bama commit Christian Williams visiting

MJ was one of the better corners in the country. Bandy has turned into a very good player. Dean even developed from trash to serviceable.

The guy can coach, he just can’t land the 5 star CBs.

He can't land anyone who wasn't born a Cane. Outside of kids who all he had to do was say come play at Miami, he hasn't landed anyone, whether they had 5 stars next to their name or 3. It's not just him either. Banda has whiffed just as much if not more.

Advertisement
We can't have both? **** I would take a good coach and an average recruiter. I mean the guy has lost every major recruiting battle.
Obviously we all want both. But that wasn't the question. I asked if you could only have one, which one would it be. Just getting people's thoughts

Obviously we all want both. But that wasn't the question. I asked if you could only have one, which one would it be. Just getting people's thoughts

I get that but it's a strange situation. I've never seen a coach who could develop but missed like Rumph in recruiting. I side more with gogeta. Guys like Jalen Ramsey are first rounders no matter where they go. Look at Bama's run on CBs in the first round. They are getting 5 star kids and they are playing like 5 stars.

Rumph is by no means should be fired.

Y’all are straight delusional if you want this guy to pull a rabbit out of the hat when Manny handcuffing him plays a large part is our DB recruiting struggles.

Advertisement
Rumph is by no means should be fired.

Y’all are straight delusional if you want this guy to pull a rabbit out of the hat when Manny handcuffing him plays a large part is our DB recruiting struggles.

I'm not an advocate of firing Rumph. But I'm curious how you think Manny is handcuffing him?

I'm not an advocate of firing Rumph. But I'm curious how you think Manny is handcuffing him?
D said it yesterday that he ran the D like a dictatorship and it’s known that Rumph has to get Banda on board to offer kids...that’s what happened with Asante.

Advertisement
He doesn’t let Rumph make his own evaluations and offer kids. Brooklyndee has backed this up and mentioned how much of a control freak Manny is — kids like Keller Ringo and others were dying to be Canes and had Rumph evaluate and want to offer but Manny wouldn’t let it happen.

FSU and UF are middling programs that have no problems snatching up premium Dbs.

**** South Carolina just beat us out for one essentially..they have NEVER been more than Middle tier.

South Carolina has Stephane Gilmore, Jonathan Joseph, captain munerlyn, and DJ Swearinger all in the NFL.

We have the perennial powers dee Delaney and Artie burns(never developed with Pitt) oh and kinda Sam shields if you count a receiver changing to a corner. We need Mike Jackson to perform in the nfl.

So when the guys rump just coached ball in the NFL will you all stop? When he puts guys in NFL and shows how he coached them to that level kids will start coming more

Its obvious rumph can develop guys, why cant he sell that? He must have a horrible personality, this class has a lot of really good DB's he shouldn't be missing on ALL of the top guys this go around. If he does he should be let go.

Advertisement
D said it yesterday that he ran the D like a dictatorship and it’s known that Rumph has to get Banda on board to offer kids...that’s what happened with Asante.
Interesting. I had heard that that Rumph and Manny disagreed about Couch. Rumph liked Davis more, but Manny liked Couch, and Manny didn't want to offer both, while Rumph did. Obviously Manny's made the call and Couch is in the class. Not sure if that is true.

Didn't he also say that Diaz offered less talented kids to keep a Miami pipeline open at certain schools? That would seem to be contradictory for Assante situation seeing as he was at St. Thomas

Didn't he also say that Diaz offered less talented kids to keep a Miami pipeline open at certain schools? That would seem to be contradictory for Assante situation seeing as he was at St. Thomas
But how many kids do we get from STA no matter what? We missed on the top guys but still brought 2 in.

Advertisement
I get that but it's a strange situation. I've never seen a coach who could develop but missed like Rumph in recruiting. I side more with gogeta. Guys like Jalen Ramsey are first rounders no matter where they go. Look at Bama's run on CBs in the first round. They are getting 5 star kids and they are playing like 5 stars.
Right now it's more about producing a 1st rounder first than getting 5* CBs....Baker from uga was a 3* in our own backyard ....if Rumph is truly an elite developer....he needs to pump outta 1st rounder to improve his recruiting resume ...he hasn't put anybody in round one yet ...it's prolly a negative recruiting tool used by other db coaches....FSU and UF have recently built big-time db resumes...recruits don't care about college team stats as much as becoming first rounders...

I'd rather have the recruiter. At least if they get fired, the next coach has something to work with and it isn't a huge rebuild.

I mean, as soon as I knew Rumph was his recruiter I pretty much moved on from this kid. Anyone who thinks we are gonna beat a contested recruit that Rumph is the primary on hasn’t been paying attention.

But how many kids do we get from STA no matter what? We missed on the top guys but still brought 2 in.

Oh I agree. I am just saying it seems contradictory to say "Manny would rather offer less talented kids at a feeder school, than to go OOS" then to also say, "we didn't recruit Assante (who was a top recruit in his own right) because of Manny being a dictator and withholding the offer." Nothing more than that correlation.

Advertisement
Back