Banda popin’ off at the Fan Base

This is the same dork who was driving around with the Russell Athletics Bowl trophy to show prospective recruits.

He’s too emotional and prone to fits of sissified nonsense. Knowles plays one decent game after 38 terrible ones in a row, and Coach Ted Lange is crowning him.

Loyalty? LOL. Why wouldn’t Knowles be loyal when he’s been stealing a $150k/year scholarship for 5 years?

Somehow, the Banda Clown Show on this site can’t seem to figure out all of the above. I mean, I want the young man to do well in life. Do great things. But, this notion that I need to cheer him on as he gives up multiple touchdowns Saturday after Saturday is beyond comical.

Advertisement
He loves the kid and has his back. Plus Knowles has played well this season. He has improved. I give the kid credit for sticking it out, showing toughness and improving. I credit Banda for helping him develop. No issue with what he said in his social post. But I don't like for any coach to have rabbit ears. Doesn't send a good message to your players especially when you're telling them not to listen to the noise. Double standard.

Bobby doesn’t need that sh*t. He’s tough. I cheer for Bobby every **** game. And I haven’t had much of any issues with the defense since Banda has been here.

I just wish our coaches would use social media to recruit, not attack the people who have stuck with this team though 15+ years or underperforming.

Reminder, Robert Knowles was extremely hyped by Pete Ariz coming out of Edison. And the staff turned away other highly rated safeties (including one in the NFL) to take Knowles. That’s unfortunate for Knowles because fans were watching him closely the moment he stepped on campus.

It seemed a lot of the criticism of Knowles was really directed towards the coaching staff. When he came on the field, he was targeted by the opposing offense. That’s more on the coaching staff for trotting him out there when it was clear as day that he was going to be a liability.

Furthermore, I don’t see this as defending or congratulating Bobby. He can do that irl.

Robert Knowles has 27 total tackles for the season... to compare Gurvan Hall has 28 solo tackles and 52 total tackles.

Like I said Knowles gets the most credit, praise from coRches and multiple threads on CIS, for doing the bare minimum.

I’m pretty sure Derrick Smith would’ve had a much bigger impact playing the same role
They treat him like one of those Make a wish kids.

He loves the kid and has his back. Plus Knowles has played well this season. He has improved. I give the kid credit for sticking it out, showing toughness and improving. I credit Banda for helping him develop. No issue with what he said in his social post. But I don't like for any coach to have rabbit ears. Doesn't send a good message to your players especially when you're telling them not to listen to the noise. Double standard.
He had this one typed up for 3 years and finally got to post it

Advertisement
Robert Knowles has 27 total tackles for the season... to compare Gurvan Hall has 28 solo tackles and 52 total tackles.

Like I said Knowles gets the most credit, praise from coRches and multiple threads on CIS, for doing the bare minimum.

I’m pretty sure Derrick Smith would’ve had a much bigger impact playing the same role
Yea you definitely dont know football

Anyone saying Banda is a “good coach” doesn’t know the game. I don’t care how many social media sites you’re on talking about the CANES. YOU clearly can’t differentiate between a good DB coach and a mediocre one. “Getting better” is the floor at Miami. Especially at Safety.

Talk to multiple next level scouts about his player development and then get back to me.

Can he become a better coach? Sure. But, he’s average to mediocre right now. And the last thing this idiot needs to be doing is talking to the fans about a 17th year Senior finally making routine plays.

He needs to focus on recruiting better and developing his players on an elite level.

Same Clown show defensive staff that didn't start Rousseau at the beginning of the season and had to have the head coach come in and bust some heads to right the ship is going to take a shot at the fans? Solid move. Knowles should be a star player at FIU or FAU.
15 was injured in fall camp..had a lot to do with him not starting

Advertisement
Knowles didn’t do anything that special. The bar is so low with that guy, so normal plays look spectacular. How many career interceptions does he have? He’s still a liability out there
That play he made vs Pitt was special..ints are he’s made open field tackles all year..he’s been solid all season..

Anyone saying Banda is a “good coach” doesn’t know the game. I don’t care how many social media sites you’re on talking about the CANES. YOU clearly can’t differentiate between a good DB coach and a mediocre one. “Getting better” is the floor at Miami. Especially at Safety.

Talk to multiple next level scouts about his player development and then get back to me.

Can he become a better coach? Sure. But, he’s average to mediocre right now. And the last thing this idiot needs to be doing is talking to the fans about a 17th year Senior finally making routine plays.

He needs to focus on recruiting better and developing his players on an elite level.
When was the last time someone said that about us? I think you take things that are said 5 years ago and make blanket statements. If you don't think our safety play has been good since banda has been here then it's you that doesn't know chit

Advertisement
It is not hating when you say a guy who is playing bad, is playing bad. That's called stating the obvious. Knowles is playing better this season, no doubt, but they need to chill with all this ****.

I have nothing against Banda's coaching -

2016 - Jamal Carter and Rayshawn Jenkins both played great and improved compared to the previous year/staff
2017 - Jaquan had an All American year, and Redwine played solid in his first year at Safety
2018 - Redwine took a big jump in development, and Jaquan was Jaquan. Leaders of our Top 5 defense and #1 Pass Defense
2019 - TBD - but so far, Knowles looks vastly improved, Gurvan is starting to turn the corner and look like a future stud, and Bolden was coming on well too. Amari Carter is better suited as a Striker/Situational blitzer IMO

Recruiting is another story (misses on Jobe, Stevenson, Francois, etc.) and some of that has to do with the overall program issues, but guys should want to play for Banda, IMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back