Banda popin’ off at the Fan Base

JJ and particularly Redwine improved dramatically under Banda. Knowles went from a liability to a solid contributor. Gurvan Hall is clearly developing quickly as well and becoming a force in front of our eyes. The Banda sucks as a coach argument jumped the shark a long time ago. Banda and Rumph have developed players better than anyone on the staff.

Advertisement
I’ll admit that I don’t keep up with recruiting but we’ve recruited 5 four star safeties on this roster. Afterwards we moved Frierson to striker but how is that awful recruiting?

Recruiting at UM has been bad across the board, it's a bigger issue than Banda, but in this case, it fits the narrative.

Advertisement
I respect him sticking up for his player but to call us “haters” cause we criticized him is wrong. We don’t hate on players just for the **** of it. He was bad every time he was in the game last 2 seasons. We had every right to not want to see him on the field.

unless this board is going out on his twitter and calling him out, i dont think he specfiically refers to message board posters and stuff. there are people that attack these kids on social media. its what was highlighted in the sept article. i think thats the thing miami fans (the ones that did this to jacory, knowles, etc.) need to learn is that theyre college kids not paid pros. often times, the canes are treated like a pro team when theyre not. these kids take this stuff they see on social media (mentions, etc) to heart.

I respect him sticking up for his player but to call us “haters” cause we criticized him is wrong. We don’t hate on players just for the **** of it. He was bad every time he was in the game last 2 seasons. We had every right to not want to see him on the field.
The chatter re Robert Knowles went well beyond comments of not wanting him on the field.

I’ll admit that I don’t keep up with recruiting but we’ve recruited 5 four star safeties on this roster. Afterwards we moved Frierson to striker but how is that awful recruiting?

Every premier recruit that Banda has targeted over his tenure here he has missed on or had them committed & botched it somehow aside from Gurvan Hall. Hall seemed like he was going to be a Cane regardless of the regime though because he no doubt had big duffel bags offered for his services, but he didn't flake out. Banda isn't a good recruiter & no I don't care what his wife looks like.

Advertisement
The real shame is that a coach has to do this publicly. Trashy *** fanbase.
He works in a result oriented business. Tf you think is going to happen if you losing to ****** teams and your position is getting cut up week in and week out? Get that snowflake **** out of here. Are you really proud of the product miami has been putting out there the last 15 years?

unless this board is going out on his twitter and calling him out, i dont think he specfiically refers to message board posters and stuff. there are people that attack these kids on social media. its what was highlighted in the sept article. i think thats the thing miami fans (the ones that did this to jacory, knowles, etc.) need to learn is that theyre college kids not paid pros. often times, the canes are treated like a pro team when theyre not. these kids take this stuff they see on social media (mentions, etc) to heart.

I agree attacking a kid on social media is wrong and i would never do it but it’s also the way it goes in college football now. Every fan base does this and it’s just something the players will have to get used to and the coaches need to help them ignore it. But also if a kids balling out every week he’s gonna get tons of praise on social media i.e Rousseau. It goes both ways

Welcome to the real world. We ain’t supposed to pat your back when you ***** up.

We’re an entitled bunch on CIS.

It’s cool for us to trash a player who bleeds orange and green but if his coach publicly stands up for him then our feelings get hurt.
I've come to realize that's what a free message board gets you. Mind boggling...

Advertisement
I was one of the biggest RK bashers on here but this kid has stuck with it and has been one our best DB this year.The kid stuck with it even through all the fan hate worked and now is a pretty decent DB.

Kudos to the kid for sticking with it and developing into a good P5 DB.

He said this LONG time ago, before any of this new stuff began going down.
So? We've actually WATCHED almost every safety on our roster develop really well under Banda. But because a wide receiver's uncle said Rumph is the one who actually coaches them, suddenly Banda is undeserving of getting credit for how his players have developed in front of our own eyes? GTFO with that nonsense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Knowles has turned into a serviceable player and he stuck it out and got better. I don’t recall me ever bashing him on here even though I would scream at the tv in the past wondering why he’s even in the game missing tackles and getting beat like a dirty rug. Hats off to him.

Robert Knowles has 27 total tackles for the season... to compare Gurvan Hall has 28 solo tackles and 52 total tackles.

Like I said Knowles gets the most credit, praise from coRches and multiple threads on CIS, for doing the bare minimum.

I’m pretty sure Derrick Smith would’ve had a much bigger impact playing the same role
Gurvan definitely plays more than knowles

Robert Knowles has 27 total tackles for the season... to compare Gurvan Hall has 28 solo tackles and 52 total tackles.

Like I said Knowles gets the most credit, praise from coRches and multiple threads on CIS, for doing the bare minimum.

It’s hilarious. He was so out of position when Cam scored on the flare dump that it wasn’t even funny. He wasn’t even in position to defend a double pass. But, I’m glad he finally had a game where he wasn’t the OBVIOUS weak link on every possession. Good job.

Seems like we have a bunch of Banda clowns on this site. Knowles basically made some routine plays after being around for five or six years. Meanwhile, a much younger guy is playing great football and isn’t getting the same recognition via social media from his coach. Banda is a fraud.

I told that clown that some of us have been around since 1981, and we know what the standard looks like. This isn’t little league where everybody gets a trophy for participation. He needs to shut his pie hole, recruit better, and develop a 1st or 2nd rounder. He has the best back yard in the game - AND - He’s doing less with more.

This dude is basically stroking his own ****. He is basicllay saying looked how much knowles used to suck till I got a hold of him and coached him up.

“5 years later - he isn’t terrible anymore...!”

Advertisement
Back