Barry J. article discussing the internal power struggle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hmmmmm interesting

Let’s find this out once and for all, @nystateofmind what’s your take?
I try not to judge others, friend.

If Blake James or Manny Diaz are homosexuals, I would hope they would come out into the open.

Finding out your spouse is a closest homosexual is a very traumatic experience for heterosexuals.

Last edited:
Blake thinks the fans are idiots , like I said other day this was just a media ploy to take focus off the 6-7 season , hiring a coach from a failed staff ....in a few hours and all the other insanity in the athletic dept.

His goal is just to make it to September , hoping time will ease the fan base from his throat. Just look at his tweet after the bowl , it was the exact tweet he made after Wisconsin last year. Just insert “ coach Diaz” instead of “ coach “ Richt “.

Advertisement
Was in Miami for a week. One wealthy businessman that I spoke with said that there is a 0.9 inverse correlation between football prowess and academic ranking. He is thrilled about Miami's national academic ranking. He says 2/3 of donors agree with him and cites the $35M allocated to football from the $4B in recent campaigns.

Another large donor said that they expected "growing pains" with Manny, but they were also expecting a 9-3 record during 2019 with noticeable improvement during the latter half of the season. If Manny does not win 9 games next year, they will fire him. (Also spoke with FSU BOT member. Taggart arrived at office at 8AM and departed at 5PM. Taggart does not believe in ever disciplining players. Laziest high ranking executive they have ever met.)

One thing about Manny that everyone agrees on is that he is a manical worker. No one outworks him. Diaz puts in 100 hour weeks routinely. He is genuinely trying to succeed.

Everyone I spoke to at this point expects Manny to be fired next year by late November. They are preparing for his replacement... He will probably fail, but one never knows. He is working like a fiend.

Anything about James?

Assistant/Associate AD - Director of Football Recruiting/Operations or something to that effect may be amicable to all concerned. The details of how much authority Zo would have might be the biggest hurdle. Manny would be foolish not to take advantage of an opportunity to align himself with the type of experience, knowledge, and insight Zo could bring to the table.
And I might add that it’s no secret that compared to other successful programs , we’re short handed in both numbers and talent in the recruiting department. Zo could kill several birds with one stone in that aspect.

For now, it appears coach Manny Diaz and the administration believe changing offensive coaches, and perhaps dumping another assistant or two, will solve everything that ails a program that is 13-16 in its past 29 games and hasn’t won anything significant in more than a decade.

Not everyone internally agrees. According to a UM football administrator, there was some support inside the Board of Trustees, including from one key member, for Miami to hire Highsmith in a position of authority, for a job that would be similar to an NFL general manager and would give him some level of authority.
Doesn’t James report to the BoT? Shouldn’t they tell said Piece of ****, hire Zo or you’re fired? How ******* hard is this?

Blake thinks the fans are idiots , like I said other day this was just a media ploy to take focus off the 6-7 season , hiring a coach from a failed staff ....in a few hours and all the other insanity in the athletic dept.

His goal is just to make it to September , hoping time will ease the fan base from his throat. Just look at his tweet after the bowl , it was the exact tweet he made after Wisconsin last year. Just insert “ coach Diaz” instead of “ coach “ Richt “.

That's what he probably thought. But it backfired big time. Look at his twitter mentions the last two days. Never seen that type of hate before lol

Advertisement
Manny Diaz is the biggest Hypocrite I've ever seen

Have to hold players to the Miami standard, blah, blah...

Meanwhile he doesn't want to be held to a standard by the Athletic Department or a Cane Legend who built the Miami standard.

Unreal.. Manny needs to go now
The whole idea of this Football GM was doomed the minute I heard Fake and Manure were collaborating on the hire.

There is no other program in the country - none - that has a chief of staff with higher or equal authority to the head coach. There’d be no point in being the head coach.
They should consider a position where Highsmith reports to Diaz and where he has authority over certain departments and isn’t just a “yes” man, but a vice president of sorts on the operations and recruiting/ scouting side of things.

Advertisement
This confirms that Manny just wants a glorified secretary for this new administrator position without any real authority,

Another TNM/Turnover Chain gimmick.

And of course Flake James will likely continue to appease his loser HC hires and not force them to make needed/uncomfortable decisions that are in the best interest of the program.
To be fair, this is exactly what a number of head coaches already have. For Zo to assume a "strong GM" position at a college would be a very rare (if not unprecedented move to make). From what I understand, schools that have "GM"s use them as decorative (Ohio State) or as glorified assistants, who take care of duties that the head coach cannot (FSU).

Advertisement
Back