bama commit Christian Williams visiting

Advertisement
This is a MYTH. Mike Jack was in the rotation from the day he stepped on campus...and played on all special teams units. The only people who had him on a list to transfer are people that dont/didnt know football. Jackson essentially played as much as Al Blades played as a freshman...the people that wanted him gone or to transfer never wanted him from his recruitment.

Its always easier to have this stance now with the way things turned out...

But Mike Jackson didnt show jack shizz in "rotation" to show he would be a top 2/3 corner in the ACC

Mike Jackson is a testament to Rumphs coaching.... He might suck at kissing *** with 5 stars but he can coach up some decent technique... I think we will see this more with Ivey and Blades this season

At his position...a recruiter. Its a cb...either you have it or dont...there is only but so much a cb coach can do.

GIVE ME THE RECRUITER.
I'm not sure it's that black and white. I get your point, especially at that position, but we've seen the 5 star T. Howard not live up to expectations and we've seen MJ exceed them. Was it due to coaching or talent?

Quickly. Even Searles found a gig and our O-Line stunk. Rumph has ties to the area and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him recruit better somewhere else
Ok but why? Because what you're saying then says it isn't Rumph because teams will look up Miami pass defense and say "I want him here" so whats the kids reason for saying no because in 3 years I have not seen or read 1 player say a negative word about him

Advertisement

But Mike Jackson didnt show jack shizz in "rotation" to show he would be a top 2/3 corner in the ACC

Mike Jackson is a testament to Rumphs coaching.... He might suck at kissing *** with 5 stars but he can coach up some decent technique... I think we will see this more with Ivey and Blades this season

Not now i was one of the posters screaming for Mike Jackson THEN. Which is why i always call it out when folks come with the "he was left for dead".."he had 2 left feet and 3 eyes" and Rumph turned him into Shawn Springs.

Mike Jack is who he should hang his hat on right now...He should get drafted in top 3 rounds hopefully and then Rumph can start touting guys and i expect his recruiting to rise soon enough.

Not now i was one of the posters screaming for Mike Jackson THEN. Which is why i always call it out when folks come with the "he was left for dead".."he had 2 left feet and 3 eyes" and Rumph turned him into Shawn Springs.

Mike Jack is who he should hang his hat on right now...He should get drafted in top 3 rounds hopefully and then Rumph can start touting guys and i expect his recruiting to rise soon enough.
You were one of them to praise him this was true and even I was iffy not because he wasn't good but I didn't get what Auburn didnt see

Ok but why? Because what you're saying then says it isn't Rumph because teams will look up Miami pass defense and say "I want him here" so whats the kids reason for saying no because in 3 years I have not seen or read 1 player say a negative word about him

You guys keep trying to make recruiting about one thing. The quicker you guys realize it’s about a bunch of things the quicker you’ll realize there is no quick fix. It’s not just about wins, it’s not just about scheme, it’s not just about resume, or just bags. It’s a combination of all that. I don’t know why kids continue to pass on Rumph. If sure years of irrelevance despite one year of fraudulent 10 wins, isn’t helping the overall view of Miami.

Advertisement
Rumph vs Raymond, what could go wrong?

Your CB coach HAS TO BE an ace. HAS TO BE! We are so blessed to live in a world where guys like Ivey and Bandy fall in our laps. It’d be ugly if we didn’t.

Defensive recruiting it going to continue to be an issue with elite kids. I think Raymond has more college coaching experience than all our Defensive position coaches combined (Simpson/Rumph/Banda/Patke).

We’ll still get kids who want to play for the Home Team or have always loved Miami. The key is going to be prioritizing them from the beginning.

But we are not going to be landing big names because of our coaches, they just don’t have the resume to compete.

For the crowd that is overhyping the top 5 finish on pass defense, look at the offenses we faced please, even with that to sell for the players Rumph can’t bring quality CBs over consistently, it’s a problem.

Rumph is fine right now. We will see how it goes this year with players that he recruited being elevated to starters and we will witness the development skills that he’s supposed to have.

Either way only being able to bring in a low 4 star at Miami is downright pathetic, if his guys perform well this year we should treat him like kool, it’s worth to keep him because he is a good coach, but we need to hire somebody to recruit for him. Every 50/50 prospect is a L.
I don’t get defending Rumph recruitment at this point, it’s mediocre at best, and this win 10 games consistently and they’ll come, how are we going to win without the players?

Mike fell in every mock draft out there....he started off as a potential 1st rounder...the scouts had to see a drop-off in his performance....for the most part, I thought he held his own...maybe he can improve his stock at the combine or pro day....I think he has to run in the 4.4s or low 4.5s to improve his stock....

Advertisement
FSU and UF are middling programs that have no problems snatching up premium Dbs.

**** South Carolina just beat us out for one essentially..they have NEVER been more than Middle tier.

FSU and UF are snatching up THEIR SHARE, just like us. And both of those schools have put more guys in the league over the last 5-10 years than we have.

You guys keep trying to make recruiting about one thing. The quicker you guys realize it’s about a bunch of things the quicker you’ll realize there is no quick fix. It’s not just about wins, it’s not just about scheme, it’s not just about resume, or just bags. It’s a combination of all that. I don’t know why kids continue to pass on Rumph. If sure years of irrelevance despite one year of fraudulent 10 wins, isn’t helping the overall view of Miami.
I know its everything I'm not knew to this but some kids care about certain things more then others and Rumph would know what that is. Now for me I will keep saying you don't miss this much while producing unless kids just dislike something about you more then just the program but I don't see what it is I mean the cbs are always team leaders he makes them NFL players and better men so something will give because this won't continue but everybody blaming Rumph for everything is old and tired

The Rumph argument is irrelevant. Díaz kept him. He isn’t going anywhere. Accept it and move on.

Advertisement
Michael Jackson was a 4-star recruit on Rivals. Let’s not act like he was some no-name bum.

Rumph’s recruiting is a real problem. It is what it is.

he was a kid from bama who bama didn't even want. he was largely a non descript recruit. i bet bama would have taken him now if they knew he'd be this

FSU and UF are snatching up THEIR SHARE, just like us. And both of those schools have put more guys in the league over the last 5-10 years than we have.
Yep...both have multiple 1st rounders....Ramsey and James are ballin on another planet...on the flip side... this is why gogeta said get the recruiter......it doesn't matter who's coaching as much when you get "elite" talent...Rumph has to eventually pump outta first rounder to build his rep...period..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back