Bandy declares

How many practice squad players you see for multiple years? He would make a solid 6-figure salary (around $150k after taxes) for a year, then what? He could come back, earn his degree and probably improve his draft positioning with more film under his belt and potentially be a 4th-5th round pick which would net him more money.

Manny Jr STFU

Advertisement
How many practice squad players you see for multiple years? He would make a solid 6-figure salary (around $150k after taxes) for a year, then what? He could come back, earn his degree and probably improve his draft positioning with more film under his belt and potentially be a 4th-5th round pick which would net him more money.
You get 2 year on p squad, some rare circumstances where you can get a 3rd. This year if you lasted all 17 regular season weeks then the pay pre-taxes is $136k (8k/week * 17 weeks)

You get 2 year on p squad, some rare circumstances where you can get a 3rd. This year if you lasted all 17 regular season weeks then the pay pre-taxes is $136k (8k/week * 17 weeks)

I figured there was a 2nd year in there. And I was doing a rough estimate after taxes. Plus there's the extra money that would come in if the team he's on makes the playoffs. Having said that, my point stands - he'd be throwing away the long term potential to try and make a minimal cash grab on the short term. We've had these same conversations with guys like Streeter, McIntosh, Norton, etc....

Bandy, et al should look to sign with agents like Austin or experienced ones with long track records of success with off the field concerns vs. “uncles” and enablers. Bandy has not had any off the field negativity whatsoever, but clearly needs more than football support at this important time.

Advertisement
Wish he stayed and got his degree. But oh well. His pick against lame is still the best moment we’ve had in a while. Good luck to him

Good luck to him

He must know that a lot of changes must be happening and he doesn’t want to gamble on learning a new system/coaches for his money year/senior year

Advertisement
Wish him the best and sucks that family issues have him going in early. He needs that final year in the worst way. Hopefully he sticks on a roster because if not he’s going to always think back on if he would’ve came back for one more run at it.

don’t know his unforeseen circumstances tho. Sucks for this kid

Advertisement
From what I was told from someone that knows him it's a combination of grades and family situation that requires financial support. Just forwarding along the info I heard.

Advertisement
Terrible decision, but it's clear that his family circumstances dictated it. I will never wish anything but the best for Bandy, one of the few dogs still on our roster.

Wish him the best and sucks that family issues have him going in early. He needs that final year in the worst way. Hopefully he sticks on a roster because if not he’s going to always think back on if he would’ve came back for one more run at it.

don’t know his unforeseen circumstances tho. Sucks for this kid

Another run at what? Finishing 6-7 ?

Like I predicted Manny slurpers are like rats hiding until they can jump on a kid leaving

Cane fans...don’t like said player when he is on the team but as soon as he leaves he’s dumb won’t get drafted etc etc...LOL

Advertisement
Back