Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

View attachment 108358
Give a shill *** reporter like Barry jackson an opportunity and he will drag the program threw the mud just to get his clicks. Mission accomplished, smh

Barry is only putting more heat on the idiots running this program. Rightfully, so. If it helps get Blake and Diaz fired then it will be worth it.

Advertisement
Dennis Erickson was a garbage coach, the Larry Coker of his era, so that leniency sort of makes sense.

I can't see Jimmy Johnson in the 80's knowingly putting up with marijuana smoking. If you took Jimmy from the 80's and put him in charge of the current Miami Hurricanes, he would break half of these kids. He was a nice guy to the cameras but that man was a savage.

Players smoked under JJ. Maybe not as much as under Erickson but it happened. Point taken, though.

Old school canes used to go out before a game. They still showed up to play. Different mentalities though.

Yeah, go watch the ‘85 Sugar Bowl and the ‘93 Fiesta Bowl and tell me how those old school Canes handled their business after they spent all night partying before games. Hint: Not very well.

Advertisement
Wait, college kids smoke weed? Stupid article is stupid, Williams and his ilk are lazy, immature and being enabled by this staff letting him come back with no repercussions. Weed is not the problem.

Players seem to be aware that their teammates don't care. The players who are aware of this issue/the disease are as much to blame as those who just don't give a ****.

If Manny Diaz is going to fix the culture at Miami, then he needs to be willing to cut bait on these kids. If Manny isn't willing to sacrifice individuals for the greater good of the program, then he will ****-canned before the 2021 season.
Agreed but I think Manny thought he couldn’t cut bait with Jarren - not with anyone else stepping up at the QB position. I’m not absolving Diaz of anything, just trying to understand why he did what he did. I think however if he had dumped his **** after the 2nd or 3rd infraction, then perhaps we wouldn’t have the problems we do now, at least from the standpoint of player accountability. Manny needs to not be their buddy pal but their HC. That doesn’t mean he has to be a hard ****. But it does have to mean that there are consequences to ones actions.

When we discuss what evaluations mean and why Butch did it better, one big area is character. Not in the sense of being nice or a good person, but the traits needed to succeed and avoid pitfalls.
A lot of that is covered up by winning. You lose, stuff like this comes out. It happens in the pros to. Leaks happen when u lose

Advertisement
Can’t players just ease off the weed in season? Make it about the team I’m not about there own satisfaction for a game or a season? All it is is putting your desires as a person above your purpose and roll on a lager entity as part of a team.

Honestly Weed (especially high CBD) needs to be completely legalized and completely taken out of the rules regarding drugs and suspensions. Then actual drugs need to be punished harder imo.

There's miles of difference between Weed and Coke...and Coke would also be one of the more mild drugs they could possibly be getting their hands on....

Everybody is singling out Jarren & for good reason, as he deserves it...

But if you think he's the only QB drinking/smoking & not taking football seriously you're sadly mistaken.

Some of yall are gonna have to come to terms with the fact your boy Tathaniel isn't the innocent little angel yall believe him to be.

Everybody knows Perry's get down lol, but there's a reason why Tate the Great spent the entire season just chasing after his girlfriend & "taking a leave of absence" for weeks & weeks at a time.
All three of them should be cut. F@ck em

Advertisement
Goes to show you how clueless you are about Canibus and this program. If you only knew how many players smoked during the 80’s and 90’s. One of the best WR’s to ever play at Miami in the early 90’s was high before every game. I won’t say his name but let’s just say this info came from a former player.
Why not you already said enough. Watch this...

Heard it was edibles and that one of the position coaches passed them out before the game and I wont say which coach but he lives on my street.

Facts man

I stay wanting to beat TF out my brother in law when he high. That lol **** don't get high no more around me cause then my rage would kill him lol

I tell my kids don't touch that **** cause one it's bad for u I'm living proof (I know some will get a kick out of that cause they hate me lol who cares) and two I'll Fuq u up over 18 or not. And three u can't regrow braincells that's why this generation is fried.....they are soft af and weird af.
Old mantra that’s been disproven. They regenerate

Honestly Weed (especially high CBD) needs to be completely legalized and completely taken out of the rules regarding drugs and suspensions. Then actual drugs need to be punished harder imo.

There's miles of difference between Weed and Coke...and Coke would also be one of the more mild drugs they could possibly be getting their hands on....
I don’t smoke weed but would rather players smoke than getting addicted to sh*t like those high dosage pain killers or even alcohol. Now if it was Xanax,lean and all of that other sh*t then obviously **** no I wouldnt be okay with that

Advertisement
Yep. He also did a good job cutting bait with guys who rocked the boat.

Remember the year he benched all the veteran WRs (German, Omar Rolle and Magic Benton) and went with freshmans like Santana and Reggie? It’s like those veteran kids fell off the face of the earth. Never heard another word out of them as soon as he pitchforked them.
Yep. Butch understood building a team (even if he wasn’t a good gameday coach).

Manny just wasn’t prepared for leading. Not sure how year two will be different but we’ll see. He was so off on everything, staff, culture, discipline, recruiting, scheme, game plan, play calling, adjustments. Just off.

[
Goes to show you how clueless you are about Canibus and this program. If you only knew how many players smoked during the 80’s and 90’s. One of the best WR’s to ever play at Miami in the early 90’s was high before every game. I won’t say his name but let’s just say this info came from a former player.
i guess half the NBA/NFL is “apathetic, and lazy”

Last edited:
A lot of that is covered up by winning. You lose, stuff like this comes out. It happens in the pros to. Leaks happen when u lose
Eh. It’s a fact butch evaluated remarkably well. and the things that set kids apart include what i mention. Maybe you all wouldn’t notice if manny won a couple more games but I have been harping on this same topic since clappy roamed the sidelines. It’s easy to ignore inputs when you like the output, but leaders have to focus on how you get there, not just that you do. Or tomorrow, you won’t.

Eh. It’s a fact butch evaluated remarkably well. and the things that set kids apart include what i mention. Maybe you all wouldn’t notice if manny won a couple more games but I have been harping on this same topic since clappy roamed the sidelines. It’s easy to ignore inputs when you like the output, but leaders have to focus on how you get there, not just that you do. Or tomorrow, you won’t.
True. I’m 100% with u on your bottom line. That said I like the makeup of this 2020 group

Advertisement
Back