Barry Jackson’s new article. Blake and Manure are definitely feeling the heat!

The threat of a billboard shakin things up! Imagine when that b**** gets lit on US1. Heads gonna roll!

Advertisement
Imagine you are blake James, a year ago.

You don’t expect richt is going to quit, so you arent prepared. Richt gets embarrassed in the bowl and quits. Manny took a different gig a few days earlier.

So what do you do? You just had a bad season, a real step back, recruiting is going badly. Mark Richt quits - walking away from millions. That essentially never happens. It contained a message ... and an opportunity.

Do you listen to the message, reflecting on why he quit? Ask what’s wrong, why the program went backwards, why it has stunk for 15+ years, why recruiting is going badly? Do you assess / reassess what ails the program and what it needs to do to get back to respectable? Do you consult with anyone? [nope]

Do you seize the opportunity, a buyout-free break to find a new leader cleanly? Do you assess candidates, do a real job spec, think about who will fit? [nope]

Do you even interview the guy you’re interested in, ask him for his situation assessment and plan to fix it? [nope]

You just rush to hire a guy who has never been a HC before, because ... something ... dad mayor miami childhood something.

I cannot fathom how James talked himself into that decision, that process, lack of process being all on him. I cannot understand what he thought he was getting by doing that, that way, on that time-frame.

But put that aside - I still cannot process how, on these facts, the BOT could have authorized the signing of the new contract, because I’m reasonably sure the AD doesn’t have discretionary signing authority over 10 million dollar contracts. What questions did they ask?

How Manny got hired is like some Robert Ludlum novel plot. Wtf happened here? Even if you think he was a credible candidate, there was no hiring process.

Asked if he’s feeling the fans’ wrath, James told WQAM: “Any time you have a season end that way, nobody is happy. When you under perform it is going to get people upset and they are going to want changes and we need to make changes. Obviously we made one on Friday [firing offensive coordinator Dan Enos] that was a big step in addressing our lack of offensive production, a clear issue for us.

“It’s understandable [fans] are going to point the finger at someone.obviously I am the head of the program and things start at the top. It is my responsibility to make sure I am giving Manny full support and resources. If you are going to point fingers and if it is at me, that is part of the job I signed up for.”

Asked by Hochman and Crowder if he’s on thin ice, James said: “That’s not for me to determine. That’s an evaluation for the President [Julio Frenk]. I have great support from him and the institution and our board. I will continue to do the best I can to put our institution in the best light and win as many games as possible.”Regarding those who want many dismissals, Diaz spoke of some fans’ “let’s clean house on everyone. I understand that approach. I don’t think it works if we are going to build a program that anyone who has passion for the University of Miami.....You can’t just be firing people. Finishing with three straight losses like we did is not OK. There are a lot of positives we can take out of what the team accomplished this year and we have addressed the biggest problem, which obviously was lack of offensive performance.

“The number one thing right now is to get the right offensive coordinator in here and get this offense being productive. When you look at the numbers where we were offensively and where we were defensively it is at two ends of the spectrum. Our defense is in the top 25 in every major category. Our offense is in the bottom third and in some cases bottom 10 in the country in terms of some statistical categories.”

He's the major source of our problems since he's been AD, we had issues before he was AD but since he was put into power our issues have been compounded, couple that with a school President The Funeral Home Director Julio Frenk who doesn't like or care about football & you got the recipe for longstanding continued ineptitude.

Mangina James runs the Fotball program, he hired Diaz, he calls the shots. The BOT doesn't really know or give a **** about football either so they just trust whatever bullshít he sells them so they don't have spend too much time working, because they hate doing that & as long as those ACC checks clear they don't see a problem.

James makes all decisions as it pertains to the Football program right now, that's why we're dead & have been, he's the problem.

The start of our revitalization begins with Frenk retiring & hopefully getting rid of James. Bringing in Highsmith as a Chief of Staff to basically oversee the Football program is another step in the right direction to ultimately lead to James getting the fck outta here.

Years have been dark here & it seems like no end in sight, but as crazy as it may sound the day James is gone will be our best opportunity to finally turn this thing around. As long as we don't hire another in house ****head to take over at AD, we might get back to being a competitive program, but then again that's wishful thinking lol

For the people reading this who work in the private sector:

Could you imagine having a direct report that will earn ~ $3 - 4 million a year and its your role to hire that person. Its without a doubt the highest paid of your direct reports. Then you go out and...

Interview ONE candidate with no experience in the role, close the interview process, make that person a full priced offer and then have to pay roughly one year's salary in cash to his current employer (where he's worked for only a matter of hours).

How the **** is Blake James still employed?

Best commentary on the failings of University administrations I've been around.

This interview is "red meat" to the fan base so we calm down a bit. He just doesn't want to have to face the consequences of his poor performance. So if he goes out and says some buzzwords maybe he won't get his *** kicked in on Twitter when he says "Happy Hanukkah"!

Advertisement
At this point, I can't tell if Barry Jackson is getting his article ideas from a UM source or whether UM is just doing whatever Barry Jackson says. He said Miami needs to go to a spread, Miami declares they're going to a spread. He said Miami needed to hire Highsmith as a Football AD, Miami leaks that they're talking to Highsmith about a football Chief of Staff role.

It appears that Miami's primary concern is public opinion.
Barry Jackson for AD?

