Bama vs Gators (SEC Championship) - Game Thread

Advertisement
No it’s not. It’s a fun game if you like offense. It’s a disgrace two teams give up this many points in a conference championship
Yes it is. There is suspense, there is momentum swings, it is a one possession game under 2:00 minutes. I suppose a score of 3 to 0 is a great game to you?

tbh i'm still curious to see how the brevin vs pitts convo plays out in the NFL. big WR type TEs like njoku and engram haven't translated all that well recently. there aren't guys in college who have the size/speed to stay w/ pitts but that will change in the NFL. i don't think he will be a bust, he's clearly very good, but the game will be much harder for him. brevin's main issue is that he can't stay healthy in college so it doesn't bode well for the NFL -- but his body type and skillset are still pretty well suited for the NFL game. again tho... he needs to be able to stay on the field.

Advertisement
I hate to admit this, because I abhor the Gaytes, but these jabronies are showing the fight that we lack every single time that we play in a big game.

As I have stated before, this all goes back to coaching and the personality of the head coach. Mullen is a corny *** dude, but he can coach (and has a staff that can coach and develop his players). He also has a pulse, unlike Manolo, who has proven to be a major beta male.

I will consider it a moral victory if we can keep Bama to under 70 points, and if we can score more than 10 on them in next season’s opener.
Is any thread safe from Diaz criticism?

It's a game between the Gators and the Crimson Tide. There's literally dozens of threads to mope about our HC.

They lost to a 3-5 LSU team as 23.5 point favorites at home
Every team will have a game every season where they will play down to their competition.

The fact is that Mullen has had his club fighting in every big game. Manolo’s team by and large underperforms, and NEVER shows up against big time opponents. That’s just facts!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the first time that I have seen him play, all I knew about him was what I read on this board towards the beginning of the season when everyone was saying Brevin was better than him. I love Jordan, but cotdam is Pitts good.
That’s my point in my posts.. this board went out their way to mention pitts. Now let’s be men and admit our wrongs and give him his flowers

It's not like Miami is littered with vertical guys to run those routes, so this could open up options.....and it's not like Fitz's arm was built for deep shots. Playcalling has been very conservative since Tua took over.

Also, i don't see Gailey being there very long. You draft the best player period and adjust the offense. Devonta can do more than vertical routes anyway. He's shown that tonight and many other games. He even plays the slot.
It doesn’t matter if it’s Gailey or somebody else. That’s not what Flores wants. Last year’s O was over the middle of the field as well. It’s also why Devante has blossomed a bit as well. Playing in the middle of the field has nothing to do with arm strength. Just look at last game vs. the Chiefs when they did open it up in the 4th. It was the middle of the field they targeted.

Advertisement
They lost to a 3-5 LSU team as 23.5 point favorites at home

I think they were looking past a bad LSU team. What impresses me is them giving a game to a Bama team that out talents them by a large margin. They were at least in that game. I don't think the players go hard for Diaz. I'm not one of the "fire Diaz" crowd but he's had teams quit on him twice.

Advertisement
Back