Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is Barry saying our QB room is full of burnouts?:

But conversations with multiple people around the program, including a veteran player, say there’s another issue, particularly in the quarterback room, that must be fixed. And UM is working to achieve that.

That player - and other sources around the team - say a few players seem more concerned with partying than focusing on football and that a handful (including a prominent one on offense) broke curfew the night before the FIU loss to go out.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article238723793.html#storylink=cpy

Ain’t nun wrong with playing ball and smoking weed..**** it should help them study the **** playbook better...that partying **** tho needs to be put in check especially during season..******* Jarren Williams🤦🏾‍♂️..he looked drunk during the FIU game lol

Manny needs to be tougher and show these kids he means no bs but Jarren especially needs to go...
We can’t act like players at other places aren’t hanging out and smoking weed..that’s not the issue. It’s the partying drinking **** in season. If your serious about your craft, your not doing that during a football season

Advertisement
Was Barry saving this article until there was one ounce of positive around the program?

How to close out a recruiting class 101?

Float that there is a rampant drug problem on the team.

Advertisement
What sucks is that we had such little depth at certain positions if Manny were to dismiss players (and they were starters) we would have been in bigger trouble do to lack of talent at backups and 3rd stringers, just my opinion. Tough position to be in.
With that said, he has to start setting the example, record be damned, and get these facking clowns out of the program or it will never get better.

Advertisement
Right, that's totally the problem. It's not that players don't take work seriously, it's that somebody said something.
Ha, funny. It's pretty clear when a team with decent talent (especially compared to the rest of the ACC Coastal) goes 6-7, you have some punks on the team. It was pretty evident on the field. Anybody that knows football can see some of these guys just didn't get it. Or care to to get it. We bash coach after coach, sometimes (maybe a lot of times) deservedly so, but players have take responsibility too. Now, it is up to the coaches to put together a team.

Lol. That article took it easy on them. The problem isnt drinking and weed. LCE hit on it the other day describing how Jarren looked during the FIU game on tv - profusely sweating, bugged out eyes, looking lost.

The article confirms what I heard weeks ago. These guys are getting blowed out! And far too often. At the wrong times (as in the night before fiu game being out all night).

Opiods.

Ill refrain from the names I heard, but all three QBs were mentioned with Tate getting singled out even further with “the guy is on another level of out of control.”

I understand our teams in the 80s raged.. but **** man, they handled their business like grown men. These soft *** wannabe’s on our squad now clearly can’t handle it. Yet.... it’s been allowed.

I’m no insider but I hear things from time to time. I was a little mind blown when I was told that there’s a bigger problem of opiods within the team the week after FIU. If I knew of it, you can guarantee Manny did as well. Yet he’s allowed it. Just another failure added to his long list.... in one short year.

Advertisement
Back