Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

No, not at all. Driving drunk is worse because of how impaired you can get.

What i'm saying is those driving drunk can be stop, tested and taken off the road. If you cause an accident, there's simple tests to show you were impaired and at fault, that is wasn't just an accident. With weed, there's not. It's the same with a job.....knowing who's impaired on the job and who's not. While some may use weed minimally and responsible for pain or anxiety, others use it much more just like alcohol.
Of course there is a test. A cop can have a blood draw performed if someone appears impaired and fail a roadside test. And any driver involved in a fatality will absolutely be tested.

That tho is a solution searching for a problem.

Advertisement
Early use.
Acute psychosis
Long term effects on the brain
Marijuana produces well-documented, acute cognitive changes that last for several hours after the drug has been ingested.
The more widespread weed use is the more studies we will see. The best study actually came from Europe where they looked at the brains of men in their 40's and 50's who have been using weed since teenage years. Their brains showed the detrimental effect of long term use.
Thanks. Good info!

Of course there is a test. A cop can have a blood draw performed if someone appears impaired and fail a roadside test. And any driver involved in a fatality will absolutely be tested.

That tho is a solution searching for a problem.

Yes but it can stay in your blood for up to a week. The testing is not simple like a breathalyzer and it's not as easy to set limits for impairment like they do for alcohol, which is processed fairly quickly by the body.

If you legalize it and it becomes an every day use thing, how can you differentiate someone using it every night at home after work and building up levels in their body to someone who did it a few hours before driving and causing an accident? Maybe the tests are that good now, i don't know. It just seems like it's much more difficult to differentiate level of use and mental impact than legal (alcohol) and illegal substances.

Well not every highly sought after quarterback works out when they make it to the next level. Vice versa with the lower graded players, also the scheme and/or coaches plays a heavy role in any players development regardless of position. Also Dan Enos was glorified as a really good offensive coordinator. But in the same breath he held the position at Alabama. Which finally got a thrower that developed into a good player for them after having kids like - Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon & now they have still student-athletes that every winning team in the ncaa wanted on their team. And Alvin Kamara transferred for playing time.

Aaron Rodgers was just a depth guy on the Packers for three years. Behind Favre albeit. Also the rules have changed to benefit the offense after the Pats defensive backs treated the Colts receivers like they were punching bags for that time they would be matched up in the playoffs. Plus its usually colder during the playoffs & fantasy football daily wagers.

Overall though the head coaches are just the best of the best at running their teams. Andy Reid / Donovan McNabb, Alex Smith, Patrick Mahomes etc etc for other teams.

Advertisement
Early use.
Acute psychosis
Long term effects on the brain
Marijuana produces well-documented, acute cognitive changes that last for several hours after the drug has been ingested.
The more widespread weed use is the more studies we will see. The best study actually came from Europe where they looked at the brains of men in their 40's and 50's who have been using weed since teenage years. Their brains showed the detrimental effect of long term use.
Just saw this. Just like alcohol to cigarettes to e-cigarettes, and every other type of drug or even medication that's supposed to be good for a individual. It usually effects everyone differently. And pertaining to your article you posted. The medicinal shops have so many different types for a reason. There are the typical indica, sativa, hybrids & even then there are different grades to each type.

Just watch the movie "Half-Baked" with Dave Chappelle after they rob the hospital of their medicinal stuff. I believe the scenes in the movie describes to the article. "Marijuana is a gate way drug [as they show a egg being cooked]." When I just started kind of. My friends from where I lived in Long Island, New York had some stuff that was beyond any cloud nine feelings. It happened about 16 years ago (I'm 32 years old). I like to tell this tale as I guess I'm lucky.

Four of us had two phillies, a few glass packs. And then I proceeded to consume 13 edibles / brownies. All I saw was those mini Entenmann muffins though. The effect it had was sleeping for 7 hours about. And the last 4 hours every few minutes the excruciating pain of waking up starving like Marvin. Northern Lights aka a few hits and quit it.

