Bandy declares

Another run at what? Finishing 6-7 ?

Like I predicted Manny slurpers are like rats hiding until they can jump on a kid leaving

he didn’t have a stellar year. Coaches have nothing to do with what he did on the field personally. I didn’t attack the kid and understand he has to make this decision still doesn’t mean it’s a good one

Calling me a manny slurped is hilarious tho because that dude would not be coaching here ever if I was in charge. He’d be at temple but press on. Just remember this post when he gets cut next offseason and his football career is on the rocks

Advertisement
You get 2 year on p squad, some rare circumstances where you can get a 3rd. This year if you lasted all 17 regular season weeks then the pay pre-taxes is $136k (8k/week * 17 weeks)

CIS really needs to make you the official ombudsman for draft/NFL salary related talk. I'd give you the power to issue fines and penalty box time around here for blatant misrepresentation of fact and general insanity.

I think many are applying the wrong calculus here. I don't know (or much care, really) anything about Bandy's personal situation or whether it's a factor in his decision to make himself eligible for the draft. To me the key factor is...if he stays another year, does that make him or or less likely to e drafted and to be drafted in a higher or lower position? Given the **** coaching he's gotten while at the U, I'd have to assume that each year he stays will COST him money, even if he goes undrafted and signs as a free agent or practice squad guy. He's not getting better at Miami. At best, he's stagnating.

Advertisement
Good luck to him. I don't like the decision but it aint my decision. Hope he does well in the NFL if he gets the chance.

Even if we sucked next year again, I think Bandy would have greatly benefited from returning. But it is what it is and I have nothing but love for the kid. Go bust your *** and make that money, Trajan!

he didn’t have a stellar year. Coaches have nothing to do with what he did on the field personally. I didn’t attack the kid and understand he has to make this decision still doesn’t mean it’s a good one

Calling me a manny slurped is hilarious tho because that dude would not be coaching here ever if I was in charge. He’d be at temple but press on. Just remember this post when he gets cut next offseason and his football career is on the rocks

So if he goes undrafted(like Mike Jackson) next year then what was the point? oh he filled a position of need on your favorite team.

Meanwhile his parents are probably in more financial trouble but hey he played football another year on my favorite 6-7 team instead of his helping his struggling parents. #Canesfam or w/e you weirdos like to say.

Advertisement
So if he goes undrafted(like Mike Jackson) next year then what was the point? oh he filled a position of need on your favorite team.

Meanwhile his parents are probably in more financial trouble but hey he played football another year on my favorite 6-7 team instead of his helping his struggling parents. #Canesfam or w/e you weirdos like to say.

mike Jackson was drafted fool. WTH 😂😂😂

Advertisement
Big mistake. When you're 5'9", you have to be ultra-productive to get drafted. Honey Badger and old dude for Atlanta (from Purdue) that we never recruited and he wanted to come here bad are the only 2 examples to come to mind. I am sure there are others that have happened. Bottom line, due to his size and lack of production, he will either get drafted late or go undrafted. Good luck Trajan!!!

They should rename our bowl game from the walk on independence bowl to the draft showcase. Boys was sitting out and checked out. New coach needs to drop the hammer every scholarship under annual review

Also - A lot of these kids are not cut out for university. They likely wouldn't go if not for ball. Let's call it what it is. I'm sure these kids are just dying to be in study hall

Advertisement
Love the expressions inside the yellow circle:
E322F129-44BD-4D67-AA2A-DD76C97D5D2D.jpeg

I figured there was a 2nd year in there. And I was doing a rough estimate after taxes. Plus there's the extra money that would come in if the team he's on makes the playoffs. Having said that, my point stands - he'd be throwing away the long term potential to try and make a minimal cash grab on the short term. We've had these same conversations with guys like Streeter, McIntosh, Norton, etc....

Unfortunately we don’t know what his current financial situation is, he may not be in a situation where he can wait it out

I actually feel bad for these kids That we don’t have systems in place to help them financially while they’re in school

I’ve known plenty of ppl who left school early bc they had bills to pay, it’s happens all the time

We just sit and Discuss it bc 1. He’s a football player 2. He is someone who can help us next year, i Bet if he was just a jag we wouldn’t bat an eye at him leaving early

Advertisement
Back