Banda Gone To Utah St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
New autonomous DC is all that matters. Losing a few position coaches isn’t going to help anything. Manure needs an immediate fix. A 2021 fix. He doesn’t have the luxury of waiting two years while the new position coaches recruit marginally better than the old ones.

By the time Rump’s replacement starts bearing fruit recruiting, Manure will be gone. As far as Banda goes, he was the only guy recruiting on D, so it’s nothing to celebrate that he’s gone.
I obviously want a fresh start on defence, but bringing in qualified position coaches would make a world of difference. Banda, Rumph, Patke and Baker don't develop players. At least not to a noticeable degree.

My prediction on the rest:

— Rumph is shown the door.

— Patke relegated to special teams only.

— Stroud moved back to an off-the-field role. Will be replaced by a quality DL coach.

— New coach hired to tweak the scheme, call plays on defense, and coach the entire secondary.

— Baker demoted to coaching all LBs. He will maintain the title of “Co-DC,” but will not be calling plays anymore.

Not the wholesale changes that most of us hoped for, but Diaz now has no one to blame but himself if this fails. If we have another lackluster year, he will be gone.
If I had to take a guess at who this new coach will be:

Nunn is a long drawn out story. We screwed that up more than he was taken. But I expect to go co dc route , with play calling experience. At least they should. Maybe make a call to his temple guy now at Rutgers.
Nah I’m good on brown. His ties are to Jersey and philly

— Stroud moved back to an off-the-field role. Will be replaced by a quality DL coach.

— New coach hired to tweak the scheme, call plays on defense, and coach the entire secondary.

— Baker demoted to coaching all LBs. He will maintain the title of “Co-DC,” but will not be calling plays anymore.

Not the wholesale changes that most of us hoped for, but Diaz now has no one to blame but himself if this fails. If we have another lackluster year, he will be gone.
Banda takes patke. Baker and rumph are let go. No idea about stroud

Advertisement
Advertisement
New autonomous DC is all that matters. Losing a few position coaches isn’t going to help anything. Manure needs an immediate fix. A 2021 fix. He doesn’t have the luxury of waiting two years while the new position coaches recruit marginally better than the old ones.

By the time Rump’s replacement starts bearing fruit recruiting, Manure will be gone. As far as Banda goes, he was the only guy recruiting on D, so it’s nothing to celebrate that he’s gone.
That’s why you have to being in guys who are familiar with recruiting florida.

Advertisement
You really think Baker stays?

Stroud almost died this year. He was originally hired to be an off-the-field guy. It makes sense that he would return in that capacity for health reasons.

he just said baker and rumph are let go

Differentiating stories about what he wants to do.

His gig right now is awesome , come and go as you want with no responsibility. And get paid well. No recruiting , running up and down the roads kissing kids asses. He’s just a name and face.
Yah, I doubt he wants the day-to-day headache of a position coach. It's a big commitment.

I thinl that's exactly what Manny wants him to be. I thonk he doesn't want anyone that threatens the perception of running the team. Some have commented (me included), at times, Lashlee looks the the HC and Diaz the assistant.

Advertisement

As guesses go, that looks pretty **** solid. Manure won’t fire his sons, and it’ll ultimately hasten his demise.

Yah, I doubt he wants the day-to-day headache of a position coach. It's a big commitment.
Compared to what he does now it’s night and day. Completely different lifestyles. Dude does what he wants , when he wants while making good money. A coaches life at any level is a major difference.

Maybe he decides to get into coaching but this dude is living the life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back