Bro; we r welcoming players back who left. What u think?

we've had kids leave early before manny. its not only bc of this staff and you know that. we've never had guys really stick around for their senior years even when they should. the expectation is each kid is out after 3 years

If done responsibly I’d rather drink.

Any drug that makes the couch the spot to be is a waste of life

Advertisement
Every single QB is learning this offense for the first time. No one has a leg up on anyone imo, especially if Jarren and Kosi continue to party, while TVD dedicates his time to football.
True, but Jarren and Kosi played against much better competition in HS. TVD will have to adapt to a higher level of football at a much faster speed than he is used to. He will likely need a redshirt year.

we've had kids leave early before manny. its not only bc of this staff and you know that. we've never had guys really stick around for their senior years even when they should. the expectation is each kid is out after 3 years

go back & look; since Richt it has not been at this alarming of a rate for guys who had low rounds to a no draft status.

we were SHOCKED when Streeter left; that’s how uncommon it was. Nice try, but I’m an avid, and rabid fan of Miami. I’m very in-tune to trends, and this leaving early w no draftable grade has been happening since Richt’s regime at this rate.

I didn’t say marijuana was harmless or that it’s a good idea to drive while high. My point was that alcohol and pot use are not the same, which what was said in the post I originally responded too.

To your point... there is a dearth of knowledge related to marijuana, especially in terms of its use as a medication. What we do know tho is very encouraging.

There have been studies done tho w regards to marijuana as a analgesic, and it does seem to be useful.
Listen, using marijuana is a personal choice and like most personal choices you do it because you like it regardless of the consequences. Like eating unhealthy fatty sugary food. People who do that don't care about the consequences they just want to enjoy life.

All scientific evidence points without a question that drinking alcohol for many years will damage one's liver. Knowing that still people will drink. Women were asked if they know for sure that drinking will increase there chance of getting breast cancer will they still drink and almost all said yes.

Arguing marijuana is harmless compared to alcohol which is widely used is a very bad argument. One has no relation to the other. Just the fact that society allowed one bad thing doesn't mean it should allow less bad thing, that is still bad. Even if allowed, scientists should not change evidence against (a drug) just because it is loved by society.

Advertisement
Listen, using marijuana is a personal choice and like most personal choices you do it because you like it regardless of the consequences. Like eating unhealthy fatty sugary food. People who do that don't care about the consequences they just want to enjoy life.

All scientific evidence points without a question that drinking alcohol for many years will damage one's liver. Knowing that still people will drink. Women were asked if they know for sure that drinking will increase there chance of getting breast cancer will they still drink and almost all said yes.

Arguing marijuana is harmless compared to alcohol which is widely used is a very bad argument. One has no relation to the other. Just the fact that society allowed one bad thing doesn't mean it should allow less bad thing, that is still bad. Even if allowed, scientists should not change evidence against (a drug) just because it is loved by society.

You are responding to an argument I did not make.

Also... you’re wrong. If you’re going to argue science than quote the actual science.

What specific alcohol, How much alcohol, how frequently, over how many years?

Science certainly doesn’t tell us what u say it does.

Advertisement
Also... you’re wrong. If you’re going to argue science than quote the actual science.

What specific alcohol, How much alcohol, how frequently, over how many years?

Science certainly doesn’t tell us what u say it does.
Really?
I have hundreds of studies. I'm not going to use this forum to argue with someone who is not in health science business. I want just to give one example.
Our data show that in an open population the risk threshold for developing cirrhosis and NCLD is 30 g ethanol/day,
For reference:
Image result for how many grams of alcohol in a beer?
In the United States, one "standard" drink (or one alcoholic drink equivalent) contains roughly 14 grams of pure alcohol, which is found in: 12 ounces of regular beer, which is usually about 5% alcohol. 5 ounces of wine, which is typically about 12% alcohol. 1.5 ounces of distilled spirits, which is about 40% alcohol.

Advertisement
Back