Barry Jackson on the end of the Zo Saga

Advertisement
Lashlee has no clue that it's all on his shoulders now. They are literally betting it all on an OC hire. I hope the guy is the real deal - but I feel bad for the position he's been put in. Good luck Rhett - because there's only bad luck around you.

Lackluster to you and me means something different than it does the BOD. 8 wins next season will be a disaster based on the schedule. 8 wins next season will be an improvement to the admin.
I agree that 8 wins is unacceptable with such a soft schedule. I also agree that the administration will spin it as success. The truth is that if the team had played to its capability based on the roster talent, they should have won 10 games last year. For me, anything less than 10 wins next year is a failure. That's allowing for a 9-3 regular season and a bowl win or or 10-2 and a bowl loss. However, either a 9 or 10 win regular season would probably mean a Coastal title. That would put us in the ACC Championship game and another loss to Clemson. So, it could be a 9-4 or 10-3 season. Anything less than that is just mediocrity and not really improvement.

The bottom line is this: MIAMI MUST BEAT THE TEAMS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BEAT!!! That's not too much to ask for. The only games that should be in question next year are UNC, VT, and Michigan St. I'm not including FSU because we have them at home and they have lost a lot from their roster. Take care of FSU and the rest of the games we're supposed to win and that's 9-3. Win 1 of 3 vs UNC, VT, or Michigan St. and its a 10-2 regular season. We really should beat UNC at home which will probably decide the Coastal if we take care of business with everyone else except VT on the road. IMO, this is not a lot to ask for. It's what should be expected. Do this next year and we can think about winning the ACC in 2021 when Clemson is breaking in a new QB.

Advertisement
Back