rosier the team fizzled at the end. With a good QB the team will be better at the end than the beginning. Once we have a QB that can hit open receivers, and there will be plenty of them, this O will take off. I just don't see how starting a guy that struggles to do that gives us the best chance of winning.

Advertisement
Remember that time Kenny Kelly beat out Ken Dorsey?

Until he didn’t - don’t rewrite history, it makes you look stupid. Dorsey started exactly when he should have, and not a moment sooner. Had he been pushed out before he was ready, it may have ruined him, and there would have never been the Dorsey we know.

So I don’t even get your post.

Just a really dumb post.

Does Searles really get none of the blame for our OL being *** every year? We have some talent there, he should be able to mold it into something serviceable.

Last season improved from the 2016 ****show

We are imho better off right now than a year ago.

Include boulware and we have four returning starters.

Include boulware and we have four returning starters.

I like this rationale.

Boulware was a starter on a pretty decent Tennessee squad in 2016. The entire train derailed for that program in 2017 so it's hard to blame him for falling out of favor for whatever reason. Still, that leaves either Jones or Mahoney at the other guard position and that can't happen.

Advertisement
Back