bama commit Christian Williams visiting

Lol. Cmon D. Rumph is buns and you know it. He struck out on a very long list of guys since he’s been here.

His best player to date is Adrian Colbert. Who has he really developed?
michael_jackson_1-.jpg

Advertisement
So what do you guys think is more important if you could only have one; a good recruiter who can't coach or a good coach who can't recruit?

Last 3 games prolly phucked up our chances....look at the coaches who left for uga and bama....all of the sudden they have become better recruiters....I know they got bags....but we can't recruit with the bigdogs losing like we do... especially getting bi+c# slapped by weak *** teams...we gotta win the coastal a few years in a row...play Clemson tough and win a bowl game against a quality top 10 opponent....then we will start stacking those top 4-5* recruits at money positions like DT and CB....
I agree with that but I just think an upgrade is due at cb coach. He’s had 4 years and no real improvement. All I can say is thank god for the portal as a bridge to get us to where we want to be, which you listed above.

Advertisement
Your CB coach HAS TO BE an ace. HAS TO BE! We are so blessed to live in a world where guys like Ivey and Bandy fall in our laps. It’d be ugly if we didn’t.

The bolded sentence says it all. Talented corners fall into our laps. It is much more important to have a guy who can coach them up.

Rumph's recruiting is fair game for criticism. It's part of his job. But calling for his firing just sounds silly when he is producing excellent cornerback play.

So what do you guys think is more important if you could only have one; a good recruiter who can't coach or a good coach who can't recruit?

A good recruiter - you are ensured to have you numbers aligned and talent that could cover up deficiency in coaching.

Both have there benefits though. I don't believe the staff (Rumph) is currently hitting the mark on the numbers needed.

Lol. Cmon D. Rumph is buns and you know it. He struck out on a very long list of guys since he’s been here.

His best player to date is Adrian Colbert. Who has he really developed?

You saw no difference between Corn Elder his only year under Rumph compared to what he was before? How about Bandy from year one to year two?

Some of you are so obsessed with the “whiffs” that you’re blind to the successes he’s rolling out there every Saturday.

I agree with that but I just think an upgrade is due at cb coach. He’s had 4 years and no real improvement. All I can say is thank god for the portal as a bridge to get us to where we want to be, which you listed above.
I cannot argue with that ... especially if we have a winning season....he should definitely be able to land a top 3 cb...

Advertisement
Here's the real question if Mike Rumph was let go right now how quickly would he be hired or have his phone blowing up with offers?

A good recruiter - you are ensured to have you numbers aligned and talent that could cover up deficiency in coaching.

Both have there benefits though. I don't believe the staff (Rumph) is currently hitting the mark on the numbers needed.
The opposite can be said as well. An HC can compensate for below average recruiter by selling the development and coaching angle. Thoughts.

Lol, so the recruiting vets blame this on Rumph when we didn't get on this kid until Novemberish. Real tears... lmao so let me think because we have spots available because we played so poorly this year and got beat 35-3 in the last game we fielded a team.

Some of you guys are inflating a UM offer. We are a middle tier program. Until we win 10 games at least 3 or 4 years straight... I'm not going to be mad at Rumph some guys are overrated. I just want a winning consistent program. Is that too much to ask?

FSU and UF are middling programs that have no problems snatching up premium Dbs.

**** South Carolina just beat us out for one essentially..they have NEVER been more than Middle tier.

The bolded sentence says it all. Talented corners fall into our laps. It is much more important to have a guy who can coach them up.

Rumph's recruiting is fair game for criticism. It's part of his job. But calling for his firing just sounds silly when he is producing excellent cornerback play.
My issue is with Rumph's recruiting board and recruiting strategy. Feels like the CB board had Couch and then we tried to recruit Williams/Elam/Dent at the last possible minute . WTF did he do all year from a recruiting standpoint?

Advertisement

I can live with Rumph...And agree he is coaching well. But why was Jhavonte Dean on the field? Kid had a target on him all season.

Mike Jackson? Dude was a certified bum that was on everyone's list of kids who needed to get cut similar to Bar milo, Tyreic Martin etc...

This is a MYTH. Mike Jack was in the rotation from the day he stepped on campus...and played on all special teams units. The only people who had him on a list to transfer are people that dont/didnt know football. Jackson essentially played as much as Al Blades played as a freshman...the people that wanted him gone or to transfer never wanted him from his recruitment.

Advertisement

And this is why Rumph was retained after a hard look by Diaz

Here's the real question if Mike Rumph was let go right now how quickly would he be hired or have his phone blowing up with offers?

Quickly. Even Searles found a gig and our O-Line stunk. Rumph has ties to the area and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him recruit better somewhere else

Advertisement
Back