Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Fvck no. DJ trippin. I see his point but that takes out of the equation the fact that banda is clueless when it comes to coaching and ANYTHING on the field. Patke is basically a less imaginative Larry Coker. Suppose that's why hes co. Patke knows his **** & bands may salvage the recruiting class. But hey let's celebrate the impact of this latest kid we flipped from app state some more. Fvck this class if we gotta try to salvage that. Richt patke and banda can all kick rocks. Pretty obvious now what his answer is to the board about an oc. He wants to keep total control. No other way to spin this... golden 2.0

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

This staff really feels like one of the many victims of Bobby Fischer marathon chess matches. We make 1 move while our opponents make 8. FML

Advertisement
It’s about PERCEPTION. Kids know this is a joke and so do other coaches. They are gonna be laughing at us in living rooms before signing day. It’s gonna take a miracle for Richt to be here in 3 years. So why would he bank on these two guys developing into great coaches? He doesn’t have enough time for that. He needed to make a splash hire and he didn’t. If they miss on the tops guys this year it was all for nothing, and the whole staff deserves to be shown the door. What a joke

It’s about PERCEPTION. Kids know this is a joke and so do other coaches. They are gonna be laughing at us in living rooms before signing day. It’s gonna take a miracle for Richt to be here in 3 years. So why would he bank on these two guys developing into great coaches? He doesn’t have enough time for that. He needed to make a splash hire and he didn’t. If they miss on the tops guys this year it was all for nothing, and the whole staff deserves to be shown the door. What a joke
You fit right in.

Advertisement
You guys have no idea how Rumph feels/is feeling about this situation. It's like everything else that happens on this board which can be summed up in one word....overreaction.

Overreaction? We were 7-5 despite playing a garbage schedule. Our recruiting class is a dumpster fire. We just lost our only defensive coach with any meaningful P5 coaching experience and are now left with a 4 coach defensive staff that between them has 1, 1, 3, and 3 years of P5 experience. Our offensive coordinator is using plays that allegedly have “worked for 30 years” and we have no coaches on defense that have experience calling plays at the college level. So how exactly is the reaction on the board an overreaction?

Overreaction? We were 7-5 despite playing a garbage schedule. Our recruiting class is a dumpster fire. We just lost our only defensive coach with any meaningful P5 coaching experience and are now left with a 4 coach defensive staff that between them has 1, 1, 3, and 3 years of P5 experience. Our offensive coordinator is using plays that allegedly have “worked for 30 years” and we have no coaches on defense that have experience calling plays at the college level. So how exactly is the reaction on the board an overreaction?
preach!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
The evidence is the obvious money left on the table. Whoever Richt hires next, he will have a lot of money to pay. So Richt is either reducing payroll or hiring an OC.

Agree with this. There has to be another hire coming soon.

Advertisement
Bama hires DJ Durkin as an analyst while we make an absolute nobody named Patke co-DC.

I really don’t get it. I really think we could have done better than Banda as our DC but I can swallow him staying on in this role for recruiting purposes. But there is absolutely no reason to put Patke in this role for a guy that
has 1 YEAR of P5 coaching experience

Bama hires DJ Durkin as an analyst while we make an absolute nobody named Patke co-DC.

I really don’t get it. I really think we could have done better than Banda as our DC but I can swallow him staying on in this role for recruiting purposes. But there is absolutely no reason to put Patke in this role for a guy that
has 1 YEAR of P5 coaching experience
For the record, Sabag didn't hire Durkin. He released a statement yesterday saying that Durkin was on campus doing research on how they run their program as has many other coaches in the past. Additionally, Sabag stated that Durkin was in no way an employee of UA.

Mayb Richt got tired of the defense out shinning him. It was getting bad, even in player interviews. Everybody knew the defense was championship caliber, and his offense was hot garbage. So he goes with the inexpirienced hires to try to outshine the defense and put blame on them. The funny part is going to be when the first time coaches get the players to execute and do their job, and Richt still cant get his side to.

Advertisement
Back