Banda popin’ off at the Fan Base

Advertisement
Lol the thing is, Knowles was horse **** the last two years... we had the right to dog him when he continually was getting beat... he’s playing well and deserves credit. I hate how some players and coaches on this team are quick to try to clown the fans like we are the enemy when all we want is to win.

With the kinda sh1tshow they put on in the first 5 games, they deserved the negative response from the fans.... especially after the off season BS...

Advertisement
He still played him when he wasn't ready and lost us games so I'd appreciate Banda shutting the **** up
Knowles didn't decide when to play or whether he was ready to play. The guy played hard in practice, and due to some combination of lack of talent in front of him/bad talent evaluation by our coaches/we had no one else, Knowles played before he was ready. And I am pretty sure he knew he wasn't ready, but the player doesn't have a choice when the coach calls the number.
All we can ask for from a player is that he prepares well and gives his best effort. Whether the player is good enough really isn't in the player's control beyond preparation.
Example, when a guy who is 6'8" tall is tasked with guarding Joel Embiid, and gets destroyed, is ti the player's fault that the coach put him in that spot? No.

Knowles didn't decide when to play or whether he was ready to play. The guy played hard in practice, and due to some combination of lack of talent in front of him/bad talent evaluation by our coaches/we had no one else, Knowles played before he was ready. And I am pretty sure he knew he wasn't ready, but the player doesn't have a choice when the coach calls the number.
All we can ask for from a player is that he prepares well and gives his best effort. Whether the player is good enough really isn't in the player's control beyond preparation.
Example, when a guy who is 6'8" tall is tasked with guarding Joel Embiid, and gets destroyed, is ti the player's fault that the coach put him in that spot? No.
I agree 100%. I was saying that Banda put him in bad positions when he wasn't ready which cost the team and it had to have hurt Knowles confidence. I don't blame Knowles, he's also turned into a pretty good player which is cool.

Advertisement
He aint wrong Knowles is a **** good player and idiots on here basically wanted him never to play another down. He wasnt a good player his freshman and soph years but kids get better. He was decent last year and is **** solid this year. Anyone that attacked him and called him names are childish and punks . You support your kids . Doesn't mean you can't be critical but constructively . I suspect the same kind of posters who attacked him behind a keyboard are the same ones who spread that macho homophobic nonsense across the the board that makes it almost unreadable at times.

Stevenson, Battle, Jobe, Francois, Tennison, Avantae Williams, James Williams. Seems like a lot of big time misses IMO. I get it we can’t get everyone but he couldn’t keep one of these kids? If Banda’s such a great coach and developer don’t you think more of these kids would be coming to play here if they felt like that.

Advertisement
And it only took Robert Knowles 5 years for him to “get better”

The big issue is that both DB coaches have stunk it up on the recruiting trail by missing on their top targets. We're taking way too many players that are more suited to play in the box or as a striker, which has to do with us getting out recruited for most of the quality kids that have range.

I don't think position coaches make much of a difference between each other on where these kids get drafted, nor their production on the field. But, since some posters on here put a lot on player development and getting to the league by position coaches. Banda's resume is actually better when it comes to selling kids on "development".

Rumph in 3 years:

Colbert (4-star prospect) - 7h round
Elder (4-star prospect) - 5th Round
Delany (Not Rated, senior transfer from The Citadel) - UDFA
Jackson-Kerr 5th round (4-star on Rivals) - 5th round
Dean (4-star prospect and #2 juco CB) - UDFA. Recently drafted by an XFL team.

Bandy (4-star prospect) - draft eligible in 2020.

Banda in 3:

Jenkins (3-star) - 4th round
Carter (4-star) - UDFA
Johnson (4-star) - 6th round (2nd team all-american)
Redwine (3-star) - 4th round

Carter (3-star) - draft eligible in 2020
Smith (3-star) - draft eligible in 2020
Knowles (2-star) - draft eligible in 2020
Bolden (4-star) - draft eligible in 2020

Stevenson, Battle, Jobe, Francois, Tennison, Avantae Williams, James Williams. Seems like a lot of big time misses IMO. I get it we can’t get everyone but he couldn’t keep one of these kids? If Banda’s such a great coach and developer don’t you think more of these kids would be coming to play here if they felt like that.
Those top tier kids either a) had no interest in playing for a losing miami program and just used us as a front or b) were persuaded by bags.

Advertisement
Those top tier kids either a) had no interest in playing for a losing miami program and just used us as a front or b) were persuaded by bags.
All facts. Most of them didn’t want to come here or got bagged up to go elsewhere. I understand. That’s kind of my point though I know it’s already an uphill battle but he couldn’t win any of these big recruiting battles? Every position coach on Miami’s staff has the same limitations to go up against in recruiting Just like Banda.

Banda is the one coach that is universally loved by all the players. Doesn’t matter if it’s offense or defense. The players love that guy.

Plus, he continues to gain traction and build relationships with HS coaches, too, but most don't want to hear that either.

Advertisement
Back