Banda popin’ off at the Fan Base

Advertisement
The big issue is that both DB coaches have stunk it up on the recruiting trail by missing on their top targets. We're taking way too many players that are more suited to play in the box or as a striker, which has to do with us getting out recruited for most of the quality kids that have range.

I don't think position coaches make much of a difference between each other on where these kids get drafted, nor their production on the field. But, since some posters on here put a lot on player development and getting to the league by position coaches. Banda's resume is actually better when it comes to selling kids on "development".

Rumph in 3 years:

Colbert (4-star prospect) - 7h round
Elder (4-star prospect) - 5th Round
Delany (Not Rated, senior transfer from The Citadel) - UDFA
Jackson-Kerr 5th round (4-star on Rivals) - 5th round
Dean (4-star prospect and #2 juco CB) - UDFA. Recently drafted by an XFL team.

Bandy (4-star prospect) - draft eligible in 2020.

Banda in 3:

Jenkins (3-star) - 4th round
Carter (4-star) - UDFA
Johnson (4-star) - 6th round (2nd team all-american)
Redwine (3-star) - 4th round

Carter (3-star) - draft eligible in 2020
Smith (3-star) - draft eligible in 2020
Knowles (2-star) - draft eligible in 2020
Bolden (4-star) - draft eligible in 2020

You’re giving Banda credit for Jenkins & Carter? 🤣🤣🤣

smith who? The kid that transferred on Banda?

Stevenson, Battle, Jobe, Francois, Tennison, Avantae Williams, James Williams. Seems like a lot of big time misses IMO. I get it we can’t get everyone but he couldn’t keep one of these kids? If Banda’s such a great coach and developer don’t you think more of these kids would be coming to play here if they felt like that.
Huge misses.

banda thinks he makes 300k plus just for him and his family. He don’t get it..

You’re giving Banda credit for Jenkins & Carter? 🤣🤣🤣

smith who? The kid that transferred on Banda?

Same amount of time spent developing that rumph had with Elder, Colbert and Delaney. They try to sell recruits on the idea that they developed those players. That’s what they have to show on paper. Those were they guys and that’s where they went in the draft.

I’ve stated many times that variance from position coaching impact is both minimal and mostly a product of the system and playcalling. Position coaches are told to coach the techniques, alignment, stances and steps that are told to them by the coordinator. Coach Kul would have looked the same as jethro under golden, because he would have been forced to teach them to 2-gap the way that Dnofrio wanted. We’ve had players break records at Miami under golden with first time position coaches, and look mediocre with long-term NFL position coaches. I care more about their ability to acquire to talent, and both have been about the same.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I read a lot of criticism about Banda on these boards, lame cracks about bartending.

For my money, hall, bolden & knowles have progressed more than any other unit over the course of this season. 15 & 94/97 is still the best unit we have, but the safetys aren’t far behind.

This after JJ and Redwine. Banda is good in my book.

I have nightmares every night about another team poaching him from us.

I understand why this team is not good. The coaching staff lost the locker room. When you bring in guys that are transfers that start over guys that were all already here. Why would you let Osborne and Tate start over Cager or Hightower? Guys that committed to UM. Even starting Knowles over Smith was a big mistake. Pope should be starting with Thomas or Wiggins right now.

Same amount of time spent developing that rumph had with Elder, Colbert and Delaney. They try to sell recruits on the idea that they developed those players. That’s what they have to show on paper. Those were they guys and that’s where they went in the draft.

I’ve stated many times that variance from position coaching impact is both minimal and mostly a product of the system and playcalling. Position coaches are told to coach the techniques, alignment, stances and steps that are told to them by the coordinator. Coach Kul would have looked the same as jethro under golden, because he would have been forced to teach them to 2-gap the way that Dnofrio wanted. We’ve had players break records at Miami under golden with first time position coaches, and look mediocre with long-term NFL position coaches. I care more about their ability to acquire to talent, and both have been about the same.
they don’t get any credit for guys that were seniors when they got here.

& position coaches are NOT told what techniques to use by the coordinator in any regard whatsoever.

they don’t get any credit for guys that were seniors when they got here.

& position coaches are NOT told what techniques to use by the coordinator in any regard whatsoever.

What are you talking about? They can take credit for whatever they can sell to anyone, if it’s on paper. If KJ Osborn or any grad senior transfer becomes a good NFL player, you can bet that Miami will take credit for developing him, just how we took credit with Colbert (who we used to recruit delany and dean) who didn’t even play safety at Miami.

Yes, coordinators do tell position coaches what they can’t teach. If a DC wants to run cover 3 in a specific way, then he will tell the DB coach the alignment and steps (shuffle or backpeddle, or shuffle to backpeddle). Same with tackling, as you’ve seen Diaz wanting the whole team to do the rugby style tackle, where you don’t get your head across. All of the coaches had to learn and then teach that technique, regardless of what they have been teaching before. You can give them a few pointers on what to do in specific situations, but most of that info is publicly shared, and doesn’t make as much of a difference in the college game. Playcalling and scheme matter much more, which is why you’ve seen kids break records with inexperienced position coaching, but quality playcalling. I’ve been to enough coaching clinics to hear coaches from different hs’s to Saban to NFL guys. They tell you how they want their system ran, and some position coach isn’t going to come in and tell them how to do it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What are you talking about? They can take credit for whatever they can sell to anyone, if it’s on paper. If KJ Osborn or any grad senior transfer becomes a good NFL player, you can bet that Miami will take credit for developing him, just how we took credit with Colbert (who we used to recruit delany and dean) who didn’t even play safety at Miami.

