Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

No yet. Give it time. Data just started to come from Colorado, being the first state that legalized it. It is not easy to prove Marijuana's heavy use on traffic accidents. No roadside test is available and no legal/illegal limits established.
LOL if anything, marijuana will make you drive slow and EXTRA cautious

Advertisement
I referenced it at the time but no one believed it but Ivey hosted Keyshawn Lawrence on his summer OV and they had an event at hard rock where Ivey blew off Lawrence and his family to go smoke with a few others. The others weren’t suspended. Just Ivey because he blew off his recruit and family. Diaz didn’t know about it until the family sat down in his office and had to explain why their son wasn’t coming to Miami and was going to go ahead and commit to Tennessee.

Cooney and DVD tried to save face and handle it by themselves apparently and tried to cover for them but it didn’t work.

Was told it was 8-10 guys that went to smoke and probably some other stuff going on with the opioid talks coming out now. Who knows. All of this was told to me during the visit and came from the kids family.
Ivey must have smoked a joint before Georgia Tech's fake punt. This is the only explanation for him standing on the field with his wiener in his hand as GT scores an easy TD.

That’s all great and fine but don’t do it BEFORE the game for pain,insomnia etc.Thats the problem.It definitely helped with the players insomnia cause it looked like they were sleepwalking most/all of the games.
That I agree with

Advertisement
I referenced it at the time but no one believed it but Ivey hosted Keyshawn Lawrence on his summer OV and they had an event at hard rock where Ivey blew off Lawrence and his family to go smoke with a few others. The others weren’t suspended. Just Ivey because he blew off his recruit and family. Diaz didn’t know about it until the family sat down in his office and had to explain why their son wasn’t coming to Miami and was going to go ahead and commit to Tennessee.

Cooney and DVD tried to save face and handle it by themselves apparently and tried to cover for them but it didn’t work.

Was told it was 8-10 guys that went to smoke and probably some other stuff going on with the opioid talks coming out now. Who knows. All of this was told to me during the visit and came from the kids family.
This just adds to how the players dont respect/ fear Diaz if true. Do you think any player would do this to Saban, Meyer, Dabo, or even Coach O for that matter? I would venture to say no, as they would be scared to death to ever disobey, or not follow orders under them.

Ivey must have smoked a joint before Georgia Tech's fake punt. This is the only explanation for him standing on the field with his wiener in his hand as GT scores an easy TD.

All starting to make sense lmao. There were times on here during the game thread where posters were saying some player looks high or they’re playing like it or both multiple times after getting a close up on the TV. Might have been lol

No yet. Give it time. Data just started to come from Colorado, being the first state that legalized it. It is not easy to prove Marijuana's heavy use on traffic accidents. No roadside test is available and no legal/illegal limits established.
Don’t need a roadside test. Every fatality comes with blood tests for both drivers. That’s why people often aren’t arrested for some time after the incident.

I have never seen or heard of a fatal accident caused by someone with only thc.

I work at the FD. Most of what we do is ems nowadays. Over thousands of patients I’ve had in my career, I can honestly say not a single one has ever called 911 because of weed.

On the other hand, it’s a rare Friday or Saturday night that we aren’t dealing w drvnk people playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

This just adds to how the players dont respect/ fear Diaz if true. Do you think any player would do this to Saban, Meyer, Dabo, or even Coach O for that matter? I would venture to say no, as they would be scared to death to ever disobey, or not follow orders under them.

might do it once but Saban/Dabo/Urban would never give them another opportunity to do it.

I’ve heard Clemson will send out a random GA or someone on staff to your dorm or apartment or whatever randomly around 11 PM or midnight and if you’re not there and dont have a legit reason and haven’t let someone on staff know why you not there you get a mat drill type punishment/workout for the entire team the next morning

Not just the night before games... they do this on Tuesdays and thursdays and Saturdays etc

Advertisement
Nah, he’s just got opinions on marijuana that are archaic IMO. I’m a medical user and I support what @duke4heisman is saying 110%. It’s helped me. It’s helped my 80+ year old father who was never a drug user.
Absolutely, my grandfather (God rest his soul) was a conservative southern Baptist and is still the longest tenured circuit judge in the state of Florida. He had leukemia and was on all kinds of pills and was very lethargic, down and out, etc. My aunt gave him marijuana and started to feel better and was himself again. He even laughed at the thought of him using it.