Blake is gonna get zo in here to try and save his own ***.
Zo won’t be able to fire Blake but he can fire manny.
Blake getting Zo is deflecting the blame away from him. Until we start playing the same dirty game and spending the same money and getting freak athletes again we ain’t winning sht. Well just be another mid acc team looking at everyone else outspending and out recruiting us.
With our prior corches, the Canes were a mid-acc team. Manny's Canes are worse than a mid acc team now and are not even playing at the Power 5 level. What an accomplishment. Lost to FIU and got shut out by Louisiana Tech. How bad of a coach do you have to be to get shut out by Louisiana Tech? You can pull anybody out of their house in Hialeah and they would have done a better job coaching against Louisiana f'n Tech. Let's give him another year, his 5th with the program! Let's see what more he can do!

Advertisement
LMFAO let me get this straight, flake told zo he needs to interview more candidates and he will do it after he, an incompetent bungler with no football IQ hires an OC? LOL

For one thing that defeats the purpose of bringing in an expert like zo. What an idiot.

Also, I’m dying that the man who conducted a four hour national search for a HC now wants multiple interviews for the chief of staff role. This Zo idea must be getting forced on the losers manny and Blake and they are fighting it.

Reads to me as if he knows his job is tied to Manny.
Blake James should be fired for his Lazy search that resulted in CMD hire. Richt left us with a lot of cash we did not have to payout and we hire Temples 3or 4th choice. bad decisions, follow bad decisions...CMD's contract is way, way to rich for a HC with no experience.....

LMFAO let me get this straight, flake told zo he needs to interview more candidates and he will do it after he, an incompetent bungler with no football IQ hires an OC? LOL

For one thing that defeats the purpose of bringing in an expert like zo. What an idiot.

Also, I’m dying that the man who conducted a four hour national search for a HC now wants multiple interviews for the chief of staff role. This Zo idea must be getting forced on the losers manny and Blake and they are fighting it.
if the BOT had any stones, they would tell Fake James Highsmith will not report to you period..... you have done enough damage. Fake is going to talk to a lot of people, think how bad he got burned last time CMD

Advertisement
i found barry to be well aware of the issues related to the program (and frustrated) when i spoke to him last year to let him know we were flying a banner.

he wasnt familiar with CIS or WEZ prior to talking with him. Compare his tone of writing in prior years to this year and theres no doubt he is scrolling these boards now
Good. We are a think tank of sorts. That, or some sort of fringe, online insane asylum with the same orange and green dysfunction. Either way, we are a source of good material and brilliant ideas.

if the BOT had any stones, they would tell Fake James Highsmith will not report to you period..... you have done enough damage. Fake is going to talk to a lot of people, think how bad he got burned last time CMD
The problem is Fake James’ boss, Fink has no clue and is probably fired. He’s effectively got no boss and he’s running his fiefdom like the two-bit midget dictator he is.

The problem is Fake James’ boss, Fink has no clue and is probably fired. He’s effectively got no boss and he’s running his fiefdom like the two-bit midget dictator he is.
I remember when they hired Fenk, the second candidate had a strong military background Stravant( bad spelling)
hopefully new President will see thru Fake and will replace him as well

Advertisement
For the people reading this who work in the private sector:

Could you imagine having a direct report that will earn ~ $3 - 4 million a year and its your role to hire that person. Its without a doubt the highest paid of your direct reports. Then you go out and...

Interview ONE candidate with no experience in the role, close the interview process, make that person a full priced offer and then have to pay roughly one year's salary in cash to his current employer (where he's worked for only a matter of hours).

How the **** is Blake James still employed?

It's not quite that simple. It's important to remember that most of the BOT doesn't care about sports at all. They see the AD as a fundraising position and view sports only as line items on financial statements. How much is he bringing in with donations, apparel deals, etc. compared to how much he is spending on running the sports programs. i.e. Does it makes sense to spend X dollars on a football HC when the program is generating x dollars in revenue? That's what they are concerned with. I don't know what the dollar expectations are for Blake James, but from what I've read, the BOT is pleased with his fundraising.

Blake is feeling the heat..... he needs to get football guy in there to take over for him thus highsmith
starts at top.... on me....... but can'[t just be firing people...... translation: everything is ****ed up as **** and fans are mad but there is nothing that can be doen so please don't fire me.

At this point, I can't tell if Barry Jackson is getting his article ideas from a UM source or whether UM is just doing whatever Barry Jackson says. He said Miami needs to go to a spread, Miami declares they're going to a spread. He said Miami needed to hire Highsmith as a Football AD, Miami leaks that they're talking to Highsmith about a football Chief of Staff role.

It appears that Miami's primary concern is public opinion.

Of course man, in the early 2000's, the incompetent one a.k.a. uncle clappy a.k.a. skelator was using the nerd recruiting site star rankings as the guide for UM recruiting. So of course, fast foward to the end of the 2nd decade of UM football, and what do you know, the administration is now using barry jackson and the herald as their guide. The funny thing is, flakes james is bumping his gums as if this is the 1st time UM has looked pathetic while he's been the a.d., he's been apart of the constant fail of the UM football team. Oh yeah, and speaking of which, let's me not forget to bring this up when we talking about guide, has this **** flake james made any decisions, when butch davis dipped out, what did they do, "the players wanted uncle fester, so they thought that was the best choice". The players started off as their guide at the beginning on the new Century, end of the 2nd decade, now its the herald and barry "fed up" jackson. You know im starting to realize something, after the weatherman, being the a.d. at UM has to be in the running for the next best job, cause both positions can get **** wrong 85% percent of the time, and still keep their jobs as if nothing opposite of what they said hapoened is their fault. Those 2 jobs must grade performance using baseball metrics, i heard it said before, baseball is the only sport where you can do up to %30 of your job and be considered GREAT!

Advertisement
Back