Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

Advertisement
Didn't a poster say that the players were doing something they weren't supposed to be doing (smoking) in front of a recruit (Keyshawn Lawrence) and his parents during a visit?

Didn't a poster say that the players were doing something they weren't supposed to be doing (smoking) in front of a recruit (Keyshawn Lawrence) and his parents during a visit?

I don’t think smoking was mentioned but someone close to Lawrence said something similar. (Players doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing that turned off his family)

Advertisement
This is terrible. Someone wanted that out for a reason. Manny seems to lock stuff down when he wants to. When they want something out, it gets leaked. It makes me wonder if the player(s) who talked did so with the encouragement or knowledge of Manny and staff... Or if it came from someone who graduated and was angry....
I wouldn’t be surprised if this story came from a power broker who wants Manure out. Maybe he used a former player he was close to in order to get this story public and put even more heat on Manure.

They might also be setting him up to be fired for cause or to resign to avoid the embarrassment of even bigger stories coming out. Some of the **** Dee was talking about on here was bombshell stuff if true. I’m sure it could easily be corroborated by another player if true especially if the player is tight with a big donor who might want Manure out.

I know the Golden Cane program used to have a player assigned to each big donor when I was involved in it. I don’t know if they still do that, but that could be a connection between a power donor and the player going public to Barry Jackson.

I don’t think smoking was mentioned but someone close to Lawrence said something similar. (Players doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing that turned off his family)
Gotcha, can't remember the details but I remember the post about that.

Advertisement
But conversations with multiple people around the program, including a veteran player, say there’s another issue, particularly in the quarterback room, that must be fixed. And UM is working to achieve that.

That player - and other sources around the team - say a few players seem more concerned with partying than focusing on football and that a handful (including a prominent one on offense) broke curfew the night before the FIU loss to go out.

It didn’t help that players are aware that UM’s drug policy does not call for a suspension for a first failed drug test; that policy was taken advantage of, according to numerous sources.

All of that had one regular on the team hoping Diaz becomes more of a disciplinarian next season. Diaz apparently realizes this.

We’re told Diaz reminded players before the Independence Bowl that breaking curfew, drinking and smoking weed would not be permitted.

A source said Diaz has discussed implementing a three-strike system in which the first failed test is a one-game suspension, a second failed test is a multi-game suspension and a drug education course; and a third failed test results in dismissal. It’s unclear if that system will be implemented.

Under UM’s current drug policy, the penalty for a first offense on a failed drug test is 10 hours of community service. The punishment for a second offense is players are withheld from 10 percent of their season’s competition (one game for football) and a third suspension requires missing 30 percent of the season’s games (three or four for football).

“The University of Miami has one of the strongest institutional drug testing policies in all of college athletics,” the UM athletic department told The Miami Herald in response to an inquiry last week. “Testing is outsourced to, and conducted entirely by, an independent entity that has no other affiliation with Miami Athletics.

“Any football student-athletes who violated the institutional drug policy this past season were penalized in accordance with the institutional policy. Any University of Miami coach has the authority to strengthen the drug testing policy for his or her respective sport.”
I'm **** sure Richt had a 3 strike policy already yet Manny never enforced it?

This smells of BOT vs Fake James Part 2, 3, 4...oh **** lost count! James needs to cave and get Zo in here and back way away from the football program. Zo needs to shut this crap down and help Manny pull it together. TVD needs to run the show and we need to accept the growing pains. Matchoa or a Grad Transfer possible as well. The partying junk QBs need to be given an ultimatum or told to transfer.

Advertisement
ED7EF537-CD68-40A3-8292-844465B72C77.jpeg

Advertisement
This smells of BOT vs Fake James Part 2, 3, 4...oh **** lost count! James needs to cave and get Zo in here and back way away from the football program. Zo needs to shut this crap down and help Manny pull it together. TVD needs to run the show and we need to accept the growing pains. Matchoa or a Grad Transfer possible as well. The partying junk QBs need to be given an ultimatum or told to transfer.
Agree and who better to push the propaganda than Barry Jackson

Advertisement
Back