Huh? how about reaction time? How about focus?
People shouldn’t drive high. That said, how a particular type of weed effects you is determined by the terpenes in it, in general. And different terpenes do different things. That’s more important than whether it’s an Indica (known for sedating) or a Sativa (uplifting). So, I use indica’s in general but I look for a high myrcene content for sleep. Linalool, Caryophyllene, Alpha Pinene and nerolidol are all sedating. Beta Pinene and Limonene are like stimulants and I avoid those as best I can. They are usually present so I look for lower doses of those components.

Summary if you hit the pay wall:

But conversations with multiple people around the program, including a veteran player, say there’s another issue, particularly in the quarterback room, that must be fixed. And UM is working to achieve that. That player - and other sources around the team - say a few players seem more concerned with partying than focusing on football and that a handful (including a prominent one on offense) broke curfew the night before the FIU loss to go out.

View attachment 108303

View attachment 108304

View attachment 108305
Goes back to coaching and discipline. Period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don’t need a roadside test. Every fatality comes with blood tests for both drivers. That’s why people often aren’t arrested for some time after the incident.

I have never seen or heard of a fatal accident caused by someone with only thc.

I work at the FD. Most of what we do is ems nowadays. Over thousands of patients I’ve had in my career, I can honestly say not a single one has ever called 911 because of weed.

On the other hand, it’s a rare Friday or Saturday night that we aren’t dealing w drvnk people playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.
Drunk driving is bad there is no question about that. Whether acute marijuana intoxication is harmless and has no effect on driving remains to be seen. To make a statement otherwise is irresponsible.

People shouldn’t drive high. That said, how a particular type of weed effects you is determined by the terpenes in it, in general. And different terpenes do different things. That’s more important than whether it’s an Indica (known for sedating) or a Sativa (uplifting). So, I use indica’s in general but I look for a high myrcene content for sleep. Linalool, Caryophyllene, Alpha Pinene and nerolidol are all sedating. Beta Pinene and Limonene are like stimulants and I avoid those as best I can. They are usually present so I look for lower doses of those components.
Reefer science. I love it....

Weed and alcohol are the same?

I have seen, I dunno, maybe a couple dozen drunk driving fatalities. Haven’t yet come across anyone killed by driving on pot.

No, not at all. Driving drunk is worse because of how impaired you can get.

What i'm saying is those driving drunk can be stop, tested and taken off the road. If you cause an accident, there's simple tests to show you were impaired and at fault, that is wasn't just an accident. With weed, there's not. It's the same with a job.....knowing who's impaired on the job and who's not. While some may use weed minimally and responsible for pain or anxiety, others use it much more just like alcohol.

Advertisement
If I was young today I’d be a weed guy for careers.
It's not to late. Business opportunities for people with the right acumen are accessible in a large number of states. Even a small hydro cabinet for 1 or 2 plants is awesome for an experimental hobby. I remember reading Dr. Greenthumb's book in the early 90's and to see the science behind it evolve over the last 3 decades is pretty amazing.

Drunk driving is bad there is no question about that. Whether acute marijuana intoxication is harmless and has no effect on driving remains to be seen. To make a statement otherwise is irresponsible.
I didn’t say marijuana was harmless or that it’s a good idea to drive while high. My point was that alcohol and pot use are not the same, which what was said in the post I originally responded too.

To your point... there is a dearth of knowledge related to marijuana, especially in terms of its use as a medication. What we do know tho is very encouraging.

There have been studies done tho w regards to marijuana as a analgesic, and it does seem to be useful.

I don’t think these are doing this w the coaching staffs knowledge. Manny may not be a good coach but he isn’t a moron. He’s got too much to lose to knowingly field a team of junkies.

Seems this is where team leadership is failing.
Hope so. But Manny clearly talks about cultural issues. So he’s aware of a lot of it. What’s he doing about it?

Advertisement
Back