Bandy declares

EAll true and funny........except for the fact it's no additional money because the overhead costs of everything related to that football scholarship are already paid for. The classes/teachers are already included. The dorms are already paid for. The doctors and trainers on staff don't change, nor the team meals and nutrition plans. The same size planes and buses are chartered. Uniforms and clothes are supplied by Adidas and not the schools. Helmets/pads are already in house.

Books though - THAT'S where you'll get those savings. $500 in books x 15 kids = $7500. Well that is unless the team awards scholarships to walk-ons since they have so many extra.....which they will so less savings.

$7500? That's it??

So would we still have enough additional funding to hire, lets say, 2 - 3 unattractive, overweight, young female interns with purple hair? We need these resources if we're ever going to achieve true gender equality.

Advertisement
$7500? That's it??

So would we still have enough additional funding to hire, lets say, 2 - 3 unattractive, overweight, young female interns with purple hair? We need these resources if we're ever going to achieve true gender equality.

Hmmm.....let me see what Strawley has to say first. I'll get back to you.

4th-6th round is not out of the question for bandy. He will test really well and has enough good film the last 3 years. Only reason he won’t go higher is because of his height

His first year was good. The last two years were mediocre. Look at it this way, Michael Jackson had better NFL measurables than Bandy and still got drafted in the 5th round and was on the practice squad for a majority of the year. Testing well at the combine doesn't mean **** if you have two years of mediocre tape to go with it and are undersized. Projecting that Bandy can even be mentioned in the 4th round is homerism at its finest.

Advertisement
Wait until he runs his mouth to one some established NFL player. He might be on IR for the rest of the season. Plus if he costs his team a 15 yard penalty, he will be warming the bench or get released.

Advertisement
Half of the NFL is full of late round picks or undrafted guys. He’ll be fine if he works hard. It’s better than playing for free.

Advertisement
Nice young man (was an Oklahoma commit before flipping to us) and has a lot of Cane heart. but I don't see him getting drafted.
Hopefully he got his degree.

He’s the type of player that a scrappy NFL defense would love to have on the field with them.

Imo he projects best at Free Safety like a Ricardo Allen... I wish we could’ve seen him play that position here but it wouldn’t have changed anything regardless.

Woo hoooo another UFA to add to the ledger of Hurricanes Petey and his crew have lured into the life of Mickey D’s in 2-3 years.

Don’t know who is selling these kids on leaving early but whomever it is I’d like to hire him to work for me cause he’s one **** of a salesman.

Hope the kid was smart enough to at least get his degree but I’d be willing to bet a dollar to a donut he didn’t

Good Luck young man I hope you prove us all wrong.

Advertisement
Lamarcus Joyner was 5'8 and still went in the 2nd round. It matters how good you are as a player. Sure, being undersized doesn't help. But being mediocre while being undersized doesn't do you any favors.

Measurables like arm length matter also. The NFL increasingly wants defensive backs with 32 inch arms, or thereabouts. Redwine and especially Jackson fared well in that category last season.

Bandy needs to measure closer to 32 than 31. Otherwise he won't receive much benefit of a doubt

Advertisement
Back