Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

Opium? That's just the milk from the poppy flower. It's been used since ancient times. Heroin is just a super concentrated form of opium.

Coca leaves are also natural. Crack is just a super concentrated form of cocaine.

Today's marijuana buds contain FAR more THC than the natural kind. They have absolutely been bred and altered by man to make them more potent. And the way they're sold today - in vape form and in edibles - the THC has to be extracted by man in a lab.

Marijuana is not more "natural" than heroin or crack. And just because something comes from a plant doesn't make it ok to consume.
LMAO is that you Jeff Sessions?

Advertisement
If manny is tolerating opiods, he should be fired for Cause. Those things destroy lives.
I don’t think these are doing this w the coaching staffs knowledge. Manny may not be a good coach but he isn’t a moron. He’s got too much to lose to knowingly field a team of junkies.

Seems this is where team leadership is failing.

Opium? That's just the milk from the poppy flower. It's been used since ancient times. Heroin is just a super concentrated form of opium.

Coca leaves are also natural. Crack is just a super concentrated form of cocaine.

Today's marijuana buds contain FAR more THC than the natural kind. They have absolutely been bred and altered by man to make them more potent. And the way they're sold today - in vape form and in edibles - the THC has to be extracted by man in a lab.

Marijuana is not more "natural" than heroin or crack. And just because something comes from a plant doesn't make it ok to consume.

And by the way - opium is a FAR better painkiller than marijuana.
I see you added another lie at the end. Take from someone who has been on the strongest opioids available, marijuana hits the same receptors and relieves pain much better. You gain a tolerance for them, it takes more and more and more and eventually, you HAVE to have them to feel normal with no pain relief. Opiates are intended to be used for 3 days post surgery or severe injury.
Marijuana works every time you use it and you will NEVER overdose or die or even withdrawal.

And by the way - opium is a FAR better painkiller than marijuana.
And still there js nothing wrong w smoking weed.

Advertisement
People who are not in the medical/pharmaceutical field should stop making random statements based on something they read over the internet.
I guess it is the sign of times. Why you even want to go to the doctor if you can read the internet and diagnose your condition?

I completely disagree with this statement. Most kids do not smoke weed.....not where i'm from. Do some? Absolutely. Most? Absolutely not.

Excessive use of weed can lead people to not being prepared or focus. That's how the drug operates. It's no different than alcohol, which many can use responsibly but those who drink daily have issues.
Weed and alcohol are the same?

I have seen, I dunno, maybe a couple dozen drunk driving fatalities. Haven’t yet come across anyone killed by driving on pot.

People who are not in the medical/pharmaceutical field should stop making random statements based on something they read over the internet.
I guess it is the sign of times. Why you even want to go to the doctor if you can read the internet and diagnose your condition?

Actually, anyone whose used both pot and alcohol over the course of their lives are entitled to make whatever statement they want.

Advertisement
Weed and alcohol are the same?

I have seen, I dunno, maybe a couple dozen drunk driving fatalities. Haven’t yet come across anyone killed by driving on pot.
No yet. Give it time. Data just started to come from Colorado, being the first state that legalized it. It is not easy to prove Marijuana's heavy use on traffic accidents. No roadside test is available and no legal/illegal limits established.

I think 100 percent ivey was out due to a drug suspension

I referenced it at the time but no one believed it but Ivey hosted Keyshawn Lawrence on his summer OV and they had an event at hard rock where Ivey blew off Lawrence and his family to go smoke with a few others. The others weren’t suspended. Just Ivey because he blew off his recruit and family. Diaz didn’t know about it until the family sat down in his office and had to explain why their son wasn’t coming to Miami and was going to go ahead and commit to Tennessee.

Cooney and DVD tried to save face and handle it by themselves apparently and tried to cover for them but it didn’t work.

Was told it was 8-10 guys that went to smoke and probably some other stuff going on with the opioid talks coming out now. Who knows. All of this was told to me during the visit and came from the kids family.

rather the players smoke weed than drink as its safer, but im willling to bet theyre doing far more than just weed. weed is the only thing that wouldnt be seen as a big deal when leaked to a reporter

I referenced it at the time but no one believed it but Ivey hosted Keyshawn Lawrence on his summer OV and they had an event at hard rock where Ivey blew off Lawrence and his family to go smoke with a few others. The others weren’t suspended. Just Ivey because he blew off his recruit and family. Diaz didn’t know about it until the family sat down in his office and had to explain why their son wasn’t coming to Miami and was going to go ahead and commit to Tennessee.

Cooney and DVD tried to save face and handle it by themselves apparently and tried to cover for them but it didn’t work.

Was told it was 8-10 guys that went to smoke and probably some other stuff going on with the opioid talks coming out now. Who knows. All of this was told to me during the visit and came from the kids family.

the HC is usually the last person to know these things. a lot of it has to fall on the players in the locker room as theyre the ones that are supposed to handle this stuff. if it gets to the hC (liek the ivey incident) then there is a big problem.

again, this stuff is common amongst the sstudent pop everywhere and esp at miami. people used to mix stuff in drinks at pregames before the grove thursday nights as an example. if fans wanna claim that the nightlife and city is better htan a college town then why are you shcoked that these kids like to party.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marijuana is a completely natural, God given plant with numerous benefits. I know many people that have significantly reduced or even completely stopped dangerous pills. This includes chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia, seizures, most side effects of chemo and cancer, the list goes on and on. The pharmaceutical industry would love to have you in office.

That’s all great and fine but don’t do it BEFORE the game for pain,insomnia etc.Thats the problem.It definitely helped with the players insomnia cause it looked like they were sleeping most/all of the games.

Last edited:
the HC is usually the last person to know these things. a lot of it has to fall on the players in the locker room as theyre the ones that are supposed to handle this stuff. if it gets to the hC (liek the ivey incident) then there is a big problem.

again, this stuff is common amongst the sstudent pop everywhere and esp at miami. people used to mix stuff in drinks at pregames before the grove thursday nights as an example. if fans wanna claim that the nightlife and city is better htan a college town then why are you shcoked that these kids like to party.

Happens everywhere. Just different on who can handle it. Should be able to be stone/drunk and high on pills or whatever and beat FIU. But this team can’t so they got exposed.

Advertisement
Back