Barry Jackson’s new article. Blake and Manure are definitely feeling the heat!

Only in communist left wing SJW universities that have never had to balance the budget, turn a profit or achieve anything off there merits. Only in that fantasy world of lazy bums with tenure does Blake James get to keep his job. The School systems in this country is just as manure as Manure Diaz himself!
Fact. My BIL is a department chair at Pitt. He has a worthless 30 year tenured employee he can't do anything with. He's tried everything in the management book and gets nothing but pushback from HR.

Advertisement
For the people reading this who work in the private sector:

Could you imagine having a direct report that will earn ~ $3 - 4 million a year and its your role to hire that person. Its without a doubt the highest paid of your direct reports. Then you go out and...

Interview ONE candidate with no experience in the role, close the interview process, make that person a full priced offer and then have to pay roughly one year's salary in cash to his current employer (where he's worked for only a matter of hours).

How the **** is Blake James still employed?
Its astounding.

Thats a great point. That said I don't even think it needs to be taken to the fiduciary level. Blake James's supervisor should be the one to let him go.

Agreed, but they don’t care. As long as they keep pocketing that ACC money it doesn’t matter. That’s the big difference.

What I find sad/hilarious is that Danny White has been kicking Blake’s *** in hirings. Frost and Heupel have been better hires than Richt and Manny. He also hired Dawkins for basketball and that program is trending up. And the other non revenue producing sports have done well under white. Blake programs seem stagnant.

Advertisement
What I find sad/hilarious is that Danny White has been kicking Blake’s *** in hirings. Frost and Heupel have been better hires than Richt and Manny. He also hired Dawkins for basketball and that program is trending up. And the other non revenue producing sports have done well under white. Blake programs seem stagnant.

Danny White? Is that the guy that makes less than $600K at UCF?

Is that the guy that hired Bobby Hurley at Buffalo?

Lol. I have used Blake’s system a few times. I will say a bunch of times that you wanted a chief of staff when I hired you. People will then think it was your idea and not that it is being imposed. It will work. Cool?

Advertisement
I'm not sure why hiring the OC is the current priority. If the AD is interested in hiring a chief of staff, hiring the OC prior to seems a bit assbackwards. The Chief of staff is another person to help evaluate and add to the candidate pool, using NFL connections. Given our questionable hiring practices, we could use another set of eyes.

For the people reading this who work in the private sector:

Could you imagine having a direct report that will earn ~ $3 - 4 million a year and its your role to hire that person. Its without a doubt the highest paid of your direct reports. Then you go out and...

Interview ONE candidate with no experience in the role, close the interview process, make that person a full priced offer and then have to pay roughly one year's salary in cash to his current employer (where he's worked for only a matter of hours).

How the **** is Blake James still employed?
The entire admin and bot is clueless about football.
The fact that they let that sht happen with no repercussions is mind boggling. I posted this but it bears repeating. I work in 100 bed ER and someone was fried cause 5k$ ultrasound machine went missing. 5 thousand dollars and that dude was out of a job the same day that sht ended up missing.
Could you imagine the amount of money the school is loosing on tickets that aren’t getting renewed and gear that isn’t getting bought and the buyouts That are coming? Yet nothing happens to Blake??!!!
The smallest athletic department in terms of a athlete numbers in the acc and the place where every athlete would want to be. But James manages to sht the bed and barely win anything in the field. Don’t even get me started on baseball.
Fck this whole admin man. We’ve been getting conned for 20 years now. Short money don’t get you sht. Schools that have never won anything at all are outspending us and have been outspending us for years now. The mystique of all those years and documentaries and hall of famers has worn off.
Note the admin: open up the check book or that ipf is going to rot.

I'm not sure why hiring the OC is the current priority. If the AD is interested in hiring a chief of staff, hiring the OC prior to seems a bit assbackwards. The Chief of staff is another person to help evaluate and add to the candidate pool, using NFL connections. Given our questionable hiring practices, we could use another set of eyes.
Yes, but if conversations with Zo have been in taking place maybe he has had some input. Especially candidates from the NFL.

We’ll see.

At this point, I can't tell if Barry Jackson is getting his article ideas from a UM source or whether UM is just doing whatever Barry Jackson says. He said Miami needs to go to a spread, Miami declares they're going to a spread. He said Miami needed to hire Highsmith as a Football AD, Miami leaks that they're talking to Highsmith about a football Chief of Staff role.

It appears that Miami's primary concern is public opinion.

I said it and said it.

That's why the banners flying at home games AND following to fly at away games worked so well, and once we lost to Clemson - that was the opening they were waiting for to fire Golden.

This crap starts again next season - the WEZ crew will start it up again - and they won't relent until a non-productive HC is fired.

UM does NOT do well with negative publicity. And yet the half-assed hiring moves they make - results in negative publicity.

Go figure.

Advertisement
Danny Fckng White!!!!!!
Amazing what having a whole family that actually works as AD’s does for you. Amazing when your aware of that your job actually is!!
Hey dumb ***!!! Your job is to win games and Make money doing it!!
Someone asked me hey how did UCf become so good ? I responded “google Danny White UCF”

Or it appears that Barry Jackson is writing about is pretty logical—and Miami is following suit.

Diaz hinted at "elements of a spread" when looking or a coordinator this time last year. He went with Enos, they went 6-7 and it's back to the drawing board—where he's ready to go with a different approach.

Florida State and Virginia Tech both just hired guys in Chief of Staff & Football Operations roles—so again, seems to be a trend in the sport that Miami is following suit on. Hardly earth shattering.

Nobody is "feeling the heat"—as James flat-out said Frenk supports him and Diaz currently has the support of James and the BoT.

Any notion that Miami isn't trying to right the ship is laughable. No one is content with 6-7.

UM has made a lot of bad decisions over the past 15 years, but outside of Shalala not giving a **** about football—everyone else associated with this program doesn't like losing.

No one cares about Frenk.

Blake serves as at will employee of BoT. So does Diaz.

I'm of the opinion that Jackson is being used as a way to quell the masses and try to lead folks into thinking that things are happening...that aren't.

Doesn’t really matter. Quiet things down now or excite folks - both irrelevant. All that maters is what our football record is in 2020 and if I were Blake I would do anything in my power to ensure it’s a good one.

Advertisement
Nice. From reading this article Manny needs a baby sitter. 😂😂😂. ***** that, hire highsmith to make all football decisions and put Manolito back to DC. And hire Cristobal to be the head coach. Then we are Gucci.

Advertisement
Back