Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Miami is mediocre because we hire ****** coaches and refuse to pay our proven coaches big time salaries. That's why a guy like Kool, Cristobal or Pannunzio leave for Bama. We can, however, counteract that by hiring, young, hungry innovative coaches from group of 5 schools. Lets not act like we can't outbid Utah State for an OC or San Diego State for their DC.
Preach!

Advertisement
Cut the bs. Lazy hire yes but it might be the right move. These two know this defense inside and out. Doesn’t affect us with our targets right now. Defense was not the problem last year. Bama has co coordinators and so does tOSU. The whining about no experience is BS. FSU hired Pruitt to run their defense three years removed from being a high school coach in Alabama. If the results end up that we’re still a highly ranked defensive unit I won’t care if it was a lazy hire and I doubt any of you will. These two have had success with their units everywhere they go, I think that continues.

Cut the bs. Lazy hire yes but it might be the right move. These two know this defense inside and out. Doesn’t affect us with our targets right now. Defense was not the problem last year. Bama has co coordinators and so does tOSU. The whining about no experience is BS. FSU hired Pruitt to run their defense three years removed from being a high school coach in Alabama. If the results end up that we’re still a highly ranked defensive unit I won’t care if it was a lazy hire and I doubt any of you will. These two have had success with their units everywhere they go, I think that continues.
Everywhere they go? Banda has only been an on field coach at Miami. Patke is not even a year into his on field coaching career. So no they don't have a track record of success "everywhere they go" because the only place they have been where they have been responsible for a unit is here at Miami.

Everywhere they go? Banda has only been an on field coach at Miami. Patke is not even a year into his on field coaching career. So no they don't have a track record of success "everywhere they go" because the only place they have been where they have been responsible for a unit is here at Miami.

Just because he wasn’t on the field doesn’t mean he didn’t have success. He was a grad assistant with Texas and miss state and look at the success of the units he worked with. He’s showed he can coach on the field at Miami. Patke is one year in. Still years of breaking down film and helping players learn how to PLAY in THIS DEFENSE. As I said lazy In terms of it not being splash hire or name, but these guys know the defense that we’ve had success with over the last three years.

Just because he wasn’t on the field doesn’t mean he didn’t have success. He was a grad assistant with Texas and miss state and look at the success of the units he worked with. He’s showed he can coach on the field at Miami. Patke is one year in. Still years of breaking down film and helping players learn how to PLAY in THIS DEFENSE. As I said lazy In terms of it not being splash hire or name, but these guys know the defense that we’ve had success with over the last three years.
There is a big jump from position coach to defensive coordinator. Especially when it is in house and now guys you where working with as equals you are now in charge of. These guys have 0 experience at being a defensive coordinator. That is a fact. We have 2 guys who are going to cut their teeth at Miami. And it's even more ridiculous when you realize they haven't even been position coaches for long. Not like some veteran who's been coaching defensive backs for 8-10 years or something. These two are brand spanking new. Terrible hires all around.

Advertisement

This post is the truth and it will be interesting to see what's said when this works out very well next year against average to horrible offenses we play in 2019.

I can see it now..."but we play no one. If we did I would be right." "Richt deserves no credit. This was a horrible decision but somehow it worked out for him." , etc.

I'll say it again, this was the best move not only to salvage what was turning out to be a bloodbath in recruiting for this year and 2020 but also for the overall health on the defensive side of the ball. This gives us a real chance to hold onto the Junior LB and keeps current players from overly thinking of transferring because they are no longer playing for the coach/coaches they committed to.

I have faith that Richt will hire a OC which will free him and Simpson up to help with overseeing all things that are happening on both sides of the ball.

Hiring an big time OC ....fires himself as the OC though. I have no faith in the situation and can see them simply just bringing in a special teams coach or promoting one of the current GA's or some sh*t
Jon richt oc 2019........

Since you claim his units have had success with respect to Patke other than at Miami name the units he was responsible for at UT, La Tech and MSU and then show how his units (not the entire defense) was successful. I don't think you really can because you don't know what he really was responsible for during those stints. So it's pure speculation based when you say his units are successful everywhere he's been. Also, I wouldn't want to attribute the success / failures of a defense to a graduate assistant or analyst.

He may be a great hire in the long run. But as a coach he has little to no track record of success. I do hope he becomes a success because that would help the canes. Also if it is true that Banda is basically the hype man and he is the x-and-o guy I really hope he knows his stuff and can translate that on to on-field production.

Advertisement
There is a big jump from position coach to defensive coordinator. Especially when it is in house and now guys you where working with as equals you are now in charge of. These guys have 0 experience at being a defensive coordinator. That is a fact. We have 2 guys who are going to cut their teeth at Miami. And it's even more ridiculous when you realize they haven't even been position coaches for long. Not like some veteran who's been coaching defensive backs for 8-10 years or something. These two are brand spanking new. Terrible hires all around.

