Barry Jackson on the end of the Zo Saga

Advertisement
"Crackdown on misbehavior"

Sounds like these mfers are trying to run a kindergarten classroom
8195a9da7e71f4beee88c420cc511229.png

Flake and Mammy just want a simple "YES" man.

Outside the box is how we climbed to the top of college football. Schnelly brought NFL concepts, Jimmy waited until his second year to install his offense - and Dennis changed it up some more - and when the program tanked under the NCAA - Butch bent every rule possible to field the greatest college team of all time.

Out of the box meant others couldn't keep up.

But oh, **** no! Can't have any "Out of the Box" ideas.

Mammy wouldn't know a good idea if it bit him on his narrow *** - offense or defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sure he wanted the job anyway. Even the AD job would be a step down from what he's doing. I can imagine him being excited about something less than that. Either way he might only have to wait a year to be AD anyway. There really is no harm to this. He wasn't going to change anything this year. If it goes bad all the people involved will be gone and he can come be the AD if he wants.

- New Spread uptempo OC
- Crack Down on Behavior
- New Kicker
- New Transfer QB (tbd)

The ironic thing is if Hightower did come in those are basically the main changes we would have wanted him to make for next season anyways (maybe a few assistant changes & recruiting strategy revamp as well?) and everyone would be cheering. Not like the dude was gonna somehow change the entire culture overnight.

Fact is Manny & Blake have dug their own grave and are now on a 1 year clock. If they dont win 9-10+, coastal champs, acc champ game they are GONE. Highsmith can come in then without having Blake awkwardly over him. So frankly Im not even mad. Either win or bye bye.

I'm not sure he wanted the job anyway. Even the AD job would be a step down from what he's doing. I can imagine him being excited about something less than that. Either way he might only have to wait a year to be AD anyway. There really is no harm to this. He wasn't going to change anything this year. If it goes bad all the people involved will be gone and he can come be the AD if he wants.
For someone who might have not wanted the job anyway,Highsmith somehow kept trying to cut a deal with Blake.Maybe he just liked Blakes company.

Advertisement
For someone who might have not wanted the job anyway,Highsmith somehow kept trying to cut a deal with Blake.Maybe he just liked Blakes company.

Or maybe he didn't keep trying to cut a deal. Maybe the vision for the position as presented to him by the booster who was the driving force behind the potential move.....was something that piece of garbage James REFUSED to allow to happen. I'd be willing to bet what happened is simply this:

- Zo was sold on the concept of a position where he thought he could make a difference and eventually grow into something even bigger
- Blake immediately threw water on the idea and tried to turn the position into something much more neutered
- Zo told him to go **** his own face since he was more qualified than he was
- Blake goes lying to the media to attempt to sway the court of public opinion and get the fans from casting stones at him. Attempting to make it look like Zo shunned the program.

Predictable. Incompetent. Apathetic. The intersection of that tri-fecta is the mantra of the UM Athletic department over the last 2 decades.

17 years of minor changes that will bring the program back and always the same poor result. Unless the BOT or a major donor finally decides enough is enough and makes a change either with Zo or another high profile person taking charge this program will say the same.

I wish this were true but I'm not convinced that his job is on the line. Every Miami coach in recent history got at least 4 years. Who is going to fire him? Blake James? Nope. The BOT? Manny literally just told them to **** their own faces. He's not going anywhere.
I'm honestly starting to believe this. If his daddy has enough pull to nix Zo, no way in **** he gets fired 2 years into a 5 year deal. I just don't see it, especially with miamuh

Advertisement
- New Spread uptempo OC
- Crack Down on Behavior
- New Kicker
- New Transfer QB (tbd)

The ironic thing is if Hightower did come in those are basically the main changes we would have wanted him to make for next season anyways (maybe a few assistant changes & recruiting strategy revamp as well?) and everyone would be cheering. Not like the dude was gonna somehow change the entire culture overnight.

Fact is Manny & Blake have dug their own grave and are now on a 1 year clock. If they dont win 9-10+, coastal champs, acc champ game they are GONE. Highsmith can come in then without having Blake awkwardly over him. So frankly Im not even mad. Either win or bye bye.

No, they will move the goal posts .... as long as they win more than 6 games, look for them to hype it up with familiar excuses like, "young team, new offense, trending up etc...
ACC CG is not their goal for next year..

As a matter of fact, they're betting their jobs on it.
Why would u think anyone’s job is at stake? Diaz lost to FIU, Duke, and a school whose name I don’t remember. He still has a job.

Blake’s tenure has seen a decline in on field/court results across all
Sports, but he’s raises money, so he’s still here and it doesn’t look like enough in the admin care for change.

A guy jumped off a 13 story building.as he passed each floor people heard him say so far so good.unemployment line is in blake and Manny s future.but I still say this isn't over especially if the big donors want to bring Zo in.
I think it's done for now. I believe the donors said, "We'll do it your way, but if it doesn't work out you both are gone."

I think we're in a win-win situation. Either the ship gets righted with a 10+ win season or Blake and Manny get fired and Zo will be the next AD.

I'm saying 10 wins because the schedule is so soft, it would be 8 wins with a challenging schedule. I surely hope Manny doesn't get a pass with 8 wins. It's about how the product looks on the field. Manny spinning about how we should have won 3 more games because of kicking game. That's true, but what did the product look after each of the 3 bye weeks? What did the product look like the last three games of the season? This team finished worse than when it started. You can't blame that on kicking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back