Barry Jackson on U team at present

Advertisement
We need Neal and one other top-quality RT to commit. Can only improve by bringing in quality OLinemen

We need true offensive tackles and we need them ASAP. Give me a stud LT, put Neal at RT, slide Donaldson back to RG and this OL will destroy. That LT may already be on the rooster. Hillery, Scaife, Hebert or even Campbell could be that guy. Realistically however it's going to take at least until the 2019 season for one of the above mentioned players to develop into that.

I would be all for bringing in a Juco LT in August if one is available. Give me a grad transfer LT from a smaller program who wants the opportunity to measure himself against P5 competition. Give me anything that will bolster this OL for the 2018 season until our current players develop and reinforcements arrive in 2019.

My biggest concern for 2018 is wasting all of the skill position talent and offensive firepower because of a terrible OL. Malik Rosier assuming he starts is enough of a drag coefficient for this offense. Add a bad OL to that and what could be an offensive juggernaut turns into a slapstick 3 and out sideshow.

Advertisement
Back