Baker: play calling or scheme?

LMAO. Dudes are on here arguing in favor of our defense based (3) quarters of play at UL - like the 4th quarter doesn’t matter. Craziness.

Advertisement
LMAO. Dudes are on here arguing in favor of our defense based (3) quarters of play at UL - like the 4th quarter doesn’t matter. Craziness.
did the fourth quarter yards we gave up matter in the FSU game when we were up by 35? nobody is saying it doesn't matter but to imply that our defense is only "average" due to yards given up when games are out of hand is just idiotic

we'll see as the season goes on whether or not Baker can live up to our standard the last few years, but last year the D wasn't the problem fyi. We have an offense now so even if we can get similar production as last year then we'll be perfectly fine

I mean these are the same clowns that were / are saying to fire Rumph when we were rated the #1 passing defense in the country.

Last year was inexcusable, obviously most knew going into this season if we had a rough one that manny needed to go but he did what head coaches are supposed to.

he KILLED it with the transfer portal, fixing the OL, QB, Kicker, (DE/S last year with phillips and bolden) generated excitement for the program, made probably the best hire in college football (lashlee), and has an amazing recruiting class coming in.

what the **** else is a HC supposed to do right now when just 3 games ago we lost 14-0 to louisiana tech, we're now #7 with a chance to make a statement and be top 2.

anyone not happy with the change of course over the last few months is a moron

we'll see if baker has it in him when the sample size is bigger but Louisville had 6 points at half, FSU had 3. Both games were out of hand when the other teams started getting garbage yards
100% agree with you Manuela's current "portal class" has been outstanding in helping our Canes get those Ws.

No argument there.

Advertisement

When you’re up 4 touchdowns and your backups are playing it doesn’t chronic mope.

How fat is your WAP? Does it smell? You don’t know what you’re looking at you chronic ****.

Ironic you use that analogy, since spend every day on here taking whiny, backhanded shots like a a giant vag who's afraid to get his feelings hurt again by his team.

Grow a pair and stop hedging Nancy.

You think that attitude would be acceptable at Bama, Clemson, or Georgia?

Just dumb *** Miami fans and The Baker Dozen. Some of our fans are as delusional as Gator fans.

Same dumb asses were certain about how bad our offensive line/overall talent was just last year. It’s the same nonsense every year. We have a MLB averaging ONE tackle per game, we’re giving up 5(?) yards per carry to 3(?) different backs - but yet these cats are out here acting Like Baghdad Bob when we point out issues on defense.

Advertisement
Ironic you use that analogy, since spend every day on here taking whiny, backhanded shots like a a giant vag who's afraid to get his feelings hurt again by his team.

Grow a pair and stop hedging Nancy.

You’re the biggest flaming **** on this board. You can’t even talk football. All you do is put on your ***gy little skirt and start cheering about some dumb stats anytime you want to make a point.

Get a clue fugg boi and stop chasing men around who actually know the game.

You’re the biggest flaming **** on this board. You can’t even talk football. All you do is put on your ***gy little skirt and start cheering about some dumb stats anytime you want to make a point.

Get a clue fugg boi and stop chasing men around who actually know the game.

Look at you all inflamed dropping LB tackle and RB average stats. Let me guess, those two REALLY MATTER because you're a REAL man who KNOWS the game? Yet you dumbed my comment about being 3rd in TFLs, 13th in sacks, 13th in 3rd down efficiency, 13th in scoring D and point out we held our first three opponents to 16 first half points combined in three blowout wins.

Lmao, you talk so much **** but at then end, you're are a frightened little girl inside.

Last edited:
IMO the second half of the Louisville game was a great learning experience for the defense that they need to play all 4 quarters no matter the score. They never really got the chance to play with a big lead last year, need to develop the killer instinct.

Some people on here are saying if we hold them to 28 points in the game they will eat crow or be super happy. If we hold them to 21 in the first half I will be elated. I don’t think you guys realize that we’re going against a well oiled machine with the best QB and best RB in the nation

Advertisement
Look at you all inflamed dropping LB tackle and RB average stats. Let me guess, those two REALLY MATTER because you're a REAL man who KNOWS the game? Yet you dumbed my comment about being 3rd in TFLs, 13th in sacks, 13th in 3rd down efficiency, 13th in scoring D and point out we held our first three opponents to 16 first half points combined in three blowout wins.

Lmao, you talk so much **** but at then end, you're are a frightened little girl inside.

LMAO. Run it or run along, stat boy. You don’t know **** about the game.

LMAO. Run it or run along, stat boy. You don’t know **** about the game.

“We have a MLB averaging ONE tackle per game, we’re giving up 5(?) yards per carry to 3(?) different backs”

“Stat boy”

Lmao.

Last edited:
I don’t think we have the athletes on defense at linebacker and corner back to be as good as we think we should be. Once those upgrades occur over the next 1-2 years with the current group of freshmen and next year’s recruiting class I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.
Our d-line has future NFL players up and down. But other than Bolden and possibly Blades, there isn’t a sure fire NFL player in the back 7. That means we are having to do a lot with schemes and it just won’t always work, especially against really good teams.
At times we do TOO MUCH with schemes and it has it looking like dummies.
We need to just line-up and be sound more often.

And I don't know that our DL has NFL players "up and down".
Nesta, Phillips, Harrison-Hunt and Roche are the only NFL guys I see so far, and Roche will go late IMO. (he's small)

At some point you have to question development too.
We've seen this staff get 4/5 stars and fail to develop them into early NFL drafts picks. So truthfully I don't know how much NFL talent we REALLY have on defense. There could be more NFL guys in our unit if they were developed differently and/or put in better positions to succeed.

Advertisement
did the fourth quarter yards we gave up matter in the FSU game when we were up by 35? nobody is saying it doesn't matter but to imply that our defense is only "average" due to yards given up when games are out of hand is just idiotic

we'll see as the season goes on whether or not Baker can live up to our standard the last few years, but last year the D wasn't the problem fyi. We have an offense now so even if we can get similar production as last year then we'll be perfectly fine
Last year it wasn't THE problem, but it wasn't elite either.

I just have a hard-time believing in this defensive staff versus any decent offensive opponent. Sorry.

If I'm trippin' then show me ONE good offensive opponent that this defensive staff ever out-coached/dominated.

Well our def thrives when have great safety play! We have good/great play right now. I think if he cut out da delayed/exotic blitzes we would be an even better defense.
EVERY defense thrives with great Safety play. General statements like this are not exclusive to the way WE play defense.
We don't ask our Safeties to do anything special.

(unless we're playing against the most explosive slot WR in the country, then we ask them to play man on him)

I just keep hearing that our linebackers don't seem to improve. Those in the know mentioned that Shaq and Pink didn't really get that much better from their freshmen years. Mccloud for a 5th year senior, seems so slow diagnosing plays, that he almost always is late and gets caught in the wash. Also it seems our pre snap alignments leave a lot to be desired, looks like we are even trailing plays before the ball is snapped.
NOBODY improves under the this staff.

I'd like someone to name ONE player that got better in their 3/4 years here.
Even the 4/5 star guys we had didn't improve a single bit.

Advertisement
Back