Bandy, Edwards, and Henderson

I think Edwards has a huge ceiling. The other guys can contribute earlier than Edwards & Henderson, those two need time.

At CB, we need guys that can play right away. We'll only be returning Redwine and Young next year. Gotta get guys that are ready to contribute from day 1.

U forgot Michael Jackson and Ryan Mayes... And you sound ridiculous if u think that any of these corners will be ready to play "day 1"???

CB is one of the easier positions to come in and play right away as a true FR. I'm guessing Campbell and Blades (both '18 class) will be more than capable of playing from day 1.

I certainly don't want to depend on Jackson and Mayes. Not sure either belongs at this level.

You serious?! You never played corner huh?

Outside of WR, it's the easiest position to play right away. ?Do you really think Davis (2017), Samuel (2017), Campbell (2018), Blades (2018), Samuel (2018) and Surtain (2018) won't contribute right away (no matter where they choose to play)? Generally a kid either has the hips, speed, and reaction time or he doesn't. They don't learn it by sitting and watching for a couple years. And you don't have to be really physically-devoloped to be a CB (though it certainly helps).

Obviously a guy like Henderson who is just starting to play CB may need a couple years. Brini looks a bit raw also. But the guys I listed above will likely be ready from day one.

Advertisement
At CB, we need guys that can play right away. We'll only be returning Redwine and Young next year. Gotta get guys that are ready to contribute from day 1.

U forgot Michael Jackson and Ryan Mayes... And you sound ridiculous if u think that any of these corners will be ready to play "day 1"???

CB is one of the easier positions to come in and play right away as a true FR. I'm guessing Campbell and Blades (both '18 class) will be more than capable of playing from day 1.

I certainly don't want to depend on Jackson and Mayes. Not sure either belongs at this level.

Outside of WR, it's the easiest position to play right away. ?Do you really think Davis (2017), Samuel (2017), Campbell (2018), Blades (2018), Samuel (2018) and Surtain (2018) won't contribute right away (no matter where they choose to play)? Generally a kid either has the hips, speed, and reaction time or he doesn't. They don't learn it by sitting and watching for a couple years. And you don't have to be really physically-devoloped to be a CB (though it certainly helps).

Obviously a guy like Henderson who is just starting to play CB may need a couple years. Brini looks a bit raw also. But the guys I listed above will likely be ready from day one.

No it's not dude, it's one of the hardest positions to play in football because of how hard you have to work on technique. It is not an easy position to play out of high school...who can you name from a P5 school started all 12 games as a freshman

Go on. Keep showing how ignorant you are..

No it's not dude, it's one of the hardest positions to play in football because of how hard you have to work on technique. It is not an easy position to play out of high school...who can you name from a P5 school started all 12 games as a freshman

They don't need to start all 12 games. But they need to contribute significantly.

Do you not think Malek Young will play alot this year? And if Byrd had stayed with us, you don't think he would have played alot?

You see these S FL prospects alot. Do you not think the guys I listed are capable of coming in and playing alot as Freshmen?

They don't need to start all 12 games. But they need to contribute significantly.

Do you not think Malek Young will play alot this year? And if Byrd had stayed with us, you don't think he would have played alot?

You see these S FL prospects alot. Which of the guys I listed are not capable of coming in and playing alot as Freshmen?

Advertisement
I think Edwards has a huge ceiling. The other guys can contribute earlier than Edwards & Henderson, those two need time.

Generally speaking, the farther away from the center of the LoS you get the easier it is to make an early impact (outside of QB).

Vernon Hargreaves played all 12 games as a freshman and had 3 ints in his first 4 collegiate games including against us and tenn. He was good on day 1 nd Ramsey started first 3 games at FSU before he had to move to safety because of an injury. But these are also two 1st round picks so you can't rely on one of these guys being THAT good I guess.

This is why I think bringing in that Juco or the UGA guy that went juco would be a big help.

Last edited:
Vernon Hargreaves played all 12 games as a freshman and had 3 ints in his first 4 collegiate games including against us and tenn. He was good on day 1 nd Ramsey started first 3 games at FSU before he had to move to safety because of an injury. But these are also two 1st round picks so you can't rely on one of these guys being THAT good I guess.

This is why I think bringing in that Juco or the UGA guy that went juco would be a big help.

You also forgot perennial 5 star recruits, the only guys in the next two classes imo that are day 1 bona fide starters and don't probably need to come off the bench or start later in the year are that we're "in" on are Darnay Holmes and Patrick Surtain Jr.

And that's IF Darnay comes through on his OV that he told Corey Bender he was scheduling already, then in that case no one we're in on are Day 1 starters on the boundary.

Last edited:

Generally speaking, the farther away from the center of the LoS you get the easier it is to make an early impact (outside of QB).

Yup.

Advertisement

You also forgot perennial 5 star recruits, the only guys in the next two classes imo that are day 1 bona fide starters and don't probably need to come off the bench or start later in the year are that we're "in" on are Darnay Holmes and Patrick Surtain Jr.

And that's IF Darnay comes through on his OV that he told Corey Bender he was scheduling already, then in that case no one we're in on are Day 1 starters on the boundary.

Campbell? Blades?

Again, we don't necessarily need day 1 starters. We need guys that can come in contribute significantly off the bench.

I know you're not as high on Davis as others (and it's not looking good for us anyway). But I think he would help us immediately next year. Brini and Henderson would probably need more time, though they do have as much or more potential.

The JC guy (Dean?) also would be looked at for immediate help.

Campbell? Blades?

Again, we don't necessarily need day 1 starters. We need guys that can come in contribute significantly off the bench.

I know you're not as high on Davis as others (and it's not looking good for us anyway). But I think he would help us immediately next year. Brini and Henderson would probably need more time, though they do have as much or more potential.

The JC guy (Dean?) also would be looked at for immediate help.
Campbell's viewed as a Safety and Blades falls into the same category of being on limited reps early if he commits

That's interesting. Outside of Holmes you think Surtain is the only one polished enough to be a potential day one starter. I can see that but I will say that could change after the 2016 season is played. Well see. It will be interesting to see how these guys develop.
[MENTION=13955]Zbrod95[/MENTION] What is your opinion on DJ Ivey?

Advertisement
Campbell blades and jobe in 2018 sustain is a bonus, plus that kid from south dade don't remember his name

This can go both ways. An elite HS corner like Blades for example can come in and play day 1. The biggest adjustment is speed and whether or not you can tackle already, consistently. As long as the player is ready physically, ya it can be an easy transition especially for a south florida player. If you need developed in the weight room, then ya it's not easy.

WR, RB, DE are usually the easiest to walk in and play day 1 though ahead of corner.

CB is one of the hardest positions to play period....let alone start out of high school

That's true but it can be an easier transition for some guys. I was a CB in high school and tried to play football as well as baseball at TN tech. I enrolled in the summer session 1 to get to work early with the football team to see if I was cut out for it. I was 5'11 165-170 when I stepped on campus. I was fast enough to play, but I wasn't nearly ready for the physicality of tackling our 6'2 225 RB or cover 200+ lb receivers. Needless to say I played on the scout team during the season and was done after 1 year and stuck to baseball.

On the other hand, my buddy from my high school was 6'1 about 190 and enrolled in session 2 in July after only playing WR and FS in highschool. He was benching over 300 lbs and could tackle those big guys, match up with the bigger WR, and even though his coverage technique wasn't as good as mine, and he wasn't nearly as fast (I was about 4.55 and he was 4.7) he started game 1-12 and I was on scout team.

Some guys make an easier transition than others. Technique isn't everything. Speed isn't everything. Size isn't everything. But if you're good enough at 1 of those things, or have a good combo of the 3, you have a chance. Had I stuck it out, I probably would have been the better play at the end of our career, but he was better right away.

Advertisement

You see these S FL prospects alot. Do you not think the guys I listed are capable of coming in and playing alot as Freshmen?

Tyler Byrd is almost 21 already, He's essentially a sophmore.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back