Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

Advertisement
Coke.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
You can't just blame the players. Atrocious coaching will lose a team. It will demoralize them. Sooner or later the players just stop giving a crap and all heck breaks loose.

Furthermore, we saw mental immaturity at several positions this year, especially QB and even the kicker. But that reflects poor, inadequate, inept and insufficient coaching as far as the mental side of the game is concerned.

Coaching football, or any sport for they matter, is not just Xs and Os. There is a huge mental/psychological/ even spiritual component that goes along with it at any level and for any organization, and even more so when you are coaching 18 and 19 year olds. Clearly Manny, Enos, and I guess Patke did a horrendous job last year in this area and it cost the team big.

Advertisement
This is precisely where Highsmith would come into play... Diaz doesnt invoke a sense of fear as a HC. I bet the players asses would be wound tight if Highsmith is roaming the halls, meeting rooms and practices.

Ive had a couple Officers in my life who never had to say anything. Theyre mere presence alone was enough to keep everyone in line and focused

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back