Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

Advertisement
Wait, didn't this same thing happen at Florida under Urban Meyer? Did they not respect Urban?

I am calling out coaches when necessary, but same goes for players. I can't put laziness and immaturity on the coach. Either you have the dog in you or you dont.

It's the production tolerance argument.

Can’t compare UF & their national titles to Manny & his 7-6 record.

Not absolving the coaches in the least but they can’t babysit 70 some odd players 24/7. Shouldn’t have to. And don’t give me this “they’re just kids” bull****. At 18, 19, 20 years old, they should know right from wrong.
You’re not wrong about the babysitting part, but you can set consequences for actions, and more importantly follow through on them. Want another example of Manny failing to do this? His whole big to do about revaluing a Miami offer, and then proceeding to chase Francois after he decommitted twice and now Marc Britt and Avante Williams after their decommitments. He has no idea how to build a culture, accountability, or to get guys to buy into it.

Advertisement
This is on the coaches. Just stop.

Players will take the rope coaches give them...just like kids.

No different when you were a kid and your strict teacher, that’s a disciplinarian calls in sick. When the substitute teacher comes in those same kids go crazy. Substitute teachers are usually spineless and the kids run over him/her. The players see Manny as a substitute teacher.

Thats Manny in a nutshell. He doesn’t have a spine, the kids know it and they run over him.

Nope. I have a cousin who was terror. My aunt punished him , spank him, etc. She even sent him to one of those all boys boarding schools in Nebraska. To this day, he is still ******* up. Some toys just come out of the factory broken.

Myself, i woke one morning when I was 12, i said to myself "I am tired of getting these *** whooping". Made a business decision to get life together. Personal responsibility.

But we haven't anything from the defensive side of ball? Do they not respect Manny? It's one thing to say there not getting the right coaching, but effort and maturity is on the individual.

Has the new OC or OL coach transferred yet??? Lol! If not I think the OC and Coach need to tell all three QBs the job is TVD or a grad transfers to lose. Hit the bricks!

Advertisement
You’re not wrong about the babysitting part, but you can set consequences for actions, and more importantly follow through on them. Want another example of Manny failing to do this? His whole big to do about revaluing a Miami offer, and then proceeding to chase Francois after he decommitted twice and now Marc Britt and Avante Williams after their decommitments. He has no idea how to build a culture, accountability, or to get guys to buy into it.
You’re absolutely correct in that certain actions should have consequences. My point is that these young men should know right from wrong and the consequences of the choices they make and how those actions affect performance on and off the field.

Enos is gone.. that alone will bring improvement and maturity to the QB room and overall in general.

Advertisement
Alcohol doesn’t lower your IQ. Alcohol doesn’t ruin your motivation and make you sit on the couch eating Doritos all day.

I want football players who are driven, aggressive, hungry and committed.

If that means kicking half the team to the curb and starting over with nothing but transfers, so be it.

We are NEVER winning so long as our team is full of lazy stoners

Goes to show you how clueless you are about Canibus and this program. If you only knew how many players smoked during the 80’s and 90’s. One of the best WR’s to ever play at Miami in the early 90’s was high before every game. I won’t say his name but let’s just say this info came from a former player.

Advertisement
Lon & Canes Warning are the two biggest Hect *** kissing slurpper bìtches I've ever seen in my life.

Their whole Twitter feed is just one long rambling sycophant defense of every shìtty decision that gets made.

They're so ****** lame, I can't stand either one of'em smh.

I want to apologize to calling Lon a ***g@t which gave ***g@ts a bad name

Attachments

• B5CC7C9F-0EB3-41FB-896B-93D5A49980FF.png
    B5CC7C9F-0EB3-41FB-896B-93D5A49980FF.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
You’re absolutely correct in that certain actions should have consequences. My point is that these young men should know right from wrong and the consequences of the choices they make and how those actions affect performance on and off the field.
I completely agree... but the coaches need to set those consequences and stick to them. The other side to it is are the coaches failing in evaluating character when recruiting or is it the program turns them. My personal opinion - we are not casting a wide enough net early in recruiting and instead are chasing too many guys late in the cycle. You can evaluate enough film in 6 weeks, but you’re definitely not spending enough time getting to know the people and how they will fit into your culture.

Goes to show you how clueless you are about Canibus and this program. If you only knew how many players smoked during the 80’s and 90’s. One of the best WR’s to ever play at Miami in the early 90’s was high before every game. I won’t say his name but let’s just say this info came from a former player.

Dennis Erickson was a garbage coach, the Larry Coker of his era, so that leniency sort of makes sense.

I can't see Jimmy Johnson in the 80's knowingly putting up with marijuana smoking. If you took Jimmy from the 80's and put him in charge of the current Miami Hurricanes, he would break half of these kids. He was a nice guy to the cameras but that man was a savage.

Advertisement
Back