Overthinking it. Position coaches get coordinater jobs every year. You gotta start somewhere. Results is all I’m focused on. Don’t care who and how we get there.

Last edited:
This s a joke, right?
This is Richt’s effort to force James to fire him.

Richt is holding the program hostage and daring the Admin to take him out.

It’s pathetic, sad, disgraceful and proof that all his talk about religion and doing the right thing is just horsepoop.

Richt is WORSE than Golden. WORSE than Shannon. WORSE than Coker.

Nothing else to say.

For the record, Sabag didn't hire Durkin. He released a statement yesterday saying that Durkin was on campus doing research on how they run their program as has many other coaches in the past. Additionally, Sabag stated that Durkin was in no way an employee of UA.
Co-DC, co-OC, no leadership.

#firemorkPrichtnow

#prichtisworsethangolden

This post is the truth and it will be interesting to see what's said when this works out very well next year against average to horrible offenses we play in 2019.

I can see it now..."but we play no one. If we did I would be right." "Richt deserves no credit. This was a horrible decision but somehow it worked out for him." , etc.

I'll say it again, this was the best move not only to salvage what was turning out to be a bloodbath in recruiting for this year and 2020 but also for the overall health on the defensive side of the ball. This gives us a real chance to hold onto the Junior LB and keeps current players from overly thinking of transferring because they are no longer playing for the coach/coaches they committed to.

I have faith that Richt will hire a OC which will free him and Simpson up to help with overseeing all things that are happening on both sides of the ball.

And what will you say if it doesn’t work out as well as you claim it will??

Can you al least admit that it was lazy?

Can you at least admit that it would have been better to do the proper due diligence and see if you can get the best DC possible?
Maybe a stablished one?
Heaven forbid maybe a big name?
Can you admit that this shouldn’t be your first option before seeing what possible?
And finally could you admit that there’s ZERO evidence that Richt is going to hire a OC?
And what will you say when he doesn’t?

Advertisement
And what will you say if it doesn’t work out as well as you claim it will??

Can you al least admit that it was lazy?

Can you at least admit that it would have been better to do the proper due diligence and see if you can get the best DC possible?
Maybe a stablished one?
Heaven forbid maybe a big name?
Can you admit that this shouldn’t be your first option before seeing what possible?
And finally could you admit that there’s ZERO evidence that Richt is going to hire a OC?
And what will you say when he doesn’t?

Look man I'm not saying I know all the answers but I can use common sense to reach conclusions. Will I be right? Only time will tell but I'd rather be optimistic and not just spew hateful and stupid comments like some posters on here do.

Also Sam Brooks just recommitted back to the program and his apology on twitter is well written and seems sincere.

The first positive sign to show that we will be fine under Banda/Patke/Simpson. I expect and hope alot more commits to come after this weekend when the staff shows that the program is stable and fine on the D side of the ball.

GO CANES!!!

Look man I'm not saying I know all the answers but I can use common sense to reach conclusions. Will I be right? Only time will tell but I'd rather be optimistic and not just spew hateful and stupid comments like some posters on here do.

Also Sam Brooks just recommitted back to the program and his apology on twitter is well written and seems sincere.

The first positive sign to show that we will be fine under Banda/Patke/Simpson. I expect and hope alot more commits to come after this weekend when the staff shows that the program is stable and fine on the D side of the ball.

GO CANES!!!
Yeah baby! Sam is back! Can't afford to lose a 190lb 3 star linebacker!

GO CANES!!!

I must admit i criticized the move but seems like the kids like them.

Advertisement
Since you claim his units have had success with respect to Patke other than at Miami name the units he was responsible for at UT, La Tech and MSU and then show how his units (not the entire defense) was successful. I don't think you really can because you don't know what he really was responsible for during those stints. So it's pure speculation based when you say his units are successful everywhere he's been. Also, I wouldn't want to attribute the success / failures of a defense to a graduate assistant or analyst.

He may be a great hire in the long run. But as a coach he has little to no track record of success. I do hope he becomes a success because that would help the canes. Also if it is true that Banda is basically the hype man and he is the x-and-o guy I really hope he knows his stuff and can translate that on to on-field production.
Patke is the only hope this works. Banda is basically flavor flav to patke chuck d in this instance cause banda is worthless from a coaching standpoint.

This is Richt’s effort to force James to fire him.

Richt is holding the program hostage and daring the Admin to take him out.

It’s pathetic, sad, disgraceful and proof that all his talk about religion and doing the right thing is just horsepoop.

Richt is WORSE than Golden. WORSE than Shannon. WORSE than Coker.

Nothing else to say.

Since you've got nothing else to say, take your ***** *** back to the WEZ and continue to beat your **** over Butch Davis.

Advertisement
Back