Yes, coordinators do tell position coaches what they can’t teach. If a DC wants to run cover 3 in a specific way, then he will tell the DB coach the alignment and steps (shuffle or backpeddle, or shuffle to backpeddle). Same with tackling, as you’ve seen Diaz wanting the whole team to do the rugby style tackle, where you don’t get your head across. All of the coaches had to learn and then teach that technique. You can give them a few pointers on what to do in specific situations, but most of that info is public available.

Do you know what DEVELOPMENT is? They take credit and then a rival coach on the recruiting trail shows a player the actual truth. You cannot be this stupid?
They’re not getting credit for elder & Jenkins who were in the program for 3-4 years already had draft grades you dumbass. Osborn was already going to get drafted..he came to Miami to improve his stock..he was not developed here!!!!!!

You don’t understand football.

Again...coordinators DO NOT! I’m tired of telling you this.

You’re comparing tackling to the different techniques a Safety, corner, DT,DE, ILB, OLB would use and not one coordinator in life is giving the techniques for each position coach for each position to use. Your tackling comparison is asinine.

sit down somewhere & STFU

Do you know what DEVELOPMENT is?
They’re not getting credit for elder & Jenkins who were in the program for 3-4 years already had draft grades you dumbass. Osborn was already going to get drafted..he came to Miami to improve his stock..he was not developed here!!!!!!

You don’t understand football.

Again...coordinators DO NOT! I’m tired of telling you this.

You’re comparing tackling to the different techniques a Safety, corner, DT,DE, ILB, OLB would use and not one coordinator in life is giving the techniques for each position coach for each position to use. Your tackling comparison is asinine.

sit down somewhere & STFU

I don’t care what you’re telling me, psycho.

Colbert spent 4 years at Texas and played CB at Miami, yet our coaches took credit for his development when it came to recruits. We even had him talk to visiting recruits at the new facility during junior day or one of those events. If not saying they actually developed him, but it’s definitely used. So, who cares if it ends up helping us. Which rival coach debunked the bs that was being sold to Delany, Dean, and any other corner that was contacted by Colbert?

I used both tackling and a CBs alignment, stance, and steps, as examples. Please learn to read. I’m not going to do it for every position. What the coordinator wants has to be taught to coincide with the system. I’ve heard this straight from coaches at all levels.

When Banda tells the boys at the bar 20 is getting Bolden’s snaps.

1573226386517.gif

Advertisement
I don’t care what you’re telling me, psycho.

Colbert spent 4 years at Texas and played CB at Miami, yet our coaches took credit for his development when it came to recruits. We even had him talk to visiting recruits at the new facility during junior day or one of those events. If not saying they actually developed him, but it’s definitely used. So, who cares if it ends up helping us. Which rival coach debunked the bs that was being sold to Delany, Dean, and any other corner that was contacted by Colbert?

I used both tackling and a CBs alignment, stance, and steps, as examples. Please learn to read. I’m not going to do it for every position. What the coordinator wants has to be taught to coincide with the system. I’ve heard this straight from coaches at all levels.

Link the article of one high school recruit or transfer player..just ONE who stated that Miami appealed to them based on what Banda & Rumph has done with Jenkins, Carter, Colbert, Elder, Dean and Delaney...link that article for me. If you can’t..stfu.

Evidently bc you’re stupid, you think recruits and their parents are too so they’re just going to accept their pitch without even fact checking. Guys that aren’t really excelling in the NFL either. Again..stfu.

Your are complete and utterly clueless about football. A coordinator may suggest or even outright inform the position coaches about alignment but that’s about it dufus & tackling is universal & that’s going to matter most to his system but the techniques on how to play, stance, all come from the position coach dummy. Learn football.

Link the article of one high school recruit or transfer player..just ONE who stated that Miami appealed to them based on what Banda & Rumph has done with Jenkins, Carter, Colbert, Elder, Dean and Delaney...link that article for me. If you can’t..stfu.

Evidently bc you’re stupid, you think recruits and their parents are too so they’re just going to accept their pitch without even fact checking. Guys that aren’t really excelling in the NFL either. Again..stfu.

Your are complete and utterly clueless about football. A coordinator may suggest or even outright inform the position coaches about alignment but that’s about it dufus & tackling is universal & that’s going to matter most to his system but the techniques on how to play, stance, all come from the position coach dummy. Learn football.

Learn to read. I said that Miami would use it to help them recruit, which they did.

One of many:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/the-work-2-27.117964/

Here he was helping us personally after he already finished his career at Miami. It was often mention how Colbert would help us in recruiting. Do you really think he told Delany: “They didn’t help me get any better, but here’s why I think you should come here.”

Utterly clueless about football. Yeah, I bet what all those coaches told me and all my years coaching, as well was just wrong. Should have listened to Tee3000 so I could have been fired in year 1 and got disinterested enough with football, that I wouldn’t be going back and forth with his stupid ***.

Advertisement
Banda is the one coach that is universally loved by all the players. Doesn’t matter if it’s offense or defense. The players love that guy.

Loving a loser would explains the 5-4 record

Last edited:
yeah, that explains it. I’m sure it has nothing to do with our awful special teams play & terrible red zone & 3rd down offense earlier in the year. It’s all on Banda how exactly? LOL

WTF does loving a coach have to do with wins and loses?? You defending a career loser on the recruiting front and on the field...Banda must have poured you a nice drink

Advertisement
Back