Banda popin’ off at the Fan Base

Advertisement
Knowles has raised himself to a serviceable backup. That’s a long way from the worst player in UM history that got equal playing time. Which was clearly his status until this season. That being said, he doesn’t deserve praise on social media. I didn’t see him wearing the chain, sacking anyone, forcing a fumble, etc. He did his job tackling some guys and not giving up big pass plays. That’s what you’re supposed to do. Panda is out there making it sound like he played Rousseau style. Hopefully he’s praising the kid to get his confidence up now that Bolden is out. It’s still lame but I get it.

Knowles was bad The past 2 years, he’s better this year. Both things can be true I have no problem Banda defending his guy.

And it only took Robert Knowles 5 years for him to “get better”
My untrained eye tells me that once we got a safety with Bolden’s range, it allowed Hall/Knowles/Carter to play more SS, downhill stuff, which is their natural position. It makes it harder to pick on knowles for his lack of range when we aren’t asking him to cover as much ground. The natural progression is we can then disguise looks and coverages more, and the unit looks better as a whole. My guess is we will see regression if bolden misses time.

But I don’t get the knock on Banda as a coach. Guys are complaining that a true soph and a rFr that got through clearinghouse in like mid-September were lined up improperly earlier in the season. As I said earlier, this unit, pound for pound, has shown more progression from beginning of season until now than any other unit.

As far as knowles specifically, he shouldn’t have played so much the 2 previous seasons. But he has come on late in his career to give us solid backup minutes. Not sure why anyone bangs on that. Good for him for sticking with it.

Advertisement
Have we all forgotten when we were trotting out Kacy Rodgers and N. Fentress at safety?

Knowles is doing exactly what he’s asked to do in this defense, props to him on turning it around

Advertisement
Banda is trash, a glorified grad assistant. Like I told him on Twitter, no one in their right mind was rooting against #20. The young man is a fighter, and has done a **** good job of growing and becoming a good role player. That said, a well managed position group wouldn't be leaning on that guy as much as Miami does. Banda doesn't recruit his position worth a ****, misses regularly, and isn't a strong evaluator. Maybe, not just maybe Banda should spend more time doing his job, less time whining like a little girl on social media.

The entire #DontBeAFanLater crap is for easily triggered children, there's a difference between legit criticism and hating. People had legit criticisms about #20 throughout his career, why shouldn't they be stated? Then again, when you are so mentally weak, you feel the need to complain about that on social media, AS A GROWN MAN, it's proof that you have no future as a coach. Think Corey Raymond is whining about that? Exactly.

Banda nothing but a GLORIFIED cheer leader. Nevertheless, I think Diaz has " toned down " his cheer leading antics this season.

His job isn’t to be a public hype man for individual players. By doing this dumb emotional **** he’s just putting a bigger target on Knowles the next time he fcks up. Corches shouldn’t be involved in starting beef with their own fan base. It never ends well.
So 1 or a couple tweets make him an emotional hype man ? Lmao

The 🐐 that once wore the number in that tweet should have his job but I get what he is saying or trying to say.

.... man, Ed Reed wants to smoke cigars, play golf and drink top shelf liquor. Dude wants no part of 70+ hour work weeks; sitting a high school games on Friday night in Apopka, trying to sell some 16-year old on coming to Miami. Please.

.... man, Ed Reed wants to smoke cigars, play golf and drink top shelf liquor. Dude wants no part of 70+ hour work weeks; sitting a high school games on Friday night in Apopka, trying to sell some 16-year old on coming to Miami. Please.

You must not be keeping up. He has been tweeting about wanting to coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My untrained eye tells me that once we got a safety with Bolden’s range, it allowed Hall/Knowles/Carter to play more SS, downhill stuff, which is their natural position. It makes it harder to pick on knowles for his lack of range when we aren’t asking him to cover as much ground. The natural progression is we can then disguise looks and coverages more, and the unit looks better as a whole. My guess is we will see regression if bolden misses time.

But I don’t get the knock on Banda as a coach. Guys are complaining that a true soph and a rFr that got through clearinghouse in like mid-September were lined up improperly earlier in the season. As I said earlier, this unit, pound for pound, has shown more progression from beginning of season until now than any other unit.

As far as knowles specifically, he shouldn’t have played so much the 2 previous seasons. But he has come on late in his career to give us solid backup minutes. Not sure why anyone bangs on that. Good for him for sticking with it.
With Bolden out for the year, i think Hall is best equipped to handle that role, but he is a step down as far as ranginess. It also means when he gets spelled, we are probably looking at Knowles & Carter. That’s how you get picked on, especially by a guy like LVille’s coach.

Since before he got here, I said we’d need Bolden’s range for this safety unit to make strides. It proved to be correct. I’d argue that while Hall might be the better overall player right now, losing Bolden is a way bigger blow because the remaining safety’s don’t compliment each other well. Bolden was the straw that stirs the drink. The other 3 guys are more or less interchangeable in that SS role, if paired besides Bolden.

So my guess is CIS will be calling for the heads of Banda and Knowles as soon as next weekend.

Advertisement
Don’t care.

They beat a 4-4 team, but lost to North Carolina snd Georgia Tech.

They deserved all the heat they was getting, just like they deserve the credit for playing well against FSU

They have earned all the criticism and praise they’ve got this year. It’s 100 percent on them.

All in all, this season has not been to Miami standard.

You don’t get to show up one day and “redeem” yourself. You have to show up every **** day. You have to play like that EVERY **** Saturday. That’s what real Miami Hurricanes football is about

Advertisement
Back