Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

Advertisement
I woulda leaked it myself. Tired of seeing our QB throw away his career because he doesn’t understand the magnitude of his decisions.

He's sick " go through the motions" syndrome they have to crash like every addiction you can tell them all day long looking into empty eyes you have to let them crash for intervention but it's to late the NFL sees everything there fate is sealed already.

We gonna act like manny didn’t have cutouts leak that story about “party culture?” It is literally his talking point.
Manure would be more developmentally disabled than I thought he was if he’s behind this story. This is the type of juicy story, if it continues to spread and develop tentacles, that could get a 6-7 coach run for cause.

Advertisement
Manure would be more developmentally disabled than I thought he was if he’s behind this story. This is the type of juicy story, if it continues to spread and develop tentacles, that could get a 6-7 coach run for cause.
The only thing I disagree with is the implications that 1) Manny isn’t retarded and 2) may have the mental capacity to think about causal effects of his actions.

Weak coaches allow these things to happen. Being buddy buddy and friendly is more important to them.

Also nice hit job by the unnamed sources and former bum player. Put your name to it sucker so we can know u speaks facts.

This in no way makes me think more of the staff. It makes me think less.

Advertisement
Is Barry saying our QB room is full of burnouts?:

But conversations with multiple people around the program, including a veteran player, say there’s another issue, particularly in the quarterback room, that must be fixed. And UM is working to achieve that.

That player - and other sources around the team - say a few players seem more concerned with partying than focusing on football and that a handful (including a prominent one on offense) broke curfew the night before the FIU loss to go out.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article238723793.html#storylink=cpy

First, Manny needs to sack up. If this had taken place under the watch of many other coaches, these kids would have immediately been suspended and possibly dismissed after missing curfew before quite possibly the worst loss in UM history, depending on what their previous history had been.

Second, we need a grad transfer QB asap. Once we do, Jarren, Kosi and Tate can all walk. Leave me Matocha, TVD and a Senior transfer. I'm tired of hearing about the immaturity of the QB room and watching zero leadership on the field. Cut the cancer.

Last, set expectations. Don't do it with simple drug policy changes. Make it clear as the coach what will/will not be tolerated.....and follow through. Give the locker room a voice to hold each other accountable.....and follow it through. Be a **** coach and a leader, and in turn develop leaders on your team.

My sense is that "drug testing" is being used as a cure for poor discipline. Most kids today smoke weed, that is not the main issue. Not being prepared, focused, hungry etc. is the issue. And yes part of that is on the kids, but the larger part is the poor discipline. Having a stronger drug policy will not solve apathy.

I completely disagree with this statement. Most kids do not smoke weed.....not where i'm from. Do some? Absolutely. Most? Absolutely not.

Excessive use of weed can lead people to not being prepared or focus. That's how the drug operates. It's no different than alcohol, which many can use responsibly but those who drink daily have issues.

I completely disagree with this statement. Most kids do not smoke weed.....not where i'm from. Do some? Absolutely. Most? Absolutely not.

Excessive use of weed can lead people to not being prepared or focus. That's how the drug operates. It's no different than alcohol, which many can use responsibly but those who drink daily have issues.

Say this with respect but you must live on Mars. I think you’d be shocked at the percentage of kids who smoke weed. It’s everywhere and as commonplace as drinking for kids in their teens and 20s.

Advertisement
Say this with respect but you must live on Mars. I think you’d be shocked at the percentage of kids who smoke weed. It’s everywhere and as commonplace as drinking for kids in their teens and 20s.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am friends with many adults who smoke. I know the smell, the signs, how to get it, everything. And while i know many kids who do, it's not an overwhelming majority. Drinking is still easier and cheap.....and for those of legal age, won't get you fired or arrested unless you're driving under the influence.

Yeah, and he would likely get no payout.

Did we say "savage" or "sewage".

Can't remember.

It stinks either way.

Hmm.. I thought you guys hated how "Pastor Richt" disciplined too many guys and Manny was a "savage" for overlooking all this sh*t?

Advertisement
I don't see this as a juicy story. You all know **** well that this is the kind of culture problem that has been behind this team's mediocre results over the last 2 decades now. This is nothing new. This is the common thread behind every loss to a bad team, and every time Miami has come out looking lost and unmotivated after a bye week.

****, this kind of thing used to bite us in the a** even when we were good. The Sugar Bowl vs Alabama was a prime example of this, with our players and coaches partying hard in the French Quarter while the other team sequestered itself far away from that nonsense.

I graduated high school in 2005. If I think back to my graduating class, I cannot think of a single person that had not smoked weed. Regular users were much fewer. And, of course, there were people who had never tried it but I didn't know them.

I don't think football players should be getting high before games, but I'm willing to bet the vast majority of football players in college football smoke weed during the season.

Advertisement
Back