Barry Jackson’s new article. Blake and Manure are definitely feeling the heat!

Advertisement
I remember when they hired Fenk, the second candidate had a strong military background Stravant( bad spelling)
hopefully new President will see thru Fake and will replace him as well
I hope so. Modern military flag officers and generals are 50/50. Either the best or political **** birds. This school needs a ruthless buyout guy from private equity.

It's not quite that simple. It's important to remember that most of the BOT doesn't care about sports at all. They see the AD as a fundraising position and view sports only as line items on financial statements. How much is he bringing in with donations, apparel deals, etc. compared to how much he is spending on running the sports programs. i.e. Does it makes sense to spend X dollars on a football HC when the program is generating x dollars in revenue? That's what they are concerned with. I don't know what the dollar expectations are for Blake James, but from what I've read, the BOT is pleased with his fundraising.

Agreed. The ACC model is based on getting as many teams to 6 wins as possible. That's how to maximize revenue in the ACC.

i found barry to be well aware of the issues related to the program (and frustrated) when i spoke to him last year to let him know we were flying a banner.

he wasnt familiar with CIS or WEZ prior to talking with him. Compare his tone of writing in prior years to this year and theres no doubt he is scrolling these boards now

This has to be the **** Truth, barry was always the best sports column to read but something definitely changed, its like he went from that:

To this:

worse than you said, we are.6-7

Worst than the record is who the loses came to and how we lost. It would be one thing to say we lost to teams that played out of their minds and had the game of their Lifetime, and than when you got a player, who is suppose to be "the leader of the team" saying "they were going thru the motions" if he's named the starter come next year, he's been mentally weak since he's gotten here, and coach diaz kept enabling him. It was comical seing flake james try and speak for everybody saying "this is not the year anybody expected" ROFL, he's a got damyum lie, and shows how foolish he is, last year this was a 7 & 6 team, but for some reason that moron thought coach diaz, 1st time being the top dog, was somehow going to be a better headcoach than coach richt, ROFL, flake james is a True clown, and since he was fido to troll shalala, he definitely doesnt know how to make decisions, the troll still has flakes balls locked away in her castration chamber, let the clowns clown!

Advertisement
How the **** do we end up with an AD that knows nothing about sports. He speaks the words, but does none of the actions required to make those words come true. The sooner he's gone the better.

Note I didn't say it would work - only that is what they are trying to do. They really have no idea how fed up the fan base is with the shenanigans.

That was sarcasm directed at them not you. They are very shortsighted and stupid if this is what they are thinking. Trying to give them a bit more credit. No one can be that dumb and be in the positions they are currently in. System can't be that rigged can it?

Advertisement
Worst than the record is who the loses came to and how we lost. It would be one thing to say we lost to teams that played out of their minds and had the game of their Lifetime, and than when you got a player, who is suppose to be "the leader of the team" saying "they were going thru the motions" if he's named the starter come next year, he's been mentally weak since he's gotten here, and coach diaz kept enabling him. It was comical seing flake james try and speak for everybody saying "this is not the year anybody expected" ROFL, he's a got damyum lie, and shows how foolish he is, last year this was a 7 & 6 team, but for some reason that moron thought coach diaz, 1st time being the top dog, was somehow going to be a better headcoach than coach richt, ROFL, flake james is a True clown, and since he was fido to troll shalala, he definitely doesnt know how to make decisions, the troll still has flakes balls locked away in her castration chamber, let the clowns clown!
I agree with you totally, this staff is not the right one. If they do good in 2020 I will be shocked and the first one to eat crow. We have 0 discipline on this time. They need to play football, I loved the turnover chain when we were winning but now it is embarrassing, especially the offense rings when you cannot get a third down or score a touchdown.

you are right on in your views

If James had any sense he would hired Highsmith....yes I support Highsmith, he has the high level experience. Then say to him, its your call on every staff including Diaz and every aspect of the football program's operation. Clean house if you want to. Force Diaz to restructure the staff under him if you need to. We need to replace either Rumph or Banda with Ed Reed for one. Banda most likely, he is a over hyped chump. That's the start and all the way down. Get rid if the hanger ons making money and not doing squat.

I agree with you totally, this staff is not the right one. If they do good in 2020 I will be shocked and the first one to eat crow. We have 0 discipline on this time. They need to play football, I loved the turnover chain when we were winning but now it is embarrassing, especially the offense rings when you cannot get a third down or score a touchdown.

you are right on in your views

Yeah man, when the turnover chain came out, it was good seeing the boyz have fun again, but at the same time, coach richt was in charge, he wasnt that comfortable with it, i wasnt either to be real cause i know how some people and parents really felt about it. But it looks stupid, we down 7 to 0 to Louisianna tech, frierson gets the pick and we pulling out the turnover chain like its about to ignite us. The best thing coach diaz can do is take the razor ramoan tatics away, and build this team from the ground up mentally. Alpha's attract more Alpha's, we havent had a headcoach with an alpha mentality since butch and coach richt, when shannon got the nod he tucked his **** away instead of being himself. As soon as coach richt took over, you can see the difference, yeah the last year for coach richt record wise wasnt up to his standard but that had more to do with the crybabies on the team having to be relied on but they wasnt reliable.

Now we got coach diaz, let's see em crash one of norvell's functions, at 6 & 7, he needs to get this team straight, he has the mental make up to do it, but he doesnt come off as a guy tbat can command a team or other coaches, if the only reason a headcoach gets respect is because he can fire you than he's not the right headman for the job. The Hurricanes can only become Great if we got an Alpha in charge, coaching diaz talking about "the UM standard" and this and that, man STFU and start learning what to do, nobody wants to hear your bullshat talking, win games!

How the **** do we end up with an AD that knows nothing about sports. He speaks the words, but does none of the actions required to make those words come true. The sooner he's gone the better.
he's exactly like CMD, very good sound bites, never , i mean never anything of substance

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's not quite that simple. It's important to remember that most of the BOT doesn't care about sports at all. They see the AD as a fundraising position and view sports only as line items on financial statements. How much is he bringing in with donations, apparel deals, etc. compared to how much he is spending on running the sports programs. i.e. Does it makes sense to spend X dollars on a football HC when the program is generating x dollars in revenue? That's what they are concerned with. I don't know what the dollar expectations are for Blake James, but from what I've read, the BOT is pleased with his fundraising.
I think we need massive changes at BOT level + new President who "gets" what football brings in well beyond contrast dollars
this will also making fund raising a lot more easy with winning athletic programs... BOT looks very clueless and program is crashing..... when do you think ACC will say " Miami your not pulling your weight" ??? then finances really get tough
might have to pull funds from Donna S vanity project U health

Advertisement
Back