**** Baker Mayfield

I dont know much about NFL contracts but 3 yr 15 mil 8 mil guaranteed aint half bad for a 3rd down RB... Hope he lands on his feet somehwere, but Baker was outta pocket with the slick *** comments. We will see if it comes to bite him in the ***.. Some other NFL players on social media having a big problem woth his comments already.

Ya it's not a good look to be a sophmore in the NFL popping off about tenured teammates contracts.

Advertisement
Mayfield is a child who, because of his draft position and playing position, doesn’t yet understand the economic realities of pro football, and especially the running back position. This does not make Mayfield a great leader, it makes him a petulant child. Landry has been around the block and understands how to speak to a teammate in what is a business.

Advertisement
Did he trash your alma mater FSU?

Advertisement
Worst thing the "leader" of the team can do is talk about another teammates money... This is uncalled for

But its not about money.....isnt it about him being 3rd string. Johnsons feeling hurt cause the team went out and got someone better and he feels like he cant/wont be able to beat them out. Johnson needs to show out the first 6-8 games(whatever hunt is suspended for) and then go sign with a team that will utilize him. he is not an every down back. He needs to be put in a spread offense....get him out in space.
Take off the orange and green glasses. a 3rd string RB making trade demands....gtfoh

Advertisement
Johnson now has the opportunity to show his **** like....................... cmike73 said,, and then leverage that prowess to a team that will not necessarily feature him, but give him the ball to make a difference, and contribute to wins....
Pride as a player, and in the locker room has a lot to do with a players performance , and his head as per the pecking order on a team.
Duke needs to step up and do his thing, and move on......

Advertisement
Worst thing the "leader" of the team can do is talk about another teammates money... This is uncalled for

isnt this about duke not getting PT since browns have hunt and chubb who are better true RBs? duke has been demanding a trade all offseason and backed it up again today. i could see why his teammates aren't thrilled esp the QB. duke is nice, but he isnt kareem hunt and he wont play over hunt once hunt is back

So instead of going to bat for Duke and telling management they need to take him seriously, he chose to sow dissent.

Jarvis Landry was one of my favorite Dolphins and we were stupid to get rid of him. This shows what kind of man he is.

fins were not stupid to get rid of him. hes a number 2 who wanted number 1 money. miami wasn't in a spot where paying him that much money would've helped them. it was a smart move by them to NOT pay him.

also, being realistic, browns have two RBs who are legitimately better (hunt by far). duke has wanted out all offseason and he should find a way out bc he wont get many touches once hunt is back. at the end of the day, Duke is a third down back w trade demands.

I don’t know the details, but if BM is talking shlt about another man’s money, that man possibly being the last line between him and getting killed by a streaking DE, then he’s as dumb an okie as I thought he was.

Hope somebody takes his fūcking head off if that’s the case.
He's from Texas.

Advertisement
Back