Bandy, Edwards, and Henderson

Z8hbhna.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not big on Edwards at all, I would rather see us go after Brini, Wilson, Bandy and Ameer Speed who is the same height as Edwards but 2X faster with legit 10.7 100m speed. I kind of see Speed's situation turning into a Carlos Becker situation where he will continue to blow up, hope the coaches jump on him.

How good of a prospect is Edwards ?

He's 6'3, with CB hips. Not a big hitter. I think Marco Wilson, Brini, Davis, & Bandy are better.

Sounds like Mario Edwards when he was at FSU in the mid-90s. (the dad not the son).. I'll take that.

I think Edwards has a huge ceiling. The other guys can contribute earlier than Edwards & Henderson, those two need time.

At CB, we need guys that can play right away. We'll only be returning Redwine and Young next year. Gotta get guys that are ready to contribute from day 1.

How good of a prospect is Edwards ?

He's 6'3, with CB hips. Not a big hitter. I think Marco Wilson, Brini, Davis, & Bandy are better.

Sounds like Mario Edwards when he was at FSU in the mid-90s. (the dad not the son).. I'll take that.

I think Edwards has a huge ceiling. The other guys can contribute earlier than Edwards & Henderson, those two need time.

At CB, we need guys that can play right away. We'll only be returning Redwine and Young next year. Gotta get guys that are ready to contribute from day 1.

U forgot Michael Jackson and Ryan Mayes... And you sound ridiculous if u think that any of these corners will be ready to play "day 1"???

Advertisement
Its not like we never seen true freshman corners play, Richt will true freshmen

U forgot Michael Jackson and Ryan Mayes... And you sound ridiculous if u think that any of these corners will be ready to play "day 1"???
*SMH*

Of course some of the corners in this class will play next year as true frosh.

CB is one of the easier positions to come in and play right away as a true FR. I'm guessing Campbell and Blades (both '18 class) will be more than capable of playing from day 1.

I certainly don't want to depend on Jackson and Mayes. Not sure either belongs at this level.

Advertisement
Today went GREAT with these three. Henderson isn't going anywhere. He is a catalyst for this class.

Edwards had planned to attend Kentucky's satellite camp at FAU but cancelled to make it to campus with them two.

Today was about getting these 3 together to continue building a relationship.

Advertisement
Edwards looks like a physical specimen. He has some serious height, length, and potential to add good weight.

In the words of Richt, "let's build a relationship."

Richt playing chess and setting **** up 5 moves in advance... god I ******* hated when I heard stories of golden giving kids an ultimatum and forcing them into a commitment, wonder why we always had so many decommits.......

CB is one of the easier positions to come in and play right away as a true FR. I'm guessing Campbell and Blades (both '18 class) will be more than capable of playing from day 1.

I certainly don't want to depend on Jackson and Mayes. Not sure either belongs at this level.

You serious?! You never played corner huh?

Advertisement
Today went GREAT with these three. Henderson isn't going anywhere. He is a catalyst for this class.

Edwards had planned to attend Kentucky's satellite camp at FAU but cancelled to make it to campus with them two.

I hope this is 100%. My favorite player committed right now and the highest ceiling without a doubt. Sam Shields type of players except he will be developed more at CB early on in college instead of once he gets to the league.

This can go both ways. An elite HS corner like Blades for example can come in and play day 1. The biggest adjustment is speed and whether or not you can tackle already, consistently. As long as the player is ready physically, ya it can be an easy transition especially for a south florida player. If you need developed in the weight room, then ya it's not easy.

WR, RB, DE are usually the easiest to walk in and play day 1 though ahead of corner.

I love this staff Shawn Davis was being recruited pretty hard then he went into Florida mode and Miami moves on plenty of talent in area

This can go both ways. An elite HS corner like Blades for example can come in and play day 1. The biggest adjustment is speed and whether or not you can tackle already, consistently. As long as the player is ready physically, ya it can be an easy transition especially for a south florida player. If you need developed in the weight room, then ya it's not easy.

WR, RB, DE are usually the easiest to walk in and play day 1 though ahead of corner.

CB is one of the hardest positions to play period....let alone start out of high school

Advertisement
Back