Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

No more 15 minutes viewing session for the media...Manny is about to pull everyone credentials, lol.

Advertisement
NCAA site says they have to advise the team medical staff before taking any banned substance prescription, its not an excuse after the fact.
Maybe so...but what if you have medical emergency and opioid pain killer is administered to treat severe pain. I once had morphine shots in ER. What if I had been college athlete? Would NCAA rule apply then?

If that was their thought then they are dumber than we thought. It reflects on them ultimately. No one told MD to play Jarren after skipping practice or other guys after they missed curfew. This is his culture and his mess. Like HOFer Jimmy Johnson said, players either did what he told them to do or what he allowed them to do. Manny is allowing this **** with his inaction.
And when Butch came back as head coach, he said, "No high maintenance kids..." and "It"s my way or the highway."

Advertisement
Yeah, go watch the ‘85 Sugar Bowl and the ‘93 Fiesta Bowl and tell me how those old school Canes handled their business after they spent all night partying before games. Hint: Not very well.
And the '87 NC Fiesta Bowl game versus PSU.

What kind of bytchmade teammate breaks curfew and smokes and drinks before games and quits the team a bunch of times? Some of you guys got your priorities all twisted up trying to protect the wrong guys.

Neither should be happening. If a player ran to the media, brother... There may be no end in sight for the phuckery. It’s still an indictment of Manny. All of it. Not replacing said player - even with a Frosh, and not disciplining the entire room.

Players seem to be aware that their teammates don't care. The players who are aware of this issue/the disease are as much to blame as those who just don't give a ****.

If Manny Diaz is going to fix the culture at Miami, then he needs to be willing to cut bait on these kids. If Manny isn't willing to sacrifice individuals for the greater good of the program, then he will ****-canned before the 2021 season.
Yea no matter how good you have to reset things and mean business.

Honestly Weed (especially high CBD) needs to be completely legalized and completely taken out of the rules regarding drugs and suspensions. Then actual drugs need to be punished harder imo.

There's miles of difference between Weed and Coke...and Coke would also be one of the more mild drugs they could possibly be getting their hands on....

Man all drugs should be legal, otherwise you get people doing crazy $h!t on K2, or OD'ing off of fentanyl or elephant tranquilizer.

Advertisement
Honestly Weed (especially high CBD) needs to be completely legalized and completely taken out of the rules regarding drugs and suspensions. Then actual drugs need to be punished harder imo.

There's miles of difference between Weed and Coke...and Coke would also be one of the more mild drugs they could possibly be getting their hands on....
What's "high CBD"?

Is that a special kind of CBD?

I ordered some other kinds of health related stuff and they threw in a package of five CBD gummy bears. Don't know whether to try it. I want to learn more about CBD.

I think RVACane knows a lot about CBD.

Advertisement
What's "high CBD"?

Is that a special kind of CBD?

I ordered some other kinds of health related stuff and they threw in a package of five CBD gummy bears. Don't know whether to try it. I want to learn more about CBD.

I think RVACane knows a lot about CBD.
CBD is one of the cannabinoids in weed. Two main ones are THC and CBD. The THC is what gets you "high". CBD has no psychoactive properties.

Very little research into it (both CBD and THC) since it's federally illegal and basically no one is allowed to test, even like the CDC. Pretty retarded.

CBD oil is clinically proven to help with seizures for certain types of epillepsy. One of the few things clinically proven regarding marijuana/hemp. But aside from that CBD can have the medicinal properties of relieving anxiety, headaches, inflammation, pain (I think this is more THC though, not totally sure), can help with sleep, and can help with stuff like depression. But it's really on a case by case basis (anecdotal due to lack of testing allowed) and it may or may not work/help you. Or it may just depend on what form you take (gummy, tinture, inffused), the dosage and your tolerance, or just if you have a quality brand (lot of trash probably). Personally I think if you have a dispensary, there is no reason not to ask and try it. **** pharmacies are allowed to sell CBD that comes from Hemp (low to no THC). And especially if you have gummies already there is no reason not to. Like all you're risking is feeling calmer and maybe less pain. I'd probably start with just taking 2 gummies. Next day if you felt good you can take same dose, if not up to 3 the following day and see how you feel. If even after that you don't feel **** maybe you try a different brand.

Anyways I think for CBD there are two main categories - Isolate which have NO THC (probably comes from Hemp which is a marijuana plant with little to no THC). Basically It's straight up CBD oil, (not sure if you'd be fine taking a drug test with this or not). Then there is Full Spectrum which basically contains all the cannabinioids in the plant. So you will get some THC which could make you feel a little bit of that high. But even then I think it's minimal THC, however I think this is supposed to be "better" for medicinal treatment (definitely would fail a drug test though).

And if you're looking for stuff basically I'd say that anything you'd buy at a normal store but labeled CBD is probably trash/fake. You'd definitely want to either hit up a dispensary or at least go to the pharmacy and see what they got. Real CBD stuff can be pretty expensive, and that's probably a good way of telling if it's legit or not. Those dog treats you buy for your dog labeled CBD are probably bs...

If you were in CA I could probably tell you some actual producers that are good, but otherwise I'll just leave this and you can buy what you think would be good: https://thecbd.place/#

Last edited:
“When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time.” - Max McGee

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be surprised if this story came from a power broker who wants Manure out. Maybe he used a former player he was close to in order to get this story public and put even more heat on Manure.

They might also be setting him up to be fired for cause or to resign to avoid the embarrassment of even bigger stories coming out. Some of the **** Dee was talking about on here was bombshell stuff if true. I’m sure it could easily be corroborated by another player if true especially if the player is tight with a big donor who might want Manure out.

I know the Golden Cane program used to have a player assigned to each big donor when I was involved in it. I don’t know if they still do that, but that could be a connection between a power donor and the player going public to Barry Jackson.

That makes a lot of sense- seems like the same kind of thing that has been going on over the Highsmith hiring. What a mess

Enos is a bad coach absolutely agree...but he didn't have this issues with the QB room at bama.
Pointing that out is in now way taking responsibility away from him and the coaching staff.
Its a bad QB room...I don't think anyone can really dispute that. So it could be as simple as this....bad QB room (all three of them not putting in the commitment required) + bad coaching (weak HC) = terrible results.
Pointing that out is in no way deflecting responsibility away from the coaches and administration.

Bama is Saban’s show- and Enos wasn’t the Coord. He was the QB coach. Supposedly he wasn’t going to call plays if he stayed. Totally different animal.

Agreed. It could indeed be as simple as an entire room of QBs (all 3/5) being “bad”.... or it could be personnel mismanagement. Or both. Who played Tate after he pouted and went to chill with his girl? Why weren’t any of them booted off the team? Did Jarren fail a post surgery test via a prescription? Why didn’t the Frosh get snaps if the other three weren’t preparing properly or showing up.

Pot heads on a football team isn’t a new thing. I’m concerned about how it’s been handled and talked about in Gables.

Advertisement
Back