Banda Gone To Utah St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I could see him bringing in a legit DB coach who will assume the playcalling role. Baker will be Co-DC/LB coach and will assist in game planning.

Not the changes anyone envisioned, but Manny is making his death bed as we speak. If he fails, he’ll have no one to blame but himself.

agreed.

I could see him bringing in a legit DB coach who will assume the playcalling role. Baker will be Co-DC/LB coach and will assist in game planning.

Not the changes anyone envisioned, but Manny is making his death bed as we speak. If he fails, he’ll have no one to blame but himself.
This is what I’ve always thought , I’ve actually posted it. That’s just an educated guess.

Advertisement
If manny doesn’t let go of Baker it must be because he really really believes in him (or he’s an idiot). Manny has to go that if it doesn’t work he’ll get fired and then nobody will touch him. This is his dream job, don’t think he’s gonna be complacent

The only guy on the defensive staff that could recruit. It makes no difference who is hired if Blake stays.

Unless it's Ed Reed and he can take over the coordinator spot the following year. Miss me with "he hasn't coached." He's over qualified.
Please can we get Ed? If I had a kid that was looking to play safety at the college level I would steer him to Ed no matter what school he was at.

I can’t imagine a better mentor for a kid trying to develop as a safety

Advertisement
My prediction on the rest:

— Rumph is shown the door.

— Patke relegated to special teams only.

— Stroud moved back to an off-the-field role. Will be replaced by a quality DL coach.

— New coach hired to tweak the scheme, call plays on defense, and coach the entire secondary.

— Baker demoted to coaching all LBs. He will maintain the title of “Co-DC,” but will not be calling plays anymore.

Not the wholesale changes that most of us hoped for, but Diaz now has no one to blame but himself if this fails. If we have another lackluster year, he will be gone.

Get Monroe from syracuse. He recruits florida heavy already and he can coach.
Is that their current DC? Whoever their new DC was this year actually did okay at making chicken salad out of chicken ****.

Advertisement
New autonomous DC is all that matters. Losing a few position coaches isn’t going to help anything. Manure needs an immediate fix. A 2021 fix. He doesn’t have the luxury of waiting two years while the new position coaches recruit marginally better than the old ones.

By the time Rump’s replacement starts bearing fruit recruiting, Manure will be gone. As far as Banda goes, he was the only guy recruiting on D, so it’s nothing to celebrate that he’s gone.

Nunn is a long drawn out story. We screwed that up more than he was taken. But I expect to go co dc route , with play calling experience. At least they should. Maybe make a call to his temple guy now at Rutgers.
Fran Brown, I think, is the guy you’re talking